Lady Die

DL Members' Secrets

At the Game Fair I went to a stand where a company makes nothing but boxes - http://www.solentplastics.co.uk - but all plastic. I prefer cardboard boxes.

If only I had known- we could have met up and 'arched' some arrows together or discussed the price of Wellington boots.

We could even have discussed which game compliments gravy the best; rabbit or run over pheasant- such was our close proximity at that point where you were skulking around trying to feed your box frenzy.

Darn it. Yet another potentially magnificent drinking session that never occurred.

Box alert.

Just been down to my local Waitrose after a programme to extend it and the little fenced off bit where they used to chuck the boxes has been removed. Not one box anywhere. Had to come out without one and with all my purchases in bags.

At the Game Fair I went to a stand where a company makes nothing but boxes - http://www.solentplastics.co.uk - but all plastic. I prefer cardboard boxes.

The man who runs it says he knows a lot of people that are "in to" boxes, not uncommon apparently. So I need to find a therapy group - boxaholics anonymous.

Big Yellow Storage sells cardboard boxes in various sizes. Hope that helps. <_<

I couldn't possibly buy a cardboard box. Part of the attraction is that they are free, probably one of the greatest discarded items there is to be found anywhere. Although I did once tarmac my drive with left over council tarmac dumped at the tip (I used to hang around council tips until they stopped people doing that for some unknown reason). I also got some great edging stones from the same source.

If only I had known- we could have met up and 'arched' some arrows together or discussed the price of Wellington boots.

We could even have discussed which game compliments gravy the best; rabbit or run over pheasant- such was our close proximity at that point where you were skulking around trying to feed your box frenzy.

Darn it. Yet another potentially magnificent drinking session that never occurred.

We may have crossed like ships in the night. Imagine the conversations we could have had: The lure of Sparks, gnome sex, Dickie O, Mollie, hunting....but it might not have been the same. The magic might have been ruined by a face-to-face encounter. Next year I will wear a Bisto badge.

Have been out and about today with nothing much to think about so please excuse the three posts in a row. But Madame Defarge and Tony Blair have got me thinking. I am not left brained. Far to the right in fact which is why I'm awestruck (and appalled at the same time) at the efforts of OoO and Rotten Ali (both strong left brainers).

The box fetish I'm thinking could be related to some deep psychological need for order but since the deathlist is the nearest I get to an analyst I don't know. Maybe it is related to what Blair has been saying about cross dressing (in politics). I can't handle lists or walls or institutions or boxes for that matter. The boxes I collect are usually left empty - things of beauty to admire (apart from those in which I store other boxes). I love their straight lines and slender lids, particularly the way you can overlap them to secure the box. I like the corrugated cardboard between the coatings that lends them rigidity and I'm full of admiration for that pale brown colour. Like eggs, I prefer my boxes brown. But once they get creased or torn or warn I don't want to know. I like opening boxes too, particularly when the glue parts crisply without a tare. I have a box on my desk right now, just sitting there alluringly. I've opend and closed it a couple of times and all is well with the world. So the boxes for me, I think, are a kind of left-brained cross-dressing - a secret retained in the privacy of my home and the Deathlist.

Have been out and about today with nothing much to think about so please excuse the three posts in a row. But Madame Defarge and Tony Blair have got me thinking. I am not left brained. Far to the right in fact which is why I'm awestruck (and appalled at the same time) at the efforts of OoO and Rotten Ali (both strong left brainers).

The box fetish I'm thinking could be related to some deep psychological need for order but since the deathlist is the nearest I get to an analyst I don't know. Maybe it is related to what Blair has been saying about cross dressing (in politics). I can't handle lists or walls or institutions or boxes for that matter. The boxes I collect are usually left empty - things of beauty to admire (apart from those in which I store other boxes). I love their straight lines and slender lids, particularly the way you can overlap them to secure the box. I like the corrugated cardboard between the coatings that lends them rigidity and I'm full of admiration for that pale brown colour. Like eggs, I prefer my boxes brown. But once they get creased or torn or warn I don't want to know. I like opening boxes too, particularly when the glue parts crisply without a tare. I have a box on my desk right now, just sitting there alluringly. I've opend and closed it a couple of times and all is well with the world. So the boxes for me, I think, are a kind of left-brained cross-dressing - a secret retained in the privacy of my home and the Deathlist.

