Cowboy Ronnie

Gary Glitter

Entirely possible but the door is well locked. Any organised gay event is probably a festival involving two consenting adults. If you want to prove me wrong yer welcome to walk into any local pub and ask loudly where the local gays hang out!

You could try this public house, if you like.

• Like 1

So could you but you wouldn't recognise it from that description. I'll print it off and show it around work. Granted, things are not entirely as narrow minded as I've painted them up here, but hopefully you get my drift and I'm not far wrong. Some places hold a gay mardi gras as an 'event', up here one guy buys a round in our one gay bar and his twelve gay mates consider it progress.

Some places hold a gay mardi gras as an 'event', up here one guy buys a round in our one gay bar and his twelve gay mates consider it progress.

One openly gay bar... what about the others that are still embarrassed about admitting to arse play?

There's nothing wrong you know... it's all perfectly acceptable. :unsure:

He just can't seem to ditch the big hair can he?

Or the interference of children it seems...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4451992.stm

Allegedly of course...

Now that Glitter has been arrested, lets hope this statement is followed through.

"If evidence of a (legal) violation is found against Mr. Paul Francis, and especially evidence of sexual child abuse, I believe that very strict legal measures will apply to him," said Mr Le Dung.

How did the Gary Glitter thread become a discussion on West Cumbria's propensity for closet gays?

Nice gay Cumbria link from the BBC.

With every passing post it appears that MPFC was incorrect. It appears that Cumbria isn't the haven of heterosexuality that has been implied.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Entirely possible but the door is well locked. Any organised gay event is probably a festival involving two consenting adults. If you want to prove me wrong yer welcome to walk into any local pub and ask loudly where the local gays hang out!

You could try this public house, if you like.

As we speak an angry mob led by maryportfuncity is heading towards that bar bearing pichforks.

Now that Glitter has been arrested, lets hope this statement is followed through.

"If evidence of a (legal) violation is found against Mr. Paul Francis, and especially evidence of sexual child abuse, I believe that very strict legal measures will apply to him," said Mr Le Dung.

If Gary Glitter is convicted, he faces up to 5 years in a Vietnamese prison.

As we speak an angry mob led by maryportfuncity is heading towards that bar bearing pichforks.

Not so. Whilst there are a few people - like Richard O' Sullivan fan(s) - I love to wind up I'm don't have any problems with gay people. I'm serious about this which probably means the rest of you will start taking the piss. The point I was making about West Cumbria is that it is summat of a backwater where forward thinking is concerned and it is true that the one and only gay bar is a plucky little small time operation that took years to start and is unlikely to keep the management in flashy cars and foreign holidays in the near future.

Passed the place many a time without a mob behind me.

If Gary Glitter is convicted, he faces up to 5 years in a Vietnamese prison.

The BBC article now says he could face a maximum of 12 years in jail, so it's gone from death to 5 years to 12 years.

I reckon they're making it up as they go along.

Who's "they?" The BBC or the Vietnamese? :P

Who's "they?" The BBC or the Vietnamese? :P

Both probably.

Those Vietnamese are probably adjusting any sentence according to Glitters bribe size.

The BBC as usual are taking the piss.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be in his gang!

To be honest I think if he gets done this time he will possibly end up commiting sideyways, I don't think there's many more places he can run to, so maybe an early 2006 contender.

I don't think there's many more places he can run to, so maybe an early 2006 contender.

That could be the case if he is found guilty and given the death sentence.

given the death sentence.

Not sure the Vietnamese are that harsh. Maybe with captured GIs way back when but not ageing pop stars.

They could still shoot him:

""Obscene acts with a child" can lead to 12 years imprisonment while child rape carries the maximum penalty of death before a firing squad.

A police officer in Vung Tua said: "Having sex with a 12-year-old girl, regardless of whether he had her consent, is still considered child rape under Vietnamese law."

Ooh wee!!!!

Now there's an interesting moral dilemma. How many people in the UK would raise a fuss if the Vietnamese started talking about a firing squad?

Not many round my way, that's for sure.

According to the London Evening Standard earlier the death penalty is mandatory for child rape. GG might be worth putting on next years list if he gets charged with that.

I can't help thinking he'll survive. I'm not sure how many people are killed for child rape in that country. Bear in mind it's also a known haunt of the likes of Glitter. I reckon a good bet would be they charge him, threaten him with death and we agree to take him back and stick him in jail on their behalf. At which point he might just top himself. Then again, the man has an ego out of all proportion to his meagre talents and probably reckons he deserves to live. Maimed in an attack by a fellow inmate maybe, probably not dead in 2006 though.

Perhaps we should use mans' answer to everything....teletext.

BBC Teletext says he can expect up to 12 years.

ITV Teletext says he may be shot by firing squad.

I suppose it depends on the status of the older girl. She's 18 now but they are unsure if she was under 18 when Glitter had sex with her. Going by Vietnamese law, it would count as rape if she were under 18 even if she gave concent.

Therefore, double rape may get him firing squad treatment whereas the single rape of the 12 year old may only get him 12 years in prison. What are the standards in Vietnamese prisons anyway.....

Therefore, double rape may get him firing squad treatment whereas the single rape of the 12 year old may only get him 12 years in prison.

Perhaps they lock him up for twelve years and then shoot him?

regards,

Hein

Therefore, double rape may get him firing squad treatment whereas the single rape of the 12 year old may only get him 12 years in prison.

Perhaps they lock him up for twelve years and then shoot him?

regards,

Hein

I agree Hein, it would certainly make sense to do it that way round.