Guest Catherine C

More Ideas & Possibles for 2005

with his history he could be a consideration for 2005 or maybe 2006

Cyril Fletcher of the wicker chair and the palm tree on That's Life in the 70's and 80's.

He will be 92 next year and could reasonably be expected not to be able to keep up his unctuous double-entendres for much longer.

Guest willem

What about Magic Johnson? He has been HIV+ for 15 years now.

The Luxembourg PM gives us the nod on who's going to be next to leave the DeathList 50...

junckermedaille.jpg

Come in number 27 your time is up. Sorry Charles, the PM says you've gotta go. :huh:

Another oldie I thought was already dead, but isn't: General Vo Nguyen Giap, of Vietnam War fame. Born in 1912, he's in his nineties. I've no idea about his health, though, but he could make a nice outsider.

regards,

Hein

General Vo Nguyen Giap, of Vietnam War fame. Born in 1912, he's in his nineties. I've no idea about his health, though, but he could make a nice outsider.

According to this BBC News article of May 5, 2004:

Now 92 years old, he is still beguiling audiences with his lucid account of his military strategy, and battlefield details.

Though physically frail, his memory is prodigious.

I recommend this soldier for consideration for the 2005 list.

regards,

Hein

Hello.

I live in France and Charles Azenavor is very old. He is sprightly but is on telly every night so perhaps he might wear himself out in 2005? He is beginning to have to sit down rather a lot I have noticed.

Is he famous enough across the channel?

It appears that Charles was a bit of a premature suggestion. As I type, he is performing on French TV and never have I seen a healthier looking 80 year old.

Tant pis.

I think Eve Arnold may be worth a punt though and she could fill M. Cartier-Bresson's photographic shoes. She is 91 although I have no information about the state of her health.

How about John Profumo? He hasn't been in the news for about 40 years, but his name is still a byword for political scandal and general naughty goings-on in the corridors of power. I think David Blunkett could have learned a thing or two from him. I'm fairly certain he's still alive - he must be well into his eighties by now.

President Alvaro Uribe of Columbia has survived more than 10 attempts on his life. The Columbian authorities have just thwarted another assassination attempt.

Police foil plot to kill Uribe

Here's some ideas...

Robert Blake - probably best known in the UK for the TV show "Baretta", aged 71 and currrently standing trial for the murder of his wife.

HRH Duke of Edinburgh - aged 82, health allegedly giving some concern.

Dick Cheney - US VP, health probs for some years now, under pressure.

Dick Clark - long time host of the New Year show on US TV, aged 75 and currently hospitalised after a stroke (may not be well enough known in the UK)

Any one (or more) of

Bruce Forsyth

Ken Dodd

Max Bygraves

Bernard Manning (surprised he's made it this far)

Former TV wrestling stars Mick McManus and Jackie Pallo, both pushing 80 (although McManus looks in great shape at 77).

Long-time Scottish politician Winnie Ewing (must be close to 80)

Cyril Fletcher of the wicker chair and the palm tree on That's Life in the 70's and 80's.

He will be 92 next year and could reasonably be expected not to be able to keep up his unctuous double-entendres for much longer.

I read in last weeks paper that he was already dead !!!!! does anyone know the truth?

Dead or Alive?

According to IMDB, he's still kickin. Also couldn't find any recent articles on CNN or Google news...

I read in last weeks paper that he was already dead !!!!! does anyone know the truth?

Dead or Alive?

(offending article was in the daily mail page 49 14th December edition) On closer examination, it would appear that it was one of their readers mentioned the Late Cyril Fletcher of odd ode fame ...etc etc...

Daily mail reader..... enough said

I'm new to the forum, found it by accident, but oh well, thought it was a great idea....Anyways, I feel like I'm at a little disadvantage here because I'm from America. While I think some celebrities are equally popular across the globe, I feel I have to change some of my picks for 2005 cause they probably wouldn't show up in Brit papers. But, c'est la vie, I'll trudge on and hopefully I'll be able to compete with you all. Good luck.

The Puzlman

Does anyone know how Sir Cyril Smith is these days? He will be in his mid 70's now and if he is still anywhere near the size he used to be, he could be a candidate for late inclusion in the 2005 list.

He will be 77 next year. I recall reading that he isn't quite as big as he was, but I can't remember where I saw that.

I gave him some serious consideration for my DDP entry, but he didn't quite make the grade.

So according to Sod's Law, he will probably drop down dead next week sometime.

King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz

Patrick Moore

HM The Queen

I think Elizabeth Taylor is a strong possibility for 2005 though. She is in very poor health and is suffering from congestive heart failure. She does not look like she has very long to go.

Elizabeth Taylor

Dead or Alive?

(offending article was in the daily mail page 49 14th December edition) On closer examination, it would appear that it was one of their readers mentioned the Late Cyril Fletcher of odd ode fame ...etc etc...

Daily mail reader..... enough said

That's Death!

They were merely a little ahead of schedule. I don't remember him from "That's Life", but he's gone today - a sad early miss for DL2005, I think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/4141367.stm