Sign in to follow this  
weasel

Paul Harvey - Commentator

Anyone heard Paul Harvey lately? His voice isn't sounding too good. He might be a choice for the 2006 list, providing he is popular enough outside of USA.

Popular outside the U.S.A? What are you on? I'm in the U.S.A and dont really know who he might be.

I've never heard of him either, but I assume it's this fella.

And if he really "isn't sounding good", his career prospects must be in doubt. :)

Paul Harvey is an American radio commentator who does a weekday radio segment that is internationally simulcasted. It is a 5 minute monologue consisting of a factual story where the main character is a famous person or celebrity, but he does not reveal who it is until the end. The fun part of listening to it is guessing who he is talking about before he reveals the person's name.

He always ends his monologue with these words, "And now you know the rest of the story."

Paul Harvey

Hey football fan, don't forget, "Goooood Day!"

He sure comes up with some interesting stories. I have heard him since I was small (many years ago).

Other people here should search for him on internet.

He sure comes up with some interesting stories.

I tell amusing stories as well - Which tommorow i will have

to explain to everyone why i posted nearly 30 times in 2 hours. :lol:

He sure comes up with some interesting stories.

I tell amusing stories as well - Which tommorow i will have

to explain to everyone why i posted nearly 30 times in 2 hours. :lol:

None of which added anything to the site...

That's a good few minutes of my life which I won't get back. I knew it would be tedious when I saw that BS was the last poster on about 20 threads...

He received some sort of award called the presidential medal of honor a week ago, President Bush was at the ceremony and made a speech about him. Perhaps they are giving him the award at this point because he might be going shortly?

Paul Harvey Recieves Medal of Honor

That's a good few minutes of my life which I won't get back.  I knew it would be tedious when I saw that BS was the last poster on about 20 threads...

So what are you saying Bald Rick?

That i waste your time? I don't think you have the

privilege to say that - because clearly with only

111 posts you have no say. :rolleyes:

Once you make another let's say 964 posts then

you can say that. :dead3:

That's a good few minutes of my life which I won't get back.  I knew it would be tedious when I saw that BS was the last poster on about 20 threads...

During filming of the classic Witchfinder General Michael Reeves, the 25 year-old director and Vincent Price, the veteran star had a disagreement, leading to this exchange,

Price:"I have made over 70 films, what have you done?"

Reeves: "I have made three good ones".

Quality, not quantity BS.

During filming of the classic Witchfinder General Michael Reeves, the 25 year-old director and Vincent Price, the veteran star had a disagreement, leading to this exchange,

Price:"I have made over 70 films, what have you done?"

Reeves: "I have made three good ones".

Thanks for backing me up, jackal-headed, chimp-faced moderator-god-person.

Absolutely 100 percent correct! Great statement Anubis

Although i feel my posts are much much more greater

then perhaps Bald Rick's? :(

Quality, not quantity

I really do not understand why this phrases is so often used.

What does it matter?

What the hell is classes as a quality post anyway?

Quality, not quantity

What does it matter?

Quality not Quanity ~

Simply it's better to have 5 good posts that are detailed

and that have meaning then 10 with just rants and smiley

faces. :(

It makes perfect sense, but relating to me and Bald Rick..

Not to put him down..

Even though he put me down..

I'm surely the greater poster/

Simply it's better to have 5 good posts that are detailed

and that have meaning then 10 with just rants and smiley

faces. :P

Yes, but in all fairness this is only a forum.

Its not a bloody learned Journal. :(

(Evidently).

Quality, not quantity

What does it matter?

Let us take two posts at random...

This one

QUOTE (Josco @ Nov 10 2005, 08:38 AM)

There are many different conventional religions, but Science can surely be the only true religion as it can prove facts.  (2+2=4) must be the same throughout the entire universe, the structure of hydrogen etc., must be the same everywhere.

Au contraire monsieur Josco.

Religions die out if everyone stops believing in them. Many ancient cultures had complicated multi-deity religious systems, many of which are now regarded as an archaeological curiosity, as there are no longer any priests to defend the beliefs, or believers to sustain the myth. Science is not a belief system, it persists even if no one believes in it. 2 + 2 will always = 4, whether there is anyone around to believe it or not.

and this one

So technically that makes Elspeth and me even.

I went to the Royal Forums to wind her up, and it is fairly obvious that her origninal ontension here was to wind me up.

Trying to get threads back on topic: Paul Harvey, what do we think? Let's hear some arguments, because I don't have much to say about him, aside from the fact that I was surprised to find out last year that he was still alive. Doesn't necessairily make him a good candidate, but does anyone have any solid information?

Trying to get threads back on topic: Paul Harvey, what do we think? Let's hear some arguments, because I don't have much to say about him, aside from the fact that I was surprised to find out last year that he was still alive. Doesn't necessairily make him a good candidate, but does anyone have any solid information?

Disney/ABC radio personality Paul Harvey, one of the most widely listened to commentators in the United States, presented his listeners on June 23 with an endorsement of genocide and racism that would have been right at home on a white supremacist shortwave broadcast.

Harvey's commentary began by lamenting the decline of American wartime aggression. "We're standing there dying, daring to do nothing decisive because we've declared ourselves to be better than our terrorist enemies--more moral, more civilized," he said. Drawing a contrast with what he cast as the praiseworthy nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II, Harvey lamented that "we sent men with rifles into Afghanistan and Iraq and kept our best weapons in their silos"--suggesting that America should have used its nuclear arsenal in its invasions of both countries.

Harvey concluded:

"We didn't come this far because we're made of sugar candy. Once upon a time, we elbowed our way onto and across this continent by giving smallpox- infected blankets to Native Americans. That was biological warfare. And we used every other weapon we could get our hands on to grab this land from whomever. "And we grew prosperous. And yes, we greased the skids with the sweat of slaves. So it goes with most great nation-states, which--feeling guilty about their savage pasts--eventually civilize themselves out of business and wind up invaded and ultimately dominated by the lean, hungry up-and-coming who are not made of sugar candy."

According to these comments Harvey sounds a bit of a fascist.

He also recently signed a $100 million 10 year contract with ABC radio networks,

so is unlikely to die anytime soon.

Guest Captain Quahog

When are they going to get rid of Paul Harvey with his tedious and pointless "rest of the story" blurb-casts? Looked a couple of years ago as if he was about to croak and do his big commentary in the sky. He improved! Tough old midwest dude who’ll probably last another 20-years.

Long ago, it was time for the networks to dump this guy as a feature segment. How many decades more do we need to hear Harvey with his contrived voice inflections squawk at us about George Washington's wooden teeth offered as a punch line to another tired cliché story? It's gotten to the point now that I simply turn off the radio as soon as his annoying cackling voice hits my ears. Can’t stand this guy anymore. First heard Harvey decades ago when there were few conservative leaning commentators on radio. His tongue in cheek manner with related stories seemed then to be a good alternative. By now, this material is exceptionally old and truly monotonous. Please, Mister Harvey, take the pension. Go away! Enough is enough!