Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Halloween

Facebook full of fuckin carved pumpkins . Pumpkins ffs.

Wankers.

That is all..

• Like 2

Wankers or turnips? :lol:

I find the whole thing a load of rubbish anyway.

Something I don't understand.

Here in the UK kids (and adults if going to a party) dress up as witches, ghosts, zombies, skeletons and other creepy Halloween-themed things.

But in the USA it seems to be anything goes for Halloween fancy dress. When did that happen, and what's the point?

• Like 1

A new addition to my vocabulary courtesy of tonight's BBC 2's Only Connect: apocolocyntosis - the act of turning into a pumpkin. :lol:

Monster mash Halloween extravaganza .. feasts and roundabouts of candy and lotto QP's and decorations of the dead. Who the hell is that person or what do they believe or there goes a vampire or a clown or a fiery lady dashing away into the night or a marshmellow.. please. Witches on brooms flying across the moon. Themes and gimmicks and superstitions and wonder. A little bit of devil is a lot of devil.

• Like 3

Monster mash Halloween extravaganza .. feasts of candy and roundabouts of beers and lotto QP's and decorations of the dead. Who is that person or what do they believe or there goes a vampire or a clown or a fiery lady dashing away into the night or a marshmellow. Themes and gimmicks and superstitions and wonder. A little bit of devil is a lot of devil.

Welcome back Banshees, long time etc.

• Like 1

For Halloween, I went as 2016.

Cw_A30_WZXYAACRh_X.jpg

Lemmy died in 2015.

• Like 1

For Halloween, I went as 2016.

Cw_A30_WZXYAACRh_X.jpg

Tell me 2016. Do you have any plans on getting Charles Manson or Justin Bieber. That would be a huge help. Thanks.

Speaking personally, I dislike the current Hallowe'en 'celebrations'. I find the whole idea of children, some quite elderly, banging on doors demanding sweets. And where is the pleasure in decorations that are dour and miserable; cobwebs, corpses and the like?

Someone who dislikes Christmas is called a humbug, what is the Hallowe'en equivalent?

• Like 1

Yesterday some kids came to my house and tried to get some sweets. I ate their livers with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

• Like 3

Ah ya kuntz bitchin about Halloween.

Well my daughter had a gay olde time roaming the streets as Rainbow Dash (my little pony). Another 5-6 years and it'll be over so I enjoy her events vicariously. Be dead soon enough, I'll save me bitchin till then.

SirC

• Like 1

Well my daughter had a gay olde time roaming the streets as Rainbow Dash (my little pony). Another 5-6 years and it'll be over so I enjoy her events vicariously. Be dead soon enough, I'll save me bitchin till then.

SirC

When my daughter was in year 6 (age 10) her primary school held a fancy dress disco all her friends were really snooty about it and decided they weren't going to dress up she was determined to do so and she went as the BBC kids TV character Raven complete with drawn on beard and Raven staff not only did she come home with a big box of chocolates for best costume all the Year 3s followed her round.

However it seems to have given her a bit of a but as now 10 years later she goes to conventions and 'cosplays'

SirC

This perfectly illustrates my earlier point. While I would agree that 'My Little Pony' is in one sense horrific, WTF does it have to do with Halloween?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Happy Halloween, ya spooky bitches!

Wonder if we'll get a surprise hit today

I had a death in the family today, must be a good sign ;) happy halloween, creeps
Condolences

Thanks but I'm not a fan of my family. I'm Krampus of my family. :)

Happy Friday the 13th in October! The day ghouls like me have been looking forward to for months.

I love this time of year.

The colorful leaves.

The bitter wind.

The orange twinkle of a jack-o'-lantern on each front lawn.

The cawcaw of the crows on those gloomy evenings.

Enjoy the season, folks.

5 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Happy Friday the 13th in October! The day ghouls like me have been looking forward to for months.

I love this time of year.

The colorful leaves.

The bitter wind.

The orange twinkle of a jack-o'-lantern on each front lawn.

The cawcaw of the crows on those gloomy evenings.

Enjoy the season, folks.

Fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:lol:  You utter misery! Wait until LFN v.3 is toddling around in cute costumes, you'll be delighted.

I'll be 'away' again for Hallowe'en wickerman victim   so probably won't be able to make my usual whinging  post about it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Boudicca said:

:lol:  You utter misery! Wait until LFN v.3 is toddling around in cute costumes, you'll be delighted.

I'll be 'away' again for Hallowe'en wickerman victim   so probably won't be able to make my usual whinging  post about it.

Ok, granted, if its one of LFNs own, well, thats a bit different. :D

Go careful Bou, when they start staring run like fuck! :D

• Haha 1

icon_eek.gif

A guid look imo

thewickerman_lordsummerisle.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, charon said:

icon_eek.gif

A guid look imo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A handkerchief in the top pocket, even tho about to burn alive a Wee Free politzi.

Gotta say 'hero worship" for that way of life from this bear.

• Haha 1

Facebook, Americans, all front and hype with no substance or moral policies, Halloween just marketing to sell crap (see Facebook, Americans)

1 hour ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Facebook, Americans, all front and hype with no substance or moral policies, Halloween just marketing to sell crap (see Facebook, Americans)

That's very deep.