Guest Catherine C

More Ideas & Possibles for 2005

Guest Banshees Scream
:pop: ...... i say Sir.John Mills Max Schmelling or maybe even the pope who could live another day or god knows another 8 10 years..

Hello.

I live in France and Charles Azenavor is very old. He is sprightly but is on telly every night so perhaps he might wear himself out in 2005? He is beginning to have to sit down rather a lot I have noticed.

Is he famous enough across the channel?

Mais oui, definitely famous enough, I'd say. How old is he these days?

- Enfant Impoli

I still think Prince Bernhard is dead cert seen as hes 93, had 50 operations and has an in-operable tumor.

Mais oui, definitely famous enough, I'd say. How old is he these days?

- Enfant Impoli

Chere enfant

We have recently had to endure a 3 hour 80th Birthdayathon on French TV.

A mere spring chicken really or should I say poulet de printemps.

Esclave a la tombe

Ivan Noble

Can't seem to find Ivan being mentioned before, despite keeping an on-line diary of his battle with a brain tumour.

Don't know if he would pass the fame test, although it is a cert that should he pass away, the BBC would report it on-line at least - and knowing the the way the press always have a soft spot for their colleagues in other media branches, at least one of the broadhsheets is bound to pick up on it.

Not only one to watch on Deathlist, but possibly a joker (and unique pick?) for Derby Dead Pool?

Ivan Noble

Can't seem to find Ivan being mentioned before, despite keeping an on-line diary of his battle with a brain tumour.

Don't know if he would pass the fame test, although it is a cert that should he pass away, the BBC would report it on-line at least - and knowing the the way the press always have a soft spot for their colleagues in other media branches, at least one of the broadhsheets is bound to pick up on it.

Not only one to watch on Deathlist, but possibly a joker (and unique pick?) for Derby Dead Pool?

But had any of us heard of him before he'd got ill? Could you name any other BBC online journalists? I don't think so. Another case of only-famous-because-he's-about-to-croak I think.

I'm inclined to agree - people being famous for being ill is similar to people being famous for being old, and as we all know they are banned from the DL for that very reason.

Apart from The Beastie Boys[1] who are famous for being ill, or so I'm told.

[1] Feel free to replace with a more relevant cultural figure.

What about Bob Barker? He is getting up there and did his announcer Rod Roddy die last year? :rolleyes:

Keith Floyd - A recipe for disaster?

60 and two recent stokes. I hardly recognised him the other day in the paper. The old fella is a shadow of his former self :rolleyes:

with all this talk about hepatitis C and how it damages your liver, lets not forget about the effects of alcohol. therefore in my opinion ted kennedy would be a good candidate, maybe kitty dukakis?

old ted is still kicking it but as much weight as he has put on, that cant be good for the old ticker or the liver-diabetes, and plus he likes the taste of whiskey, and being a kennedy doesnt help much>

Keith Floyd - A recipe for disaster?

60 and two recent stokes. I hardly recognised him the other day in the paper. The old fella is a shadow of his former self :rolleyes:

He was always a bit of a cantankerous old sod. In spite of his cheery affectation for the cameras.

Prime candidate for a premature demise. I wonder if all that healthy red wine could have a life-prolonging effect though?

not keith floyd-keith richards is the way to go

Ian Paisley could be worth serious consideration. Rumour has it he has prostate cancer. That didn't do Frank Zappa any good.

zsa zsa gabor has been in a coma for well over a year, she could be a good possibility, along with rev. billy graham, and ruby muhammed, the mother of the nation of islam, born in 1897. these three are worth looking into.

How about John Forsythe (Blake carrington from "Dynasty"). I was shocked to see that he turned 86 this year.

he was looking pretty sickly in the photo in people magazine

what about that guy from 60 minutes, mike wallace? the guy has been around forever. graduated college in 1939 and has been in the news service ever since. he may just sign off for the last time in 2005. :D

Nancy Reagan