Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Halloween

My daughters first time going trick or treating tonight. She was confused at first but when she found out all you had to do was knock on doors and say trick or treat and she'd get sweets and chocolate she didn't want to stop. 

Weirdest thing she was given? 500ml bottle of pepsi. Not too weird but that's the most out of place.

Best thing she was given? Either two tim tams or half a tub of roses. Woman literally just poured it in.

• Like 1

Our visitors* nearly had to make do with a bottle of Lucozade as there was a lack of communication over the purchasing of sweets.

*If there were any.  We just stuck the pumpkin and treats outside the house.

We always get tonnes of guisers at our door. Tonight I handed out about 70-80 goody bags, which came in big and small sizes.

Anyone who hit out with "trIck oR TReAT SmelL MY fEEt gIMME SoMetHing GoOD TO EAT!!!" got a small bag.

5 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

We always get tonnes of guisers at our door. Tonight I handed out about 70-80 goody bags, which came in big and small sizes.

Anyone who hit out with "trIck oR TReAT SmelL MY fEEt gIMME SoMetHing GoOD TO EAT!!!" got a small bag.

you should have given them the hose

• Haha 2

The sad thing about 1) living on a dead-end road and 2) not being home for most holidays and 3) having my own daughter to take trick or treating, is that I don't get to pass out candy, as no kids come around anyway.  When I lived near the non Detroit side of 8 Mile (lol) we had plenty of kids come around, I miss that. 
I still decorate my house for holidays, but then I leave for a month and when I get home my house looks ridiculous.  Imagine a 2' skeleton and spooky wreath outside my door and it's almost Thanksgiving, or beyond.
SC

Put up my Halloween decorations today.

Gonna go shopping for more with a friend next week. It's spooky szn bitches.

• Like 2

I absolutely love Halloween :axe:. Me and wife actually dressing up this year (first time i've dressed up for Halloween in a long time) and my daughter is very excited, bought her the first part of her outfit today! Going all out this year decorations the lot. Yea I know....bought into the whole marketing BS but  Halloween when I was a kid wasn't as big a deal as it is now.

In the 90s trick or treating I received alot of money as people were ill prepared for trick or treaters but my daughter received no money last year.  That's the only big change I can think of can anyone think of how Halloween has changed for them over the years?  Has Halloween changed in America over the generations?  I think it defo has in the UK. 

7 hours ago, the_engineer said:

I absolutely love Halloween :axe:. Me and wife actually dressing up this year (first time i've dressed up for Halloween in a long time) and my daughter is very excited, bought her the first part of her outfit today! Going all out this year decorations the lot. Yea I know....bought into the whole marketing BS but  Halloween when I was a kid wasn't as big a deal as it is now.

In the 90s trick or treating I received alot of money as people were ill prepared for trick or treaters but my daughter received no money last year.  That's the only big change I can think of can anyone think of how Halloween has changed for them over the years?  Has Halloween changed in America over the generations?  I think it defo has in the UK. 

I think so. We've had an insane amount of trick or treaters and Halloween parties going on in our area these past 5 years. I think alot of parents enjoy it more than the kids now, that's what I put it down to. 

My daughter doesn't quite understand it yet but certainly enjoys dressing up and seeing all of the decorations. She's too young for trick or treating so just taking her to a party instead. 

• Like 1

Considering how many kids he allegedly had, I doubt if it would stop any now.

2 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Considering how many kids he allegedly had, I doubt if it would stop any now then now then now then!

That's better. :D

• Haha 3

Shout out to Detroit where October 30 used to be Devil’s Night.  I grew up thinking everyone had Devil’s Night.  Wasn’t till I was into my 20s I realised it’s a Detroit thaaang.  Which is perfect!

SirC

Happy Halloween folks: 

For 2021 Halloween, Sir and Lady Creep visited the Anatomy of Death Museum.  Amazingly, this gem of the macabre is a mere 2 miles from their apartment.  The Deathlist power couple enjoying the most Deathlisty Halloween ever.  

41E3FCE7-DEBE-44C2-9F9C-7E44D735E69E.jpeg

50900100-272C-454D-BF6F-41F41C05D009.jpeg

0B81725C-AA8A-42E6-B27A-4D8FC10F7099.jpeg

DD861A7A-CEC2-49D1-8CCC-F2B8EADFD522.jpeg

CA50BAD3-12CC-493D-9358-0B39CB46C31E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boudicca said:

I really wanted to buy this colouring book

@harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy but the U.K has better murderers per capita

Imagine not having Myra or Rose.

IMG_20211031_155529.jpg

Wot, no Shipman or Sutcliffe, Neilson or Nilsen (or even Nilsson - he butchered  Badfinger's Without You, some might say)?!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Wot, no Shipman or Sutcliffe, Neilson or Nilsen (or even Nilsson - he butchered  Badfinger's Without You, some might say)?!

If not Nilsson himself, at least his flat should feature.

• Like 1

Not only that, you can also go to Chillingshurst or Creepy Crawley. This is, apparently, to create 'fun engagement' for passsengers. I'm obviously getting old, as I find it neither fun nor engaging.

image.png

• Like 1

IMG_8449.thumb.jpeg.f32bb9e217c5a7e6c4aafdb0ea416144.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

11 hours ago, time said:

Not only that, you can also go to Chillingshurst or Creepy Crawley. This is, apparently, to create 'fun engagement' for passsengers. I'm obviously getting old, as I find it neither fun nor engaging.

image.png

10 out of 12 British trains running on time is scarily unsettling though…

• Like 1

Is this genuinely scary, what do you think?

398181196_10160298513532690_318239136410

• Haha 1

First snow (flurries) of the year here in the D.

IMG_7938.jpeg

• Like 1