Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Halloween

Halloween is the night of the devil and on such a sinful night there is plenty of mischief. I carved myself a jack o lantern and he turned out to be a presence. I'm tempted to speak of myths such as different realities which I probably don't believe in, prearranged events which I doubt are there either and other lesser known myths that are generally accepted by most to be unimaginable and very funny if you have a sense of humor. Ghosts in the white house? Spring heeled hopping from roof to roof? There probably are witches. I won't discuss succubus because there is no such thing. I once heard of people vanishing off the the face of the earth and out of nowhere but people have also combusted into flames which is hard to believe but it's the truth. One theme is abrupt and filthy voices thought to be demons intervening in a conversation but the neighbors window is always open and the TV is always on or it? :devil2:

This is what has been missing from the forum.

Its almost like the old days on here when I had hair and could maintain a healthy erection.

TOP TIP - fashion a splint from a matchstick, and get a cow to lick your head.

• Like 1

Haloween Night. The night of temptation, night of the devil. No guilt, no regrets. The unspeakable happens, the unforgivable happens. Witches are out there tonight and sugar highs have no limit and it brings a question into mind "Why don't I do this more often?"

The festive Haloween moon is looking from left to right tonight.

Carved a pumpkin that has a big smile.

Got the green shades on.

Happy Haloween to all.

• Like 1

Haloween Night. The night of temptation, night of the devil. No guilt, no regrets. The unspeakable happens, the unforgivable happens. Witches are out there tonight and sugar highs have no limit and it brings a question into mind "Why don't I do this more often?"

The festive Haloween moon is looking from left to right tonight.

Carved a pumpkin that has a big smile.

Got the green shades on.

Happy Haloween to all.

I cant just let this go without comment.

I love you man, Ive finally realised that its YOU who is the normality on this fucked up planet.

Bless you.

Ah, the pumpkin on the doorstep, the haunted tree branches waving with the moon hiding, the crisp breeze of 9PM. ... The secret is to believe just a little bit. The ghosty candle who has been on the shelf for years knows that 'nods'.

... The witch is gonna get me this year, I know it.

• Like 2

Ah, the pumpkin on the doorstep, the haunted tree branches waving with the moon hiding, the crisp breeze of 9PM. ... The secret is to believe just a little bit. The ghosty candle who has been on the shelf for years knows that 'nods'.

Interesting that 'Banshees Scream' mentions pumpkins, as I've read (some obvious misinformation) that in some places (read: Ireland) they do not use jack-o-lanterns but rather carve turnips hung with tea lights or whatever meant to ward off banshees. They would seem quite malleable, and honestly it sounded like a grand idea to me one I was willing to give a go this year. Are we saying I've been Onion'ed on this one? I read this a good 5+ years ago fwiw.

SC​

Interesting that 'Banshees Scream' mentions pumpkins, as I've read (some obvious misinformation) that in some places (read: Ireland) they do not use jack-o-lanterns but rather carve turnips hung with tea lights or whatever meant to ward off banshees. They would seem quite malleable, and honestly it sounded like a grand idea to me one I was willing to give a go this year. Are we saying I've been Onion'ed on this one? I read this a good 5+ years ago fwiw.

SC​

I can't speak for Ireland but fellow Celtic nation The Isle of Man traditionally used turnips rather than the pumpkin so it doesn't seem too far fetched that the Irish would as well. It's also known as Hop-tu-Naa over here.

Sad that the tesco up here just sells pumpkins now :(

The insides aren't exactly edible either , in comparison to the neep.

I always watch a bunch of TV episodes/specials about a holiday whenever there is one.

For Halloween, one of my favorite specials is "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", but it's never on YouTube. I wanted to watch it on TV today, so at 8:00PM, I headed downstairs to my living room. Turns out, it was on at 8:00 Eastern Time, and I'm in Central Time, so I missed it by an hour :(

1. Growing up in Detroit, we had this awesome thing the night before Halloween called 'Devil's Night', where we would walk around our neighborhood wreaking havoc (minor). I grew up doing this every year and had NO idea that no one else in the world did this. Throwing an egg at someone's house or soaping thier car windows or toilet papering their tree or if you were particularly bad kicking in a pumpkin on the porch, well those were all a right of passage for a 10-yr old.

2. Just sat w my daughter watching Charlie Brown & the Great Pumpkin, and it got to thinking about who was behind the theme song "Linus & Lucy". It was composed by Vince Guaraldi and played by his Trio, of which the only remaining member is drummer Jerry Granelli (http://www.jerrygranelli.com/site/) who turns 75 on 30-12-2015. Probably a few years before we need to think about him again, but now his name is in our search thanks to this post.

