Guest Catherine C

More Ideas & Possibles for 2005

Yeager is a typically macho fighter-jock, I doubt we'll ever get a clue as to his health on a negative note, however, he's less visible these last few years.

Oh, the Agony... The agony.

Claire Rayner sounding a bit shaky. Probably not helping herself much either, when she says she doesn't want to ever use another NHS hospital - apparently its got something to do with them being a trite filthy.

Looks like Joe Longthorne is facng a tricky future. I'm not sure how well these bone marrow transplants work, even assuming he gets one. One to keep an eye on.

Maybe Zarquawi or Allawi can be a good choice for next year...

Steve Race, musician writer and at one point a permanent fixture on Radio 2 is 84 next year.

Now retired, but probably still moaning about unlistenable 'Pop Music' in a bath chair in Bexhill.

"When you are about thirty-five years old, something terrible always happens to music"

That's one of his.

Twot.

:ghost6:

Is this the same Steve Race of "My Music" fame? Ian Wallace, Frank Muir, Denis Norden and somebody Amis if I remember correctly - Mr Muir has gone to the great scriptwriters hall in the sky, but the others must all be getting on a bit.......

That's the chappie.

Horrific programme, I hope you'll agree. Especially the end when the winner would sing a dreary tin-pan alley standard with Mr Race accompanying on piano. Almost as sh*t as Quote Unquote with sodding Nigel Rees.

John Amis is 84 next year, and Ian Wallace is the grandfather of them all being a mighty 86 next year (although he has just celebrated his 85th birthday a couple of weeks back) - surely we could nominate the My Music foursome for next years list - one of them is bound to fall off the perch!

I used to watch My Music when I was about 10, never knew any of the answers and probably still wouldn't. Rather worryingly, my parents have a range of books by Mr Rees (or Sodding to his friends!).

As most of us will know, Mo Mowlem was given the all-clear from her brain cancer some time ago (1998?), but does anyone here think there is a chance it has returned? I only ask this because I have recently seen her on a breakfast talk-show and she was rambling off-subject, didn't seem to know when to stop talking, talked over other people and got different countries mixed-up (worryingly calling Iraq Iran more than once). I know what you are going to say - these are the normal traits of a politician - but what if ...

DWB :ghost6:

TRH. Angus Ogilvy ( married to the Queen's cousin, Princess Alexandra)

Surely he hasn't got much time left with having cancer (unless it has been all- cleared) and is certianly into his late 70's if not older. Any thoughts???????????

What is it with you & royals ! :huh:

You obviously have it in for Ogilvy ... I started once , so ...

:huh:

Guest Senor Whack

Scott Weiland from STP fame and currently Velvet Revolver. Have you seen him lately? He could go anyday!

Yetti, may i sugest Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands once again, or how about Queen Mother Astrid of Belgium?? (i think thats the right QM) or how about PRINCE.....etc etc.

Guest Senor Whack

Richard Pryor? He is about to go.

What about Ozzy Osbourne? The dark prince may not be with us much longer.

Guest Guest_guest

another possible for 2005 ?

[expired link]

Guest Advisor

Mike Wallace whos 87 at the moment. Hes most known for being the host of 60 minutes. Is he worth considering?

Considering he was just detained for scuffling in the streets of New York, I'd say he's doing pretty well.

Guest deFiantpHooF

Paul Harvey

He's the guy that usually does some kind of weird story on AM radio. He usually airs right before Rush Limbaugh. I think he's in his 90's. Totally should be on the list...

Oh, that old guy.

I was wondering who he was, listening to my AM radio here in Australia.

[And there was me thinking the world revolved around the sun. I must have been mistaken. It obviously revolves the USA.]

unfortunately..the world does revolve around the usa...pity that...as the world might just be a better place without them...

riiiiiiight.

Back to the topic of DL nominees, according to our current criteria (obit in a major UK publication) my guess is Paul Harvey would probably scrape in to at least the likes of the Torygraph. We could put him down for a 2005 nominee, discuss him at the committee meeting, and he'd get voted down unanimously. So let's not even bother.