maryportfuncity

Gerry Adams & Martin McGuinness

A terrorist is someone who uses terrorism in the pursuit political aims.

A freedom fighter someone involved in a resistance movement

Politicians are active in party politics or are running or holding office.

There, all defined.

For extra marks represent this using a Venn diagram.

• Like 1

DUP election bus has been painted

rQl8wPnYE4xnuJfbjsffjo2erkC0042fCFie91mr

Shame her school bus hadn't a more successful painting.

Cow.

I think this quote from Gerry Adams tells us nothing, but gives away almost everything. "Hopefully" and "pray" (both uttered twice) being the key words.

"He's very resilient, he's getting the very very best of medical treatment, so hopefully - and if people pray, they should pray - hopefully he will be back to himself before too long."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38576702

I hope we get to find out McGuinness' diagnosis. He sounds very like someone with heart problems and looks like someone with cancer, which could mean he has neither, but something just as fatal....

I found his presentation fascinating tbh.

• Like 1

I think this quote from Gerry Adams tells us nothing, but gives away almost everything. "Hopefully" and "pray" (both uttered twice) being the key words.

"He's very resilient, he's getting the very very best of medical treatment, so hopefully - and if people pray, they should pray - hopefully he will be back to himself before too long."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38576702

I hope we get to find out McGuinness' diagnosis. He sounds very like someone with heart problems and looks like someone with cancer, which could mean he has neither, but something just as fatal....

Oh I am praying for Martin right now just not in the way Gerry wants!

• Like 2

"He's very resilient, he's getting the very very best of medical treatment, so hopefully - and if people pray, they should pray - hopefully he will be back to himself before too long."http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38576702

pancreatic cancer strikes again maybe?

Here's a link that works because the above one was taken down I think.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/martin-mcguinness-receiving-treatment-for-amyloidosis-1.2933722#.WHfH48Qa0NI.twitter

Well, well, well.... never heard of it. Either way, I think he's got an extreme case and still confident he won't last long like that.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/martin-mcguinness-receiving-treatment-for-amyloidosis-1.2933722#.WHfH48Qa0NI.twitter

Well, well, well.... never heard of it. Either way, I think he's got an extreme case and still confident he won't last long like that.

Michael York (Austin Powers, Cabaret) has had it for years. Still with us, though.

Michael York (Austin Powers, Cabaret) has had it for years. Still with us, though.

Gino Odjick, too.

On the other hand you have Jānis Vaišļa, who I had on my Deathrace team last year. Started feeling unwell in the summer of 2015, received diagnosis in December, died during the first half of January. McGuinness might as well be dead in a month.

Bugger! Too late.

Martin McGuinness quits politics to recover from 'very serious illness'.

A goner by April. Could have topped the Drop 40 if he'd come clean a few weeks earlier.

• Like 1

A goner by April. Could have topped the Drop 40 if he'd come clean a few weeks earlier.

Ill, lives in Belfast and now has to watch Arsenal!

Think he could be first name on many people's lists in 2018. If he was terminal and only had a few months left I don't think fighting or recover would be mentioned . Though if he has the rumoured Amyloidosis and not the ATTR version he has 26 months max left to live.

Aye but when you see such posts now you don't feel a total sinking feeling - The Deathrace Cup awaits McGuinness

Ill, lives in Belfast and now has to watch Arsenal!

This reminds me of a forum I used to be on ages ago. 7/7 to be precise, and a thread was started with a "oh shit London's under attack" message and obviously continued into the play-by-play account of the terror atrocities of the day. A large number of the forum's users were London-based, and people were desperately waiting for everyone to check in safely. One poster did, but their partner didn't. 11am rolls around, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm.... still no sign of them. The boyfriend posts "she took her Arsenal scarf to work with her today...", to which someone else responded "let's hope she's a gooner not a goner!"

She died on the bus that got blown up. Great times man, great times.

• Like 4

Lol.

This sounds like the opening line of a rather shite song. And as for this, I'm sure Mrs Tebbit shares great concern over his physical capabilities.

He's this year for sure. Provo-n quitter with no fight left in him.

Prick.

I'm thinking April 14th 2017, otherwise known as Good Friday.

I'm in agreement.

• Like 5

Bloody hell, a few days and Martin's already back to his old ways.

For all his statesman standing of late there's still some lasting and very personal scores people want to settle with MM.

I seriously doubt anyone will be out to risk a lengthy sentence for shooting him now; but logic doesn't always apply in Ulster politics