Charley Farley

Treasonable Politicians

Ravenstorm please take a breath, I am sorry you do not share my view, I still feel that it was a win win for the safety of the British public, as a law abiding pro Britain resident I shant worry about the prospect of 90 days in Gaol, losing my job and friends etc as I am not a risk, however those bastards who are a risk need looking at in close detail, are you a risk Ravenstorm do you think.....perhaps your worriied about the 90 days from your own personal perspective!

Ravenstorm please take a breath, I am sorry you do not share my view, I still feel that it was a win win for the safety of the British public, as a law abiding pro Britain resident I shant worry about the prospect of 90 days in Gaol, losing my job and friends etc as I am not a risk, however those bastards who are a risk need looking at in close detail, are you a risk Ravenstorm do you think.....perhaps your worriied about the 90 days from your own personal perspective!

Do I understand you correctly CF? :)

You seem to be saying that you would not mind losing your job and your friends and spending up to 90 days in gaol because you are not a terrorist. :(

Or do you just trust the police completely. If they're that good, why do they think they need 90 days with no evidence?

How would you feel if you found yourself under suspicion (mistakenly) and therefore under arrest?

:lol:

It's all rather academic now, as for good or ill, our elected representatives have decided on 28 days. They were unconvinced by the case of the executive.

That's how a democracy works, if Tony Blair doesn't like the result, tough luck.

I'm sure the Prime Minister believes he is right on this issue, but he always seems to believe that.

If a Government is unable to convince the legislature of its case, then that is their failure and not the legislature's.

I couldn't agree more. There should be limits on freedom. :(

There should be limits on freedom. ;)

Unfortunately, that is true.

But there must be very closely monitored limits on those who are given the power to take our freedom. :(

free·dom ( P ) Pronunciation Key (frdm)

n.

The condition of being free of restraints.

re·straint ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-strnt)

n.

The act of restraining or the condition of being restrained.

Loss or abridgment of freedom.

An influence that inhibits or restrains; a limitation.

Oxymoron, anyone?

Just sayin'...

free·dom    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (frdm)

n.

re·straint    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (r-strnt)

n.

Oxymoron, anyone?

Just sayin'...

That would be oxmrn, then? :(

free·dom    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (frdm)

n.

re·straint    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (r-strnt)

n.

Oxymoron, anyone?

Circular definition, rather. Quite normal in dictionaries. I prefer recursive definitions:

Recursion: see recursion.

regards,

Hein

The answer is yes I would run that risk however the deterrent of 90 days would make me even more determined not to cause problems, 28 days i could have that as leave paid or unpaid.

Academic now!!

I was wondering if any other Deathlisters at any time in their lives have acted in such a way as to have made them potentially liable to 90 days detention under the mooted anti-terrorism measures.

Carrying a shotgun case down The Mall on the night before The Queens' recent jubilee was my last effort, although there have been others.

I am a decent member of society Mr Farley, would you really want to see me clapped in irons for 3 months?

I am a decent member of society Mr Farley, would you really want to see me clapped in irons for 3 months?

Well I suppose he might, if he were a bondage fetishist.

:(

Carrying a shotgun case down The Mall on the night before The Queens' recent jubilee was my last effort, although there have been others.

Given that you can be shot by the police for carrying a table leg nowadays ...

I was wondering if any other Deathlisters at any time in their lives have acted in such a way as to have made them potentially liable to 90 days detention under the mooted anti-terrorism measures.

Does throwing molotov cocktails to the riot police count?

You had a violin in that case, didn't you?

regards,

Hein

By crackey, this home hubbie thing makes you race to catch up on the DL issues of the moment. In fact I'm so absorbed with thinkinh must stop drinking and get ready for the school run run I can't think of ought relevant to contribute - but see above about 10 pages ago. (a do run run...)

Well I suppose he might, if he were a bondage fetishist.

:(

fetishist - I don't find any comedy in the idea. This i

had to exsplain to AJS who apparently enjoys this

as a hobbie. ;)

Do I understand you correctly CF? :blink:

You seem to be saying that you would not mind losing your job and your friends and spending up to 90 days in gaol because you are not a terrorist. :huh:

Or do you just trust the police completely. If they're that good, why do they think they need 90 days with no evidence?

How would you feel if you found yourself under suspicion (mistakenly) and therefore under arrest?

;)

That is my point exactly. British Justice is full of miscarriages due to fabricated evidence, mistakem identity etc.I do appreciate the need for protection, but its somewhat worrying how often they get it wrong. :skull:

Guest Guest

I think that CF is saying that law abiding citizens who are pulled over would be out within the 90 day period, however any raging terrorists can be held for up to 90 days whilst the cctv tapes can be analysed, and members of the cell and the arms traced and known movements, contact etc found, sounds reasonable to me, more power to you Charley, let the lily livered liberals argue over losing their jobs and friends,quite possibly they dont have any anyway.

Does throwing molotov cocktails to the riot police count?

regards,

Hein

Far stranger...

musicalsaw.jpg

Far stranger...
The horror...

That forms a direct threat to monarchy, democracy and public safety. You ought to be locked up for far longer than 90 days. ;)

regards,

Hein

I think that CF is saying that law abiding citizens who are pulled over would be out within the 90 day period, however any raging terrorists can be held for up to 90 days whilst the cctv tapes can be analysed, and members of the cell and the arms traced and known movements, contact etc found, sounds reasonable to me, more power to you Charley, let the lily livered liberals argue over losing their jobs and friends,quite possibly they dont have any anyway.

I think they should up it to 6 months just to be sure...

Perhaps those MPs who voted for the 90 day period should be put in goal for 90 days without trial, just to give them the experience they wish on innocent (at least in principle) people.

The fact is that legislation cannot remove the risk of a terrorist attack. What we need to fight terrorism isn't more power for the police. We need better police and better politicians. I'm not hopeful.

regards,

Hein

Perhaps those MPs who voted for the 90 day period should be put in goal for 90 days without trial, just to give them the experience they wish on innocent (at least in principle) people.

The fact is that legislation cannot remove the risk of a terrorist attack.  What we need to fight terrorism isn't more power for the police. We need better police and better politicians. I'm not hopeful.

regards,

Hein

C'mon Hein you'll be telling us that ID Cards won't prevent terrorism either... I mean with all those statistics stored on a national database surely we can't be defeated in the war on terrorism? Terrorists never carry ID cards.

I'm sure they won't outsource the data to an Indian call centre either... after all we've done nothing wrong we've got nothing to fear... ;)