Cowboy Ronnie

Gary Glitter

Perhaps we should use mans' answer to everything....teletext.

BBC Teletext says he can expect up to 12 years.

ITV Teletext says he may be shot by firing squad.

I imagine he's hoping to be tried by Ceefax then? :lol:

• Like 1

I believe he would have to serve half of the sentence, in Vietnam, before being considered for transportation home to serve the rest of the sentence. That's how it works with drug traffic. Not sure about peado, nonce, cases.

I believe he would have to serve half of the sentence, in Vietnam, before being considered for transportation home

How does he serve half if the worst comes to the worst? Maybe half the firing squad load up with blanks and he gets off with serious wounds if he's lucky.

I did some research (not online though) and it appears that he was arrested in Cambodia on Christmas 2002 for child molestation. The charges were dropped on the condition that he be deported and never return.

The man didn't learn his lesson, they might actually charge him and push for the death penalty (and if it's mandatory, then it's the end for Glitter).

I was thinking that this was a poor choice, but now I'm sort of changing my mind... it might be an interesting consideration as we watch events unfold, especially given his past history. :lol:

I did some research (not online though) and it appears that he was arrested in Cambodia on Christmas 2002 for child molestation. The charges were dropped on the condition that he be deported and never return.

The man didn't learn his lesson, they might actually charge him and push for the death penalty (and if it's mandatory, then it's the end for Glitter).

I was thinking that this was a poor choice, but now I'm sort of changing my mind... it might be an interesting consideration as we watch events unfold, especially given his past history. :lol:

Yes a real life or death soap opera.

Lets hope the Vietnamese authorities press charges,

who knows if Saddam is on the list for '06 there could be a DeathList double execution success.

Guest Guest

Has there been DL success by virtue of firing squad before. Quite a gang for Mr Glitter to join. :lol:

Panic over, he wasn't abusing children he was "teaching them English". Possibly one of the worst excuses in modern times. :P

Remember, it's only a bad excuse if nobody believes it. Mr. Gadd's reasoning sounds plausible to me, much like the often-misinterpreted "detox spa" regime at Treblinka. :lol:

You always get this in the news: When some celeb gets into trouble with the law, there is the usual press speculatation on the length of sentence (they could be jailed for up to 40 years etc) or in Glitter's case, the death penalty, but it never happens. There is usually some slimey lawyer there to get the celeb off the hook, like that twat who can get people off for speeding.

Mind you, it would be a laugh if they went along with it and shot him!

Panic over, he wasn't abusing children he was "teaching them English".  Possibly one of the worst excuses in modern times. :lol:

Better than teaching them Greek, I suppose.

Incidentally, back in the early 80's I remember Mr Paul Gadd being stopped and arrested for speeding through my 'hood'.

Teaching them English! So - presumably - there will be many other students including grown men coming forward to vouch for his skills in this new career.

Incidentally, back in the early 80's I remember Mr Paul Gadd being stopped and arrested for speeding through my 'hood'.

Sounds unbearably painful.

The Vietnamese are supposedly looking at one of the lesser charges they can make (upto 12 years imprisonment), rather than one of child rape (death penalty).

So he's not a likely consideration for next year.

And how long do you think you would last in a Vietnamese prison. ;)

"the country's official youth newspaper, Thanh Nien, ran a story quoting the entertainer's neighbors claiming he had taken home several underage girls--and was becoming a nuisance with his singing."

So it was the singing that did him in !

Looks like he was teaching music as well as english then. ;)

Looks like he was teaching music as well as english then. ;)

Would that be teaching how to play the pink oboe?

"the country's official youth newspaper, Thanh Nien, ran a story quoting the entertainer's neighbors claiming he had taken home several underage girls--and was becoming a nuisance with his singing."

So it was the singing that did him in !

Taking home "under age girls"?

How old does that make them?

The Vietnamese are supposedly looking at one of the lesser charges they can make (upto 12 years imprisonment), rather than one of child rape (death penalty).

It would explain the constant flip-flopping.

Looks like another dead-end candidate. ;)

A true bit of trivia that might amuse our foreign - ie outside the UK - cousins. Cockneys from London have their own slang based on rhymes. So - for example - a cockney saying he could 'Murder a ruby' isn't planning to kill women, he's expressing a wish for a curry. In the rhyming slang Ruby Murray = Curry.

For some years Gary Glitter has been part of this slang, referring to the human back passage. Gary Glitter = Shitter. So a gay cockney might take someone 'up the Gary Glitter.'

I'm sure the great man approves of his name being used in this way.

Guest Corpse Kid

If he dies i wanna see a pic of his corpse, make me appreciate life just a bit more. I hope those gooks pop some caps in his ass. Hopfully they video tape it and ill see on some random site.

Guest Corpse Kid
A true bit of trivia that might amuse our foreign - ie outside the UK - cousins. Cockneys from London have their own slang based on rhymes. So - for example - a cockney saying he could 'Murder a ruby' isn't planning to kill women, he's expressing a wish for a curry. In the rhyming slang Ruby Murray = Curry.

For some years Gary Glitter has been part of this slang, referring to the human back passage. Gary Glitter = Shitter. So a gay cockney might take someone 'up the Gary Glitter.'

I'm sure the great man approves of his name being used in this way.

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/cockney/letter/G.aspx

hahaha you are right. I would sound like a weirdo if i used this slang around here.

As far as getting this paedo on the list and then getting him to hopefully "pop his clogs" we could send a petition to the Vietnamese Embassy saying that we want the death penalty. Maybe they would oblige. Shitter (sorry Gary Glitter) would then happily slit his wrists or something.

Welcome to the forum chickenbane.

Indeed, Glitter should do the honourable thing and slit his wrists (after informing deathlist.net and waiting until the 1st of January). :)

• Like 1