Charley Farley

Treasonable Politicians

I can't believe I've read a DL thread and ended up agreeing with Josco so readily - I'll never live it down........

Come over to the dark side.

Still no numbers TF let me help you with that, there is upon average still 60 odd people dying daily by whatever means which is far too much but its a lot less than it would have been if SH was still in power - do you think that without UK/US input Saddam would have left I'm not sure he would have and possibly he would still be in post.

There are still troops identifying mass graves.

There is absolutely no chance of reprieve for him I understand and he will be executed!

Documentation shows that he was ruthless to his people, his staff and his family operating upon the old roman Decimation philosophy which demonstrated to all that he would not bugger about!

There is absolutely no chance of reprieve for him I understand and he will be executed!

I very much hope Saddam is executed, but make it next year, then hopefully Saddam will be a DeathList success.

He would be a great addition to a future list but usually

when one is granted a death penalty it make take years

before it is finally put to use. :old:

I very much hope Saddam is executed, but make it next year, then hopefully Saddam will be a DeathList success.

before it is finally put to use. :old:

You make it sound like planning permission Banshees.

before it is finally put to use. ;)

You make it sound like planning permission Banshees.

Banshees, it might take years in the USA for a death sentence to be passed,

but I'm betting that things in Iraq will be far more swift.

No more than 2 months from sentence to execution is my estimate.

Can't say i'm aware of how they run things in Iraq.

Though if you are correct about the 2 months

waiting time it will be the first execution in

DL history.

It would be rather strange in my opinion. I could sit back

in my chair and say yes we will definitly have a deathlist

success tommorow. :old:

Guest Guest_VileBody

Sorry guys - have been a bit mad for last few weeks - lost job etc -can't sign on from home PC for some reason - can someone in the "system" send me log on details as tehy were all saved on work PC and can't remeber the passwords !

Sorry guys - have been a bit mad for last few weeks - lost job etc -can't sign on from home PC for some reason - can someone in the "system" send me log on details as tehy were all saved on work PC and can't remeber the passwords !

Hmmm. How do we know you're the real Vilebody and not a spy from The Royal Forums? :old:

Guest Guest_VileBody

BTW for what it's worth my take on the vote was that the police have now been stuffed into a straitjacket that they can't enforce the law in a "common sense way" (ie making sure a geniune suspect coughs in a a couple of days) and being held up to blame by the politicoes if an attack happens and they don't prevent it - so what do you do? Ask for a ridulous 90 days to show how stupid the situation has become and get into a no lose position the next time these bastards blow a tube up.

What a disgrace.

From sublime to ridiculous, last Saturday we took the kids up to Blackheath for the fireworks and as the display ended a group of 20 odd black kids in the hoody uniform started throwing fireworks into the crowd. No police assisted because (and I asked them quite forcefully...) there was a "major safety concern" about directing buses around the crowd....

Guest Guest_VileBody

Hmmm. How do we know you're the real Vilebody and not a spy from The Royal Forums? :old:

Touche! But only I know the truth about Milord Stevas and Her Maj the Q....

The latest from my source is that she has the royal bottom bleached for his consumption....

BTW for what it's worth my take on the vote was that the police have now been stuffed into a straitjacket that they can't enforce the law in a "common sense way" (ie making sure a geniune suspect coughs in a a couple of days) and being held up to blame by the politicoes if an attack happens and they don't prevent it - so what do you do? Ask for a ridulous 90 days to show how stupid the situation has become and get into a no lose position the next time these bastards blow a tube up.

What a disgrace.

From sublime to ridiculous, last Saturday we took the kids up to Blackheath for the fireworks and as the display ended a group of 20 odd black kids in the hoody uniform started throwing fireworks into the crowd. No police assisted because (and I asked them quite forcefully...) there was a "major safety concern" about directing buses around the crowd....

Yep, you're Vilebody. :old:

If your not doing anything wrong then the threat of an up to 90 day detention should not concern you too much.

That old chestnut again ...

" If you're perfectly innocent, what have you to fear from internment/ID cards/anti-whatever laws/police with guns"

Hmmm, the last one rings a bell ...

I rest my case.

"It is a paradox that every dictator has climbed to power on the ladder of free speech. Immediately on attaining power each dictator has suppressed all free speech except his own."

"Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die."

"When there is a lack of honor in government, the morals of the whole people are poisoned."

