Sign in to follow this  
AJS

The Poseidon Adventure Cast

1 hour ago, msc said:

Yep, nothing to do with Herbert. Think Fenric with a bigger budget and Americans. Also Janet Leigh playing the mum of Jamie Lee Curtis! :D

I remember watching that once and thinking that they hadn't thought it through. Once they limited the number of deaths the sense of menace evaporated. I did like the big gold cross at the end though.

Pointless had a final round where one of the categories was the cast. Needless to say, after doing the list so recently, I walked a couple of pointless answers.

I should go on the show...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Pointless had a final round where one of the categories was the cast. Needless to say, after doing the list so recently, I walked a couple of pointless answers.

I should go on the show...

Think every regular on this site would piss that show, tbh. Even if they brought up stuff nobody knew like Coronation St*, they'd be able to sneak through using their brains/logic, I'd assume.

*:D

• Like 1

Maybe they should have a deadpoolers special:

Podium 1: Lardy & LFN

Podium 2: Toast & MPFC

Podium 3: MSC & YoungWilz

Podium 4: Cat O Falk & Bibliogryphon

First round people who have appeared on The Deathlist....

• Haha 4

Well, that would be the first time I would have a podium place.....:lol:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Freaky, was looking at her Wiki page just an hour ago (through being namechecked on Valerie Harper's page, as I was boredly perusing the pages of recent deaths).

6 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Freaky, was looking at her Wiki page just an hour ago (through being namechecked on Valerie Harper's page, as I was boredly perusing the pages of recent deaths).

Today: Film 4. 2.20pm  The Poseiden Adventure .

American actor Hal Holbrook turns the grand old age of 95 today!

Thanks for the like @msc but I assumed he starred in the Poseidon Adventure because you mentioned him in this thread but just checked and can't see that  he did!!Oops a daisy!?

:birthday:

• Like 3

On 21/04/2018 at 18:59, msc said:

It's incredible how many shot for shot bits are nabbed from the film. Bit like The Fog and Curse of Fenric in that regard. Speaking of which, Hal Holbrook is still alive! That surprised me when I looked it up when The Fog was on a few weeks ago.

Yes, Gooseberry, I watch The Fog every Hallowe'en and am annually impressed by Hal Holbrook's continued survival.

Now hopefully he doesn't follow the lead of Nicholas Parsons who played his role in the Dr Who homage/rip-off of The Fog, The Curse of Fenric!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thanks for the like @msc but I assumed he starred in the Poseidon Adventure because you mentioned him in this thread but just checked and can't see that  he did!!Oops a daisy!?

:birthday:

Hah, looking back its a reply segue - Poseidon Adventure/the Dr Who Christmas special that blatantly ripped it off/Fenric who does the same of The Fog/Hal Holbrook still being alive - rather than him being in the film.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Hah, looking back its a reply segue - Poseidon Adventure/the Dr Who Christmas special that blatantly ripped it off/Fenric who does the same of The Fog/Hal Holbrook still being alive - rather than him being in the film.

My error lol!Just deciding if I should delete or leave it up given its harmless and for the sh*ts and giggles of someone being very self important and serious posting on the thread to discipline me, admonish me and smack my bottom for upsetting the flow of the thread!:D

I quite like smacked bottoms so I think I will keep it up!:lol:;)

2 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Stella Stevens, who had a long Hollywood career and co-starred with the likes of Elvis Presley and Jerry Lewis, has died. She was 84. A DDP pick, too.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/stella-stevens-dead-poseidon-adventure-elvis-presley-nutty-professor-1235263438/

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Sad news. Gene Hackman , Pamela Sue Martin and Eric Shea the last three  left from the Poseidon Adventure now. Would be a fairly big surprise if Hackman is not the next one to go. 

Cross posting for tits and shniggles.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Stella Stevens, who had a long Hollywood career and co-starred with the likes of Elvis Presley and Jerry Lewis, has died. She was 84. A DDP pick, too.

This means the deaths in the movie are in perfect sync to in real life.

1. Roddy McDowall (1998)

2. Shelley Winters (2006)

3. Stella Stevens (2023)

4. Gene Hackman (presumably 2025?)

Stevens’ and Hackman’s characters also die in quick succession in the film, which is likely to happen in real life to some degree.

• Facepalm 2

14 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

1. Roddy McDowall (1998)

3. Stella Stevens (2023)

Stevens’ and Hackman’s characters also die in quick succession in the film, which is likely to happen in real life to some degree.

Ernest Borgnine for deathlist 2026 then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

17 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

1. Roddy McDowall (1998)

3. Stella Stevens (2023)

Every day you set a new low bar for posting quality.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2023 at 17:30, The Daredevil said:

1. Roddy McDowall (1998)

3. Stella Stevens (2023)

12ACE12E-E612-49F6-9017-F19C2EC5CB6D.jpeg

• Shocked 1