If I have time I may research the production team and voice actors, as it would be timely for today.

3. Happy Halloween everyone.

SirC

Things that annoy me about Halloween:

1) Little kids who start Trick-or-Treating at 2:00PM or 3:00PM.

2) Trick-or-Treaters older than 12 or 13.

3) Teenages who take everything after someone leaves a bowl of candy.

• Like 1

We've had fireworks all night as well.

October is becoming the Festival of Inconsiderate Fuckwits.

• Like 1

Temptation is on the rise, the greatest sins occurring hour by hour. Treat treasure .. high blood pressure! The devil wants you to sign on the dotted line. How much do you wanna bet that you'll have no regrets? Fuck everything - you can ponder your memories forever and look back and remember all of it and it means nothing. Briefcases with a lot of cash .. fire. If you don't take the brief case you''ll get burned. Ah, beer. Girls in festive Halloween costumes with beer and having everything you need. Witches shoot across the yellow moon - the future comes too soon but it's not what you think - "dark piano sound". Houses with outstanding displays, hell on earth and Halloween Night - alright!

We had our village firework display tonight. Everyone turns out for this. We always have it before Nov 5, because you have to get professional people to set them off nowadays, and it's too expensive to get them on the normal days. It was quite fun that it coincided with Halloween this year though. There was one firework like a row of shrieking ghouls, it was brilliant.

Except .... we are no longer allowed to bring sparklers because of H&S.

FOR FUCKS SAKE - Sparklers Too Dangerous At Bonfire Parties. I despair.

• Like 1

In my experience trick or treaters older than 12 usually are trick or treating because they have to watch over their siblings.

What if this was your last night on earth alive (or at least until further notice) .. and you could have it all! What would it be ... What will it be?

In my experience trick or treaters older than 12 usually are trick or treating because they have to watch over their siblings.

Not in America. Over here, a bunch of a teenage motherfuckers go Trick-or-Treating for free candy and then egg your house. And they do it really late, too.

Not in America. Over here, a bunch of a teenage motherfuckers go Trick-or-Treating for free candy and then egg your house. And they do it really late, too.

oh does that happen in England too if so thats more proof that Ireland is the best country in the world.

Toast I quite like fireworks and your celebration sounds great, but hearing them every day, even during the daylight hours (why?) and the accompanying barks of several sets of distressed dogs pisses me right off.

Properly done (as they do at Disneyland or Leeds Castle or any organised display) they're lovely.

We had our village firework display tonight. Everyone turns out for this. We always have it before Nov 5, because you have to get professional people to set them off nowadays, and it's too expensive to get them on the normal days. It was quite fun that it coincided with Halloween this year though. There was one firework like a row of shrieking ghouls, it was brilliant.

If we have fireworks going off in our village and it's not Guy Fox night, (I know, that's not the way to spell his name) the vigilantes come out the woodwork and hunt the perps out.

• Like 1

No fireworks. There is nothing else but hell and and that's all there is and what if there is a hell with you.

• Like 1

By all accounts they can cause lightweight polyester costumes to catch alight. Claudia Winklemann's daughter went up like a torch the other year. So all in all guess it's a fair call on those H&S concerns till 100% of parents can dress their offspring in sensible clothing.

• Like 1

That is outrageous. Sparklers are brilliant as long as people are properly dressed.

And very handy for accidentally burning down trampolines

• Like 1

One more thing that annoys me about Halloween:

Kids who feel like they should reach into your bowl and search for their favorite candy.

• Like 1

By all accounts they can cause lightweight polyester costumes to catch alight. Claudia Winklemann's daughter went up like a torch the other year. So all in all guess it's a fair call on those H&S concerns till 100% of parents can dress their offspring in sensible clothing

My teenager was going to wear something stupidly flammable to a party this evening. I was a lot more bothered about the proximity of drunken boys with zippo lighters than anything else she might have been getting up to. Thankfully they're all wearing normal party clothes instead, so that's two new outfits I've had to buy and I'm happy about it :24087468:

By all accounts they can cause lightweight polyester costumes to catch alight. Claudia Winklemann's daughter went up like a torch the other year. So all in all guess it's a fair call on those H&S concerns till 100% of parents can dress their offspring in sensible clothing

My teenager was going to wear something stupidly flammable to a party this evening. I was a lot more bothered about the proximity of drunken boys with zippo lighters than anything else she might have been getting up to. Thankfully they're all wearing normal party clothes instead, so that's two new outfits I've had to buy and I'm happy about it :24087468:

how old is she