Cowboy Ronnie

Gary Glitter

Loses in his complaint about Channel Four drama. Not much has gone his way in the last decade and a half.

maybe if he changed his appearance so that he doesnt look like a psychotic villian from a James Bond film it might help improve his public standing a tiny bit...

What? WHAT? What the FUCK are you ON ABOUT? HOW THE FUCK could a PAEDOPHILE POSSIBLY IMPROVE HIS PUBLIC STANDING BY HAVING A FUCKING SHAVE? I've never heard anything so FUCKING RIDICULOUS in my entire life. Jesus.

Jesus was a paedo ?

If only he'd shaved that beard off, history would've remembered him differently...

Jesus was a paedo ?

Luke 18:16

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein
Link added

Jesus was a paedo ?

regards,

Hein

Hmmmm

Less than conclusive IMHO. If that's evidence then we should bust every childrens television character and presenter in history.

Jesus was a paedo ?

Hmmmm

Less than conclusive IMHO.

Of course, it's from the bloody bible. That book is not conclusive evidence for anything. It is, however, the only source of information about Yeshua ben Yusuf we have.

If that's evidence then we should bust every childrens television character and presenter in history.

A tempting thought.

regards,

Hein

Loses in his complaint about Channel Four drama. Not much has gone his way in the last decade and a half.

maybe if he changed his appearance so that he doesnt look like a psychotic villian from a James Bond film it might help improve his public standing a tiny bit...

What? WHAT? What the FUCK are you ON ABOUT? HOW THE FUCK could a PAEDOPHILE POSSIBLY IMPROVE HIS PUBLIC STANDING BY HAVING A FUCKING SHAVE? I've never heard anything so FUCKING RIDICULOUS in my entire life. Jesus.

Jesus was a paedo ?

If only he'd shaved that beard off, history would've remembered him differently...

Quite possibly.

The Sun ran a picture - apparently taken this week - of him strolling through an airport. Clearly suggesting his old tricks were his intention again. On the positive side...if Maddie is still out there, he's the man to find her!

• Like 2

Red tops all reporting activity on a Twitter account - apparently from GG himself - indicating a 2012 "Comeback tour." TBH I'm smelling week old rat stew. For starters the man would be uninsurable on the road given the tonnage of people who'd know exactly where he was supposed to be at any one time. Or, is someone seriously thinking his crown is still reclaimable?

Red tops all reporting activity on a Twitter account - apparently from GG himself - indicating a 2012 "Comeback tour." TBH I'm smelling week old rat stew. For starters the man would be uninsurable on the road given the tonnage of people who'd know exactly where he was supposed to be at any one time. Or, is someone seriously thinking his crown is still reclaimable?

What will his tour be of, the local recreational parks, armed with sweeties?

• Like 1

I believe this Twitter account is a fake, I'm deep enough into the world of dullards with nothing better to do on the internet to have a good inkling of which (quotie fingers) "online" "hoaxsters" are behind it as well.

I believe this Twitter account is a fake, I'm deep enough into the world of dullards with nothing better to do on the internet to have a good inkling of which (quotie fingers) "online" "hoaxsters" are behind it as well.

Called it.

Called it.

Well spotted.

While the person calling him/herself 'Ben' raises a valid point (easy access to the Web for criminals), his method of raising it, the morality of that method, 'Ben's' methods, reasoning and proposed remedy are dodgy. A few thoughts:

• 'Experiment' is a misnomer for this little excercise, I'd call it a demonstration. 'Ben' obviously has no training in social sciences. Note that this observation doesn't invalidate the results, whatever those may mean.
  • It seems to me that 'Ben' has been doing this from a political agenda, rather than from a want to establish facts, the goal of experiments and demonstrations.
  • 'Ben' writes:
    There are literally thousands of sexual and child predators hiding away in dark corners of the internet and using assumed names to mask their real identity (the exact opposite of what I’ve been doing).
    Ben did not do the opposite, he did, on the contrary, the same thing: he used an assumed name to mask his/her real identity. I'm not questioning using assumed names; I'm doing exactly the same thing here. I'm challenging the quality of 'Ben's' reasoning.
  • 'Ben' assumed GG's identity online. This in itself is morally reprehensive. While that may be a lesser evil than the one 'Ben' is trying to demonstrate, a bit more thought before he started it might have been in order.
  • What exactly does 'Ben' want? Legislation, obviously, but I don't think 'Ben' has given much thought to the implementation and enforcement of such legislation and their consequences for internet users without criminal intent.
  • As far as I can see 'Ben' raises two completely valid points:
    1. Web users must be aware that other people on the web are not necessarily who they claim to be and may have criminal intentions. This is, unremarkably, the same in real life.
    2. Parents must not let their underage children use the Web without supervision.

[/rant]

regards,

Hein

• 'Ben' writes:
    There are literally thousands of sexual and child predators hiding away in dark corners of the internet and using assumed names to mask their real identity (the exact opposite of what I’ve been doing).
    Ben did not do the opposite, he did, on the contrary, the same thing: he used an assumed name to mask his/her real identity. I'm not questioning using assumed names; I'm doing exactly the same thing here. I'm challenging the quality of 'Ben's' reasoning.

Yes, I was thinking that as well. I think this guy was just doing the whole thing for a laugh/to wind people up, I doubt his actions can or will lead to any changes in the law.

That Glitter Twitter (ooh, see what I did there) account was live, at least briefly, quite a few weeks ago - well before this hoohah.

What's the betting that 'Ben' is a Mumsnet-drear type?

That Glitter Twitter (ooh, see what I did there) account was live, at least briefly, quite a few weeks ago - well before this hoohah.

What's the betting that 'Ben' is a Mumsnet-drear type?

Could well be.

BTW, creepy lot there. Could be a nice target for a trolling raid, but I fear the shreeking harpies that might retaliate.

regards,

Hein

Tabloid-friendly fuss-over-nowt reporting yesterday that the BBC had a few complaints after GG turned up on TOTP 1977 last week. Part of the fuss being that he'll get royalties for that. As I recall it "It Takes All Night Long" in 1977 was a minor hit, expect bigger ructions - assuming GG is still breathing - when they start showing 35 year old shows from the mid-eighties and "Another Rock N Roll Christmas" is seen storming into the top ten.

Reports from the BBC that GG is helping the police with the Savile enquires this morning.

Ex-pop star Gary Glitter held in London on suspicion of sexual offences by police probing Savile claims. - (BBC News)

Former pop star Gary Glitter arrested in connection with investigation into alleged child sexual exploitation by Jimmy Savile and others - (Sky news)

I suppose it could have went into the JS thread, but the main story is about GG, so in this thread it goes.

(No doubt some fucktard guest will post the same story in the JS thread)

You'll notice the expensive nature of his current address and clothing. The investments are clearly holding up, then.

Glitter is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 19 June on eight counts of sexual offences against girls.

regards,

Hein