Windsor

Norodom Sihanouk

This is my second attempt at starting a thread for this man (the first was relocated in the 'ideas and possibilities' thread).

This man is getting frailer and frailer and I feel it is time he got a thread to himself.

He suffers from Colon Cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and other illnesses. He has just turned 83 years old.

I hope that this man will be a candidate in 2006, if he can make it. His doctors have declared him too ill to travel back to Cambodia from China and his son admitted this week that his father is very ill.

I feel that he should be a definate for 2006. I am so confident he will die, I have put him as number 1 on my 2006 DDP as well as making him Joker.

Latest: Sihanouk

What do you say?

Indeed, he is near the end of his life.

I just thought I'd make this thread to save the Grim Reaper from doing it on January 1st. (I want credit for the nomination).

This being my first 1st of January at deathlist, do explain how long the transaction period from the 2005 list to 2006 takes (based on previous years).

Indeed, he is near the end of his life.

I just thought I'd make this thread to save the Grim Reaper from doing it on January 1st. (I want credit for the nomination).

This being my first 1st of January at deathlist, do explain how long the transaction period from the 2005 list to 2006 takes (based on previous years).

He is definitely a good possibility for 2006.

Regards,

ff

Who?

Quiz question, which number is the lowest:

a) number of famous Cambodians

<_< number of famous Belgians

c) number of words that can be written on the head of a pin. Using a can of spray paint.

Who?

<_< number of famous Belgians

c) number of words that can be written on the head of a pin. Using a can of spray paint.

I'll go for a)

I can only think of two Cambodians, Pol Pot and Dith Pran.

And only one Belgian, Hercule Poirot, but Agatha Christie made him up so he probably doesn't count

Herge (who wrote TinTin) was Belgian. And so is Jean Claude Van Damme I think.

Herge (who wrote TinTin) was Belgian.  And so is Jean Claude Van Damme I think.

Jean-Marc Bosman, Justine Henin-Hardenne and Kim Clijsters are all Belgian. All moderately famous, on the back pages of the newspapers anyway.

Also the Smurfs, and Adolphe Sax, of the ophone.

Belgian facts

Excellent, the results are in. As I just finished putting "I am it" on the head of a pin (using a very small can of spray paint), I can announce the lowest number is in fact famous Cambodians.

And I must confess I had to Google Dith Pran, but I guess I knew who he was, if not his name.

I had never heard of Brooke Astor before I started visiting deathlist. Or Sister Lucia.

The fact of the matter is that their deaths still count as a score for deathlist as will Sihanouk's when he dies (provided he's on the list).

as will Sihanouk's when he dies (provided he's on the list).

Sorry Windsor, he won't be. And I'd never heard of Brooke Astor or Sister Lucia either, but got out-voted by the rest of the DL committee. I really don't see that happening with Sihanouk.

But by all means, have him on your DDP team, and please be sure to mock and gloat when he does go.

Who? 

B) number of famous Belgians

c) number of words that can be written on the head of a pin.  Using a can of spray paint.

I think I may have mentioned this before Ronnie -, you need to deselect the "Enable emoticons" checkbox when posting a "smiley type string".

Unless of course it was one of the Mods who changed it to an uppercase B.

as will Sihanouk's when he dies (provided he's on the list).

Sorry Windsor, he won't be. And I'd never heard of Brooke Astor or Sister Lucia either, but got out-voted by the rest of the DL committee. I really don't see that happening with Sihanouk.

But by all means, have him on your DDP team, and please be sure to mock and gloat when he does go.

Oh poo.

Looks like I shall have to start (or at least continue) the campaign for Muhammed Zahir Shah, the former King of Afghanistan. :P

Thanks Dr. S for the tip. As a hater of smileys I was merely trying to post a lower case b with a right paranthesis next to it, but it turned into a pesky yellow blob wearing sunglasses.

And Windsor, your perseverance with nominating obscure royal figures is admirable. Maybe the committee could be persuaded to accept one of your suggestions that no one's ever heard of. But if they do your chosen one had better do the decent thing and pop his/her clogs in '06.

He's still not dead yet but is afraid to return to Cambodia.

He is now living in Korea (I've forgottten which one).

He's still not dead yet but is afraid to return to Cambodia.

He is now living in Korea (I've forgottten which one).

Accorriding to the latwest in the berraking news frim the Bankok post at Bankok post.com he is sending letters froim PyongYang in the captilo of North Korea.

I taker it his son his tstill in cahrge of things in Kampuchesa. alos knowen as Cabmbodia? or is soneone else doung the ruling now?

Hope that he livess longe nough to nake it bavk home at least one more tine befrore dying, other it would be elder abuse.

Perhaps you;d like to reword that to say of the best order.

Guest iain

is he dead yet?

is he dead yet?

I wish.

He's worth 8 points on my DDP.

is he dead yet?

I wish.

He's worth 8 points on my DDP.

It's rude to point.

Firstly, after a discussion in chat with GR & Windsor aeons ago, I mentioned I had a new Pol Pot book & would look for Glenn Ford (Yes, I mean Glenn) references. There were none, but rather bizarrely, there was one reference to Kay Kendall..... :o

Anyway, enough of this. Sihanouk's phoning up the removal men...

Not THAT kind of removal either, before anyone gets too excited....