Herbert Hoover (American President, 1874-1964)

"Without free speech no search for truth is possible... no discovery of truth is useful... Better a thousandfold abuse of free speech than denial of free speech. The abuse dies in a day, but the denial slays the life of the people, and entombs the hope of the race."

Charles BRADLAUGH, British social reformer (1833-1891)

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Salman RUSHDIE, Indian-born British novelist (1947-)

"The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism."

Wole SOYINKA, Nigerian playwright, poet, novelist, and political activist (1934-)

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."

Clarence Darrow

"When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered."

"It is not the fact of liberty but the way in which liberty is exercised that ultimately determines whether liberty itself survives."

Dorothy Thompson

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Edward R. Murrow

"The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak, is to support the rights of people you don't agree with."

Eleanor Holmes Norton

"The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the government."

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"I believe that liberty is the only genuinely valuable thing that men have invented, at least in the field of government, in a thousand years. I believe that it is better to be free than to be not free, even when the former is dangerous and the latter safe. I believe that the finest qualities of man can flourish only in free air – that progress made under the shadow of the policeman's club is false progress, and of no permanent value. I believe that any man who takes the liberty of another into his keeping is bound to become a tyrant, and that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave."

H. L. Mencken

"If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise we do not believe in it at all."

Noam Chomsky

"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men."

Voltaire

"Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all."

John W. Gardner:

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

Albert Einstein

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

C. S. Lewis

"There is one safeguard known generally to the wise, which is an advantage and security to all, but especially to democracies as against despots. What is it? Distrust."

Demosthenes

"Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve."

George Bernard Shaw

"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Hermann Goering

"The spirit of democracy cannot be established in the midst of terrorism, whether governmental or popular."

Mohandas K. Gandhi

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment."

Robert M. Hutchins

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."

Harry S Truman

Thanks for that Yeti, I prefer the Vic Reeves adage that 88% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Im sort of guessing that you have a lot of free time!

"The greatest friend of truth is Time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion is Humility."

Colton, Charles Caleb, 1780-1832 British Sportsman Writer

"Time is precious, but truth is more precious than time."

Disraeli, Benjamin, 1804-1881 British Prime Minister

"Truth is the daughter of time."

Proverb

Another blow struck for common sense, the MPS who failed to support the 90 day motion need to be identified as Treasonable and a few centuries they would have had, and equally would have been dealt with accordingly.

The British couple were held in Iran for 13 days then released. Even in backwards Iran they can decide who warrants charging in under a fortnight... :)

Tony just wants to spend some money on a fancy detention centre... like the Yanks have in Cuba. :blink:

Of course you do all realize none of this has answered my question.

Of course you do all realize none of this has answered my question.

Is that a question?

If it is, then one of these - ? is required.

If it is not, then it is a false statement. :lol:

I had no idea that none of that had answered your question and I am truly sorry that you may have been disappointed. :(:(

Do you plan to let us know when your question has been answered? I'm sure that many of us would like to know and to share your joy when that time comes. :)

I think that what gets a lot of people's goat is that the Prime Minister duped parliament into approving the war on the basis of the existence of weapons of mass destruction, and the threat that they posed to us in the West. Nothing to do with the nastiness of the regime.

The US were upset that terrorists attacked on US soil, those terrorists were Moslems, so their response was to attack Moslem countries. We were just taken along for the ride, to keep our 'special relationship' with the USA. There are countries around with human rights records at least as bad as Saddam-era Iraq, but we haven't invaded those on the coat-tails of the US have we?

Not least of which is Zimbabwe, which was my home for 16 years. But they don't have anything like massive oil reserves for us to use. Or is that just being cycnical? :lol:

Never been accused of being a lily white liberal and not ready to start now, Sometimes you have to stand up and be counted for the small person, I'm happy that we have the involvement that we do, this is what our troops are trained for, let me do the maths is it worthwhile losing 400 people a day or the brave boys and girls who offer theri lives, so that these 400 a day can survive - yeah done that one sum and consider risk worh it, these boys and girls are my brothers and sisters and they know whats in it for them often a meet with the Grim Reaper I salute every last one of them for making the streets of Iraq and the Uk that teeny little bit safer.

I supose you'd be happy to sit in a jail for 3 months while they found out that oops we made a mistake and you're innocent. Never mind your lost job, house, friends. Not to mention the 'there's no smoke without fire' reaction. This government tries to hide too much and explain too little.