Banshees Scream

Deathlist Memories

I have particularly fond memories of the weekend we all joined The Royal Forums and got banned ;)

Indeed. :ph34r:

Probably my only claim to deathlist fame. :(

:P

One of my best 'early' memories on Deathlist is when i became a shipman (although the time before Windsor became a member was pretty good) 

deadornot: I happen to think I have advanced the deathlist experience.

It's my job to make the other members feel smarter. :D

As you would say

I was joking, i guess i should have used :lol:

Hey it was quieter when you weren't here but you brought the big posters (you and tempus).

Hey it was quieter when you weren't here but you brought the big posters (you and tempus).

Is this a criticism or a compliment? :ph34r:

I have particularly fond memories of the weekend we all joined The Royal Forums and got banned :ph34r:

Me too. :lol:. And the clumpy shoes of course.

Although it was before my time as a member, the 'World's Strongest Man' thread is still one of my favourites.

A thoroughly embarrassing episode early in my DL career involved me posting a candidate suggestion only to be told by all and sundry that they had been dead for years.

After a while the post slipped down the list, and using my mighty admin. powers I banished it forever.

I have genuinely forgotten who this dead person was, if I remember I will let you know.

DWB  :ph34r:

I think I may have similarly embarrassed myself :lol: . I have Phil Drabble on my DDP team and it has been suggested that he has already shuffled.

I have googled, but to no avail. I even tried 'Didtheydie'. Does anybody know?

I don't fancy your chances much with this sort of post.

[sorry Slave, I had to sabotage your link for Reasons of National Security. Bloody well noticed though, that one flew straight by me.-Notapotato]

Edited by Notapotato

I think I may have similarly embarrassed myself :ph34r: . I have Phil Drabble on my DDP team and it has been suggested that he has already shuffled.

Wikipedia is your friend :lol:

Phil Drabble

No date of death is a pretty clear indication

I think I may have similarly embarrassed myself  :ph34r: . I have Phil Drabble on my DDP team and it has been suggested that he has already shuffled.

Wikipedia is your friend :lol:

Phil Drabble

No date of death is a pretty clear indication

I did check there in the first place, but, from DDP:

Presenter of 'One Man And His Dog' - surely the dullest programme on British TV, at least until 'Big Brother' was invented. We think he may actually already have been rounded up by the Grim Reaper, but can't find an online obituary for him - can anyone help?

Well I trust the Wiki write up

Incidentally, Wiki was reviewed for accuracy in The Guardian last week and scored between 4/10 and 8/10 on a variety of articles (from memory).

If it improves a bit it'll be as accurate as dtd.com :ph34r:

I have particularly fond memories of the weekend we all joined The Royal Forums and got banned :ph34r:

I got banned only after 2 posts, which that was in a time

period of around 15 minutes. :lol:

I don't fancy your chances much with this sort of post.

[sorry Slave, I had to sabotage your link for Reasons of National Security. Bloody well noticed though, that one flew straight by me.-Notapotato]

Ah, sorry. I did think afterwards that perhaps I shouldn't have done it. Something else has gone as well, I've never done 3 posts in a row before. Makes me look quite obsessive.

It can be deaths, It can be arguments, It can be the glory of

becoming a Post - Twunt...

Share your Memorable times.

It was in the spring of 1970 and I was wandering along Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village when I crossed Carmine Street (careful not to stop for a slice of pizza) I headed down by the funeral parlor and there it was.

I don't know what it was but it was. Years later I still remember that day as if it had never happened before then.

Okay on a more serious note, I remember a lot of moments rather fondly including oddly enough the day I discovered this site while searching for info on Uncle Wilfie.

(I may be back later to tell of late night escapades with Walter Cronkite at Julius's bar down on Waverly and 10th)

I have particularly fond memories of the weekend we all joined The Royal Forums and got banned :old:

That was a hilarious weekend :sicktherm:

While it's difficult to argue with Grim Reaper's cherished memories of the Lady Di domino effect, I personally remember fondly Roy Castle's passing. Driving up north somewhere with a packed car of idiots all shouting with excitement as the news broke.

And I got the point for being first to phone in the news. It was all before this new-fangled technology which takes all the fun out of reading Ceefax first thing in the morning.

Bah humbug

I think I shall take my chances this time.

Shhhhhh! Its a secret.

About the same time I became a housewife. :o

About the same time I became a housewife.  ;)

It doesn't seem to suit you, Windsor.

I suggest you take a holiday.

Great sig, though :o

I'm surprised Elspeth didn't catch on with the fact that the first thread I started was 'whos next' and it involved the publication of a famous/controversial list which is to be published on the 1st of January 2006.

The only thing I've talked about is homosexual sheep and led into a conversation about how some homosexual Catholic member is looking for hats. Obviously an cross dresser.

Notapotato: You're prediction is far too generous! :o

I'm surprised Elspeth didn't catch on with the fact that the first thread I started was 'whos next' and it involved the publication of a famous/controversial list which is to be published on the 1st of January 2006.

A list?

Oh poo!

princesslinda aka windsor the troll, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

:o

Oh poo!

princesslinda aka windsor the troll, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Entropy's on line now, Good evening Elspeth! You didn't have anything to do with this, did you?

Oh poo!

Bad luck windsor, I am also registered in the RF, under a different name, date of birth etc, but I'm not telling you what it is!

For all who missed it, it may have been this that gave me away.

In all fairness, I think I went by the book this time.

I even complemented Diana...

It might interest you to know, windsor, that people talk about lists of things fairly often over there; not everyone talking about lists for next year is a troll from here. We're not about to start overreacting and banning large numbers of people without cause just in case they might be one of you lot. That would damage the forum far more than cleaning up after one of your tiresome invasions. We've been wondering for a couple of days whether to ban your latest ID immediately or just let it carry on while you were behaving at least reasonably well; since you're still going around other forums trying to get people to come and cause problems at the Royal Forums, the administrators decided that you weren't worth giving the benefit of the doubt to. Considering your posts on threads here about how we aren't good enough for you and all that sorry nonsense, it didn't appear that you'd rejoined for any reason than to continue to cause trouble.

By the way, it doesn't hurt to try telling the truth, you know. In that other forum where you were trying to get people to come over to the Royal Forums and start causing problems, you said you were banned for being too outspoken. You weren't. You were banned for instigating a troll invasion, which is exactly what you were trying to do with your post in that other forum too.

Elspeth