Lady Die

DL Members' Secrets

So you'll remember

with their diminutive Garfunkel/mouthbow fella.

Met the pair of them over the years and will confess a lingering love for their music, which doesn't always extend to their old TV clips.

25.gif Come on baby, jump inside my truck 25.gif

I tried to guess the next line there, but I got it wrong ...... :skull:

So you'll remember
with their diminutive Garfunkel/mouthbow fella.

Met the pair of them over the years and will confess a lingering love for their music, which doesn't always extend to their old TV clips.

Cant believe this!

Yesterday, while posting, I had them on the Tube............

Not psychic are you Mary?

Anyway, back to the pet-burying and cardboard boxes, everyone.

Which raises the question, what ever happened with SttG and her dead lurcher problem from the summer of 2006?

Did it get resolved? There are no answers on this thread now (if there ever were) :rolleyes:

Which raises the question, what ever happened with SttG and her dead lurcher problem from the summer of 2006?

Did it get resolved? There are no answers on this thread now (if there ever were) :rolleyes:

Just to recap for those who can't be bothered reading the thread. Slave to the Grave buried her dead pet lurcher in the garden of her auntie while they were house sitting. Her auntie, who it turns out had stolen some railings from a grave to adorn a fireplace as a fireguard, moved out and new people moved in. Naturally Slave was concerned that the new people (who had become friends) might dig up her dead dog (with collar, lead and name-and-address tag attached) and come knocking on her door asking why it had been buried in their garden. Worried about this possibility, Slave was planning to enter her friends' garden clandestinely, exhume the dog, and re-inter it in her's and Dave's garden. Then she discovered the friends were moving house so thought there could be an upcoming opportunity to move the body during the change-over. But did this happen? We do not know.

Slave has been very quiet recently and several strands to this story remain unresolved or unexplained.

Why did the Graves bury their dog with his trappings (collar, lead) like some Anglo Saxon chieftain burial? Why did her aunt steal the railings from someone's grave for a fireguard? Couldn't she have bought one at Argos like everybody else? Does grave-robbing run in the family? Was the dog dug up or is it still there and are the Graves living in fear that their secret will one day be exposed in an enthusiastic gardening spree by people who have no knowledge of any Grave connection and who may wonder why the bones of a dog, unconnected with their address, should by buried there?

There may even be a dead cat there now as well as Slave confessed to a macabre plot that involved the intoxication of their friends, the sacrifice of their friends' pet cat and a potentially messy cat/dog swap that could have gone horribly wrong.

When i was a child i tried to mate a fishfinger and a donut, to make an uber food.

I like glam rock. Not just the ‘good’ glam like Bolan, the Dolls, Bowie and Slade, but the naff Chinnichap/Martin & Coulter stuff on Bell and RAK like Arrows, the Rollers, Hello, the Sweet, Kenny, Suzi Q and even, dare I admit, Gary and his Glitter Band.

Wait, there's worse. Wanting a nice little compilation, I trawled through Amazon and ended up buying this, which thankfully came wrapped in brown paper. So now, not only do I own songs by many of the above, I also have Donny Osmond's Puppy Love and Paper Lace's anti-war MOR monstrosity Billy Don't Be a Hero. I'll get help, I promise, though at least I've so far refrained from putting up the David Cassidy poster above my bed.

Cheers for that 'arry, great songs on there. I love glam rock, much to the amusement of many people I have met that were teenagers in the early '70s. I remember one girl telling me most of them thought it a joke at the time, I don't remember it that way, mind you I didn't hit my teens until 1980.

Anyway a little bit of Kenny for the uninitiated. I really loved that song, I can even remember ancient old aunties up on the dance floor at family weddings doing 'The Bump', if only we'd had video cameras back then. I always thought it odd that 'get them on the dancefloor interactive stuff like The Slosh (is that a Scottish thing only?) and The Locomotion have survived for years but The Bump died out.

So what are your views on

? I was there at the time and I don't think anyone took it too seriously. There were some great disco songs such as Silver Lining and
. The problem with Sweet and the Bay City Rollers was that every one of their songs sounded like the last one but you could also say that about Status Quo who got the vote from prog rock fans. David Bowie rose above it all by keeping fresh and bands such as T-Rex were a continual source of argument. But people fell in to various camps: Soul and Tamla Motown, glam rock (including Bowie) and progressive rock. Only the progressive rock fans took themselves seriously. I thought I was so hip with my CND pendant, tie dye tee shirt and my purple cord flairs from Littlewoods.

I thought I was so hip with my CND pendant, tie dye tee shirt and my purple cord flairs from Littlewoods.

Not loon pants?

I thought I was so hip with my CND pendant, tie dye tee shirt and my purple cord flairs from Littlewoods.

Not loon pants?

The loon pants were bright green.

I had some green loons, too. I embroidered them with those symbols from the fourth Led Zeppelin album. :rolleyes: (The only bit of sewing I've ever attempted outside school)

I was wondering why my ears were burning!!

Alas, Rodney is still underneath the shrubbery.

I once ate 2 pizzas in one night--they were only 8 slices each, extra cheese, onions and peperoni toppings.

My ears can wiggle at will.

