Catherine

People I Was Surprised To Find Are Still Alive

Aye, and I never found out what that mystery ailment of his was, either.

I would have assumed everybody involved in the creation/early development of Bugs Bunny was long gone. His official debut was in 1940's A Wild Hare, though a more cutesy-looking prototype Bugs appears in a few earlier shorts. The layout artist on A Wild Hare, Bob Givens, redesigned the prototype Bugs (as well as Elmer Fudd) for the short, creating the earliest design of the more familiar Bugs and was thus one of several who laid the groundwork for the character as known today. He's still alive at 99.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nice find.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2014 at 19:05, Magere Hein said:

Jeannie Rousseau, a French spy during WW2. The last news I could find about her is from 2008, so I presume is still with us at 95.

regards,

Hein

Dead. https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lefigaro.fr%2Fflash-actu%2F2017%2F08%2F25%2F97001-20170825FILWWW00271-deces-de-l-ancienne-resistante-jeannie-de-clarens.php&edit-text

How about actor Norman Lloyd?

He's turning 103 in November, and he's still acting to this day.

• Like 1

I am surprised that Cloris Leachman is still alive. 

Debra Paget, star of The Ten Commandments and paramour of Howard Hughes and Elvis Presley, among others. Left acting in the early 60s when she married Madame Chiang Kai-shek's nephew.

Well... I am surprised to see that George Bush Sr,  Herman Wouk, Jake Lamotta, Kirk Douglas  are still alive 

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 16:55, Drewsky1211 said:

How about actor Norman Lloyd?

He's turning 103 in November, and he's still acting to this day.

Just watched an episode of 'The Twilight Zone' from 1986 called 'The Last Defender of Camelot'.

Norman played a manipulative aging Merlin who is revealed to be living in Cornwall and is coming out of a deep sleep.

One character from the past makes an observation that in the future it is far more difficult to tell who the treacherous leaders are & that our weapons can poison the earth so there is no longer room for errors or bad judgement.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Jackie Robinson's wife, Rachel, is still alive.

She's 95 years old, and she was added to the Baseball Hall of Fame this year.

That could well be the stupidest thing I have heard in 2017.  

SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

That could well be the stupidest thing I have heard in 2017.  

SC

They already have Umpires in the HOF,having Ambassadors of the sport isn't that much of a stretch.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

They already have Umpires in the HOF,having Ambassadors of the sport isn't that much of a stretch.  

Make that the second stupidest...

Calling 'Baseball' a sport being the third.....

• Like 1

On 26/08/2017 at 16:44, YoungWillz said:

So if we've lost Jeannie Rousseau should we keep tabs on Auschwitz survivor Lily Ebert. 86 (maybe 87) now and she was in a documentary on living with terminal illness years ago. Can't see any evidence she's dead on the back of Googling her name plus death a few minutes back

Im quite surprised to see that Harvey Wankstain is still alive.

15 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Im quite surprised to see that Harvey Wankstain is still alive.

Hmmm

So sure of his own power that doubtless any long-term rejection by his Hollywood mates will only lead to a best-selling memoir in which he blows the lid on others and a controversial movie in which he's played by someone like Micky Rourke

• Like 3

I am really surprised, but happy as he was a likeable character, George A Cooper is still alive.  He played janny Mr Griffiths in Grange Hill from 1985 and left in 1992 at the age of 67.  He is now 92 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_A._Cooper

This guy -

GAC.jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, BufordTJustice said:

I am really surprised, but happy as he was a likeable character, George A Cooper is still alive.  He played janny Mr Griffiths in Grange Hill from 1985 and left in 1992 at the age of 67.  He is now 92 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_A._Cooper

This guy -

GAC.jpg

He is also one of the dwindling band of survivors from 'A Night To Remember'.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8124-a-night-to-remember/

He was also a villain in an episode of a popular family time travel show that I don't really mention much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

He was also a villain in an episode of a popular family time travel show that I don't really mention much.

Now you mention it, it had entirely slipped my mind that he is one of my Scavenger Hunt Bingo picks.   :unsure:

• Like 1

Doing some random research not relating to dead pooling, I was surprised to find out that the original drummer of The Who (ie before Keith Moon) is still alive. His name is Doug Sandom and he’s currently a whopping 87 years of age. Not sure if he’s obitable for the DDP, but he could potentially be a good pick on one of the dead pools that have more lenient obit rules...

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Doing some random research not relating to dead pooling, I was surprised to find out that the original drummer of The Who (ie before Keith Moon) is still alive. His name is Doug Sandom and he’s currently a whopping 87 years of age. Not sure if he’s obitable for the DDP, but he could potentially be a good pick on one of the dead pools that have more lenient obit rules...

He probably would be a footnote - not in the same league as Pete Best but some daily might well mention him. Good spot, thanks