:) I'm so sorry Godot, I meant to say you were right brained and for that I deserve

to be in the same sentence as Tony Blair(I think). I'm right - brained too and in my case this

manifests itself in a complete lack of a sense of direction and an inability to master the multiplication

table. I got my right and left confused. I don't collect boxes.To crossdress, I collect maps and

calculators. Oh, and I went to a Halloween party once dressed as Boy George.

I just learned I do not own a cemetery plot.

Is that you Uncle Graham? :)

:P

Is that you Uncle Graham? :)

:P

Well there you are Widsonr! You undoubtedly indubitably insdisputabely know that there aRE THOse who believe I am crackers,

Day 12 and I found a dollar in my shower

I must confess. I sometimes sit in trees for hours and shoot deer or bears that pass by.

I must confess. I sometimes sit in trees for hours and shoot deer or bears that pass by.

At least you're not up a tree sinking beers and shooting old dears.

I'm wondering are deathlisters more likely to get injured/ill on average that other people? Has it something to do with an interest in the so nearly departed?

That doesn't seem strange to me Deadsox. We Brits assume that ALL American males sit around shooting mammals.

Guest Guest

That doesn't seem strange to me Deadsox. We Brits assume that ALL American males sit around shooting mammals.

Your assumption is incorrect. Far too many Americans have lost sight of their heritage and think that meat comes wrapped in plastic.

Instead of the deer and bears couldn't you instead shoot the mammals who currently make up your political administration. A far more challenging and useful hobby.

Instead of the deer and bears couldn't you instead shoot the mammals who currently make up your political administration. A far more challenging and useful hobby.

None of them have come by and the Democrats are even worse anyway.

Well you could always give a monarchy a try, we've got plenty of spare ones you could have cheap.

Hmmmm... I went hunting this morning, got several nice drakes and a goose who must've been feeding on rice for a month, he's that fat. Kept waiting for Dick Cheney to fly by, but no luck.

Well you could always give a monarchy a try, we've got plenty of spare ones you could have cheap.

Thanks TF but our papparazzi are already too busy with Michael Jackson, Brangelina, etc. We'd have to add about four or five new tabloids if we had a monarchy.

Thanks TF but our papparazzi are already too busy with Michael Jackson, Brangelina, etc. We'd have to add about four or five new tabloids if we had a monarchy.

If you had a monarchy you wouldn't need the likes of Jackson and Brangelina (?). A monarchy gives a nation gravitas and an enduring legacy.

You could have Prince Harry, OK he's a ginger with a penchant for Nazi uniforms, but think of the entertainment value he offers. Just give him a palace and a nice income and he'll do whatever you require, cheaper than a Presidency and no bothersome elections.

Monarchy, you know it makes sense.

If you had a monarchy you wouldn't need the likes of Jackson and Brangelina (?). A monarchy gives a nation gravitas and an enduring legacy.

You could have Prince Harry, OK he's a ginger with a penchant for Nazi uniforms, but think of the entertainment value he offers. Just give him a palace and a nice income and he'll do whatever you require, cheaper than a Presidency and no bothersome elections.

As long as they have enough eggs.

We can enjoy yours from afar, and I like elections. We can get rid of bozos and even if we keep electing them they can't stay more than eight years.

We can enjoy yours from afar, and I like elections.

I feel the same way about your President's clownish actions.

Unfortunately his foreign policy seems to have contaminated ours. We're trying to cut out the source of that infection, a nasty little organism called Blair. Though it's proving very resilient.

We can enjoy yours from afar, and I like elections.

I feel the same way about your President's clownish actions.

Unfortunately his foreign policy seems to have contaminated ours. We're trying to cut out the source of that infection, a nasty little organism called Blair. Though it's proving very resilient.

Patience, Tempus old boy. They'll both be gone soon and we can elect two different ones. There's even the possibility of getting someone good!

Another place for your secrets

I thought there must be many a dark secret lurking within the collective membership of Deathlist, and I'm sure that many of you would welcome the opportunity to ease your troubled minds by sharing them here.

I would like to get the ball rolling with a revelation that will no doubt shock and disgust many of the UK based Deathlisters:

I have been known, on several occasions, to laugh at dinnerladies.

Please try not to think any less of me as a person as a result of this, and I hope that by starting this topic off on such a low note, it will encourage others to add their confessions. Well, it can't get any worse.

Can it?

[Topics merged - ff]

Edited by football_fan