I have only 10 fingers and 5 toes (it makes balancing the checkbook difficult so I've learned to take off my shirt and count my nipples as well)

As a child I would take several ingredients from the medicine cabinet and mix them together in my mother's drinking flask with birch beer. After sseing all the fiizziness and watching the concoction bubble over I would dump the liquid----I don't recall thugh ever washing out the flask. Mothter soon went insane (((although rumor has it, all the men in the family go insane)))

Speaking of mother--------who would have been a prime candidate for this site several years ago----------I used to have a strange captivating desire to wear her red dress. (I wonder what that was about)

Over the years I have found a simple bread and butter knife does a better job than a screwdriver for regular screws (Philips still need the other kind).

I can't stand mice.

I despise bugs of all sorts.

My cellphone is currently on and playing the recorded message at HBO. They have a new voice there.

My left ear is crooked bt has better hearing ability than the right.

I once ate 2 pizzas in one night--they were only 8 slices each, extra cheese, onions and peperoni toppings.

My ears can wiggle at will.

I have only 10 fingers and 5 toes (it makes balancing the checkbook difficult so I've learned to take off my shirt and count my nipples as well)

As a child I would take several ingredients from the medicine cabinet and mix them together in my mother's drinking flask with birch beer. After sseing all the fiizziness and watching the concoction bubble over I would dump the liquid----I don't recall thugh ever washing out the flask. Mothter soon went insane (((although rumor has it, all the men in the family go insane)))

Speaking of mother--------who would have been a prime candidate for this site several years ago----------I used to have a strange captivating desire to wear her red dress. (I wonder what that was about)

Over the years I have found a simple bread and butter knife does a better job than a screwdriver for regular screws (Philips still need the other kind).

I can't stand mice.

I despise bugs of all sorts.

My cellphone is currently on and playing the recorded message at HBO. They have a new voice there.

My left ear is crooked bt has better hearing ability than the right.

Thanks for the info.

My secret is that I'm an incurable gossip. :sick:

I'm borderline dyslexic, hence my intense distaste of the "sorry im dislexic" argument used by various posters as an excuse for a low IQ, minimal attention span and mental retardation.

I'm borderline dyslexic, hence my intense distaste of the "sorry im dislexic" argument used by various posters as an excuse for a low IQ, minimal attention span and mental retardation.

That makes us soulmates honez. I'm about the same, always found writing and spelling tough so have little time for lazy bastards who won't make the effort to get things right.

That makes us soulmates honez. I'm about the same, always found writing and spelling tough so have little time for lazy bastards who won't make the effort to get things right.

I've struggled with it for years Godot, and as a result or unexpected benefit, I'm adept at anagramming and I find spoonerisms most amusing. General wordplay is one of my things, which in an ironic way, is a kind of a Stockholm Syndrome, growing to love your enemy.

I'm in the same boat, reading, writing, spelling, differentiating between left and right all stuffed up, but I have never used it as an excuse.

I'm in the same boat, reading, writing, spelling, differentiating between left and right all stuffed up, but I have never used it as an excuse.

I'm also in the same boat. I was diagnosed as dyslexic by an independent assessor when I was 17 but the school decided that because I could spell "catastrophe" and because I was studying langauges then I couldn't possibly be dyslexic so I'm not sure if I am or not. My spelling is fair, it's certainly better than most of my colleagues' spelling but I do have issues with punctuation and left/right differentiation, I also struggle to tell the time. I could have milked the system and got all sorts of extra help but I didn't so I have little time for the "sorry i' dislexic innit" crew. This isn't much of a secret though, so I'm going to finally admit something I haven't ever told anyone before - I'm scared of eyes.

I'm also in the same boat. I was diagnosed as dyslexic by an independent assessor when I was 17 but the school decided that because I could spell "catastrophe" and because I was studying langauges then I couldn't possibly be dyslexic so I'm not sure if I am or not. My spelling is fair, it's certainly better than most of my colleagues' spelling but I do have issues with punctuation and left/right differentiation, I also struggle to tell the time. I could have milked the system and got all sorts of extra help but I didn't so I have little time for the "sorry i' dislexic innit" crew. This isn't much of a secret though, so I'm going to finally admit something I haven't ever told anyone before - I'm scared of eyes.

Not suited to careers in embroidery or potato farming then, H.

How the f'uck am I the quoted source for this self-absorbed string of nothingness???? Nice one, Honez.....

There are degrees of difference.....what's classed as dyslexic in the UK is "sharply-crafted writing" in the USA.

How the f'uck am I the quoted source for this self-absorbed string of nothingness???? Nice one, Honez.....

There are degrees of difference.....what's classed as dyslexic in the UK is "sharply-crafted writing" in the USA.

LOL. Just giving you something to gossip about T.

I don't like cats. They are too sly and quick. I especially hate it when they are sitting on a wall at head height. I fear they may leap onto my head and start clawing out my eyes.

I think it all stems from an incident which occured at my Auntie Muriel's house when I was little. Her cat was a nutter. On one occassion it tried to claw me for no apparent reason. It missed me but its claws got caught in the sleeve of my home-made knitted jumper. I was left howling, and the sleeve of my jumper was rather stretched.

Thats why I'll never trust another cat again.

[Please post your pussy jokes here] :sick:

What's your source for this Terminator?

What's your source for this Terminator?

May be this?

Personally I can't bear Frogs or Toads. (How do you tell the difference? Who cares?) During wet weather some gather near our back door and on occasion I have trapped them in the door, squashed..... ugh!

False teeth. I feel physically sick if I see somebody with false munchers.