Cowboy Ronnie

Gary Glitter

Vaccinating prisoners is good for the taxpayer - prisoners being hospitalised costs a lot in staffing costs.

For a moment, I thought this was going to be the death notice...

29 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Gary Glitter is remorseful says good judge of character, former accused and all round upstanding member of society Jim Davidson.......

• Haha 1

HM prison the verne Dorset England, Glitter there till 2023 at least.

11 minutes ago, Deadboy999 said:

STFU.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Deadboy999 said:

Sometimes it's better to just observe than participate, mate. Bumping threads for no reason and making inane comments doesn't go down well on here. Before you contribute, just ask yourself, am I providing an informative update about the death or impending death of a notable person? Or am I just making random comments for the sake of it? Commenting "die" on threads is not informative.

1 hour ago, GEMINEYE said:

Sometimes it's better to just observe than participate, mate. Bumping threads for no reason and making inane comments doesn't go down well on here. Before you contribute, just ask yourself, am I providing an informative update about the death or impending death of a notable person? Or am I just making random comments for the sake of it? Commenting "die" on threads is not informative.

Or am I just providing the dead pooling equivalent of rehashing the the winning formula, y'know, the way Glitter did with that timeless classic...Hello! Hello! I'm Back Again

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I remember Sounds reviewing Neu 2 and pointing out Neu's increasing resemblance to the Glitter sound. In 1973 that seemed like a crushingly bad review, but they had a point...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LfODdusZu-o

You have to feel sorry for Mike Leander; arguably, if it hadn't been for an eagle-eyed PC World nerd, Leander's reputation as songwriter and sonic pioneer would be rightly recognised, not copycat Krautrock bores like Neu. I wonder if he knew what Glitter was up to... no reason to think he did, and he was already dead by the time of his downfall. 

• Angry 1

6 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

You have to feel sorry for Mike Leander; arguably, if it hadn't been for an eagle-eyed PC World nerd, Leander's reputation as songwriter and sonic pioneer would be rightly recognised, not copycat Krautrock bores like Neu. I wonder if he knew what Glitter was up to... no reason to think he did, and he was already dead by the time of his downfall. 

A point I've made here before regarding Glitter, great sound - most of which was Leander's vision - the last piece of the jigsaw was to find some jobbing singer who could handle the vocals. Leander hadn't a clue about Glitter at the start and likely never knew throughout the glory years. Had they hired anyone else the show would still be going on, and it'd still be great.

• Sad 1

On 04/09/2021 at 14:59, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Disdain GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Like 1

A fair few years since I've heard "Another rock and roll Christmas" on the radio now, a shame as it's one of the better xmas songs.

For sake of arguement, if one of the Beatles had been outed as a peado would none of their songs have been played on tv/radio ever again?

Society as a whole seems to have gone "yeah Michael Jackson was probably dodgy but the fuck are we losing Billie Jean over it..."

Why is he being released early?
Is Sunak a fan? (I remember he used a Glitter-esque song in his Prime Minister debut video).

2 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

A fair few years since I've heard "Another rock and roll Christmas" on the radio now, a shame as it's one of the better xmas songs.

For sake of arguement, if one of the Beatles had been outed as a peado would none of their songs have been played on tv/radio ever again?

Next time a big peedo ring is getting exposed, we should do a peedolist on here (50 celebrities we each think are going to be outed) xD

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lilham said:

Is Sunak a fan? (I remember he used a Glitter-esque song in his Prime Minister debut video).

Yeah they used his music in both Joker and happy Gilmore. Neither of those films have been banned 

7 hours ago, lilham said:

He was sentenced to 16 years and the half way point is coming soon.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, msc said:

Society as a whole seems to have gone "yeah Michael Jackson was probably dodgy but the fuck are we losing Billie Jean over it..."

Jim Gordon bludgeoned his mum to death and Derek Clapton supported the National Front, but people still listen to Layla. Well, I don't but some do. :axe:

The difference is those are actually good songs. Glitter just has some bad glammy stuff

18 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

Earlier this week a colleague decided to put a Christmas CD on (he even brought in his own antiquated CD player in an attempt to create atmosphere). 

When Gary Glitter came on it was possibly the highlight of my week to see him quickly toddle back to the CD player muttering "Oh no, no, no...we don't want Gary Glitter."

It was a slow week...

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

Good question. Almost every 60s compilation album misses them out because of licensing, with beat-era bands like the Searchers, Tremeloes, Mindbenders filling that gap. Heartbeat was a bit like that too. So I guess that’s what radio would’ve been like - a Beatle-shaped hole filled in by contemporaries and imitators. 

• Like 1