Guest Catherine C

More Ideas & Possibles for 2005

Alu Alkhanov,

The newly elected president of Chechnya. Given that 3 of his precedents have been assassinated and one is in hiding, his chances of surviving to a healthy old age are to be frank, fairly poor.

Mr Alkhanov, a former interior minister, told the news agency Itar-Tass after hearing the initial results: "I feel an enormous burden of responsibility. I feel no euphoria. There is a clear understanding that a lot of hard work is ahead."

Mr Maskhadov has vowed to kill the winner of the vote. Mr Alkhanov dismissed the idea of negotiations with Mr Maskhadov as "not necessary", according to Interfax yesterday.

Hmm, no euphoria. Wonder why not.

Ummm, not to be a jerk but I'm pretty sure that thats not alliteration. Closer to a homonym but it isn't really that either.

Alu Alkhanov,

The newly elected president of Chechnya. Given that 3 of his precedents have been assassinated and one is in hiding, his chances of surviving to a healthy old age are to be frank, fairly poor.

I'm a huge fan of alliteration, Anubis, but that just messed with my mind! ;)

Edit: Note that Mr. Thirteen's comment appears out of order as I was busy correcting a small problem. It turns out that I, yet again, failed to log in and my comment appeared as that of a guest.

I really think Mr. Zahir Shah, last King of Afghanistan could be a good choice.

See: He was hospitalized for two weeks, and remains in New Delhi under observation. On May 18 he was brought to a hospital in the United Arab Emirates because of nose bleeding caused by heat. He was reported in stable condition as of May 2004. He was next scheduled to visit France to cure his stomach disease.

While in France for a medical check-up, he broke his femur by slipping in a bathroom, June 21, 2003. Rumors of his death followed both in Afghanistan and Pakistan. In an October 2002 visit to France, he had also slipped in a bathroom, bruising his ribs.

Furthermore, he´s 90.

Guest Advisor

Jack Armstrong the Legendary tatoo legend. He has been Tatooing since 1928 so i figure he must atleast be in his late 80s.

While in France for a medical check-up, he broke his femur by slipping in a bathroom, June 21, 2003. Rumors of his death followed both in Afghanistan and Pakistan. In an October 2002 visit to France, he had also slipped in a bathroom, bruising his ribs.

He should be fine, as long as he steers clear of bathrooms. He must have been lucky though, finding a bathroom in France. (cue long list of Gallic stereotypes)

He should be fine, as long as he steers clear of bathrooms. He must have been lucky though, finding a bathroom in France. (cue long list of Gallic stereotypes)

;) Hehe, Anubis, don't get me started.

Too late...

Hell is a cab ride in Paris, a never ending cab ride in Paris!

(Edit: Cue long list of irate Parisian guest posters.)

Sorry to pick you up on this Harry, but what Sartre actually said was "Hell is other Frenchmen"

Yes, Anubis, that's what Jean Paul said, but I was paraphrasing so as to avoid the Gallic gall. Even most Parisians hate Parisian cab drivers... :)

Is Max Bygraves still with us? He was born in 1922, so must be due for a pair of wings and a harp.

Others I'd like to see shuffling towards a place in the Choir Eternal.

Clint Eastwood

Prince Phillip

George Bush Snr

Dame Vera Lynn

The two surviving Andrews Sisters

Any surviving Beverley sisters

Guest Chiselchick

How about 92 year old Nancy Wake (The White Mouse) she is a truly remarkable woman. She was the allies most decorated service woman WWII.

Guest deadly lampshade

How about Brian Wilson, the former Beach Boy who now looks like a Beach Ball Boy? I realise that he's not as aged as some of your other contenders, but if his life reflects his current tour, he won't be feeling any good vibrations soon...

Looks like Joe Longthorne is facng a tricky future. I'm not sure how well these bone marrow transplants work, even assuming he gets one. One to keep an eye on.

Update on JL - there was a small article in tonight's paper saying he's not doing too well and is about to give his farewell performance.

Just saw Denis Healey on TV - he is an old dude - 87 according to my research. Hes gotta be thinking about giving Michael Foot and Jim Callaghan a run for their money...

Guest stephen

Diego Maradona is unlikely to last beyond 2005. Also, any "fair and impartial" trial of Saddam Hussein is likely to take place then.

Guest Guesty
Just saw Denis Healey on TV - he is an old dude - 87 according to my research. Hes gotta be thinking about giving Michael Foot and Jim Callaghan a run for their money...

You watching that laughable show about the iluminati on sky one, GR?

Tony Benn if you want old politicians. Is Ted Heath still with us? Still on a political topic, Boris "p****d as a f**t" Yeltsin must be close to total liver collapse-induced death by now. Nelson Mandela has seen better days as well. Jimmy Carter is 79, his birthday is January 10th, will he survive to see his 80th?

Nelson Mandela has seen better days as well

I'm guessing that those don't include the ones he spent on Robben Island......