Catherine

People I Was Surprised To Find Are Still Alive

7 hours ago, Sean said:

It seems a little too late.No way she will be deemed fit to stand trial and probably won't live long enough for a trial to even start.

Honestly I agree with you. There's no point in prosecuting someone terminally ill because they are gonna be dead before trial or would serve just days in prison before dying.

This evil lady will go to hell within the next few months. Just be patient.

• Like 2

Wayne Tucker (IMDb), actor who appeared in some classic TV Shows like The Twilight Zone, Dennis the Menace, The Joey Bishop Show and The Many Love of Dobie Gills is still living at 98 as Cecil W. Tucker in Texas.

image.jpeg.331efe8ce1620679dacacc76456c87dd.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

american singer Brenda Lee is still alive at "only" 78. I was sure she died long ago, I don't know why, I think she's the kind of voice I associate with Lesley Gore, Patsy Cline and Dusty Springfield, all long dead so that must explain it

25 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Brenda has a good chance of being the last major 1950s rock and roll star left due to her relative youth. 

I think so yes, all of her pairs are either dead or  older and they are males (Paul Anka, Smokey Robinson, Johnny Tillotson, Willie Nelson…)

1 hour ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Brenda has a good chance of being the last major 1950s rock and roll star left due to her relative youth. 

Chubby Checker - btw - started as a teenager and he's still only 81, one minor US hit in the 50s before he hit #1 in 1960

Connie Francis was a fairly big star by the end of the 1950s and is still alive aged 85. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

american singer Brenda Lee is still alive at "only" 78. I was sure she died long ago, I don't know why, I think she's the kind of voice I associate with Lesley Gore, Patsy Cline and Dusty Springfield, all long dead so that must explain it

Maybe you were confusing her with Peggy Lee? 

9 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Connie Francis was a fairly big star by the end of the 1950s and is still alive aged 85. 

As for Brenda Lee, I was sure she was already long dead ! Thanks for this info, I love « Where the boys are » and « stupid cupid » probably her most famous songs. I think I may confuse her with Tammy Wynette, hence my thought she was dead… 

• Like 1

Looks like Octavio Meyran, the Mexican referee in charge of both Tyson/Douglas and the Duran/Leonard "No Mas!" fight, is still alive. Was interviewed (in Spanish) on a podcast in 2020 and has a still-active Twitter account here.

Priscilla Morgan is still alive at 89, actress but is probably best known as the widow of our beloved DeathList mascot, Clive Dunn.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

On 06/01/2022 at 09:10, Spade_Cooley said:

Carolyn Bryant Donham, the woman who accused Emmett Till of "interacting inappropriately," leading to her husband and brother-in-law lynching him and becoming probably the first widespread cause celebre of the civil rights movement, is still with us. Would have assumed she died ages ago, and being as she's never been mentioned on her or picked in the DDP, so probably do you.

Carolyn Bryant Donham finally dead.

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, tracy said:

Think that makes 5 reports of DDP pick deaths today...so far...

3 minutes ago, tracy said:

It's going to be one of those days...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tracy said:

Died the day before my birthday but I’m not complaining she didn’t live an extra day

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 18:16, drol said:

Mau Mau uprising field marshal Muthoni Kirima is still alive at 92. And she is so good she has two wiki pages: Muthoni Kirima and Muthoni wa Kirima. One page cites the other, so this must be the work of some authentic mental retard.

Recent video of her (with Mama Ngina Kenyatta, Jomo Kenyatta widow and Kenyatta family matriarch who looks amazing):

Reading on her I thought Kirima's been the last living major Mau Mau Uprising figure since the deaths of Rawson Macharia (who was killed in a motorcycle crash in 2008...an uncommon way to die at 96), Terence Gavaghan in 2011 and Ian Henderson in 2013, but seems like Mukami Kimathi is still alive, the widow of Dedan Kimathi, the commander of the rebels. Her age is somewhere between 94 and 102 and she's been in and out of hospitals for years, most recently in January with pneumonia.

On 05/07/2021 at 15:55, Spade_Cooley said:

Feminist sociologist Maria Mies, who I thought was long dead, is still around. Turned 90 this year and skimming through Google News I can't find her making any appearances or interviews in the past few years, so maybe a long-lister.

Maria Mies dead at 92.

• Like 1

Surprised to find that this lady, a staple of British TV comedy & drama of the 60s & 70s is 90 years young.

Quite prolific in theatre land to, so I'm lead to believe.

Toni Palmer.

images.jpg

Maxine Reeves (IMDb) born 1924, American model who appeared in Queen for a Day in 40s is still alive aged 98

QUEEN FOR A DAY clipping TV game show B&W photo Maxine Reeves & Carol  Anders 40s | eBay

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 28/04/2023 at 14:21, arghton said:

Reading on her I thought Kirima's been the last living major Mau Mau Uprising figure since the deaths of Rawson Macharia (who was killed in a motorcycle crash in 2008...an uncommon way to die at 96), Terence Gavaghan in 2011 and Ian Henderson in 2013, but seems like Mukami Kimathi is still alive, the widow of Dedan Kimathi, the commander of the rebels. Her age is somewhere between 94 and 102 and she's been in and out of hospitals for years, most recently in January with pneumonia.

Mukami Kimathi, widow of Dedan Kimathi, dead. Apparently died on 4th of May, six days after my post.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2022 at 22:39, Lafaucheuse said:

Jacques Rozier (wiki) french cineast still alive at 95

Dead 

• Like 3

Last week I was updating my Spotify playlists when I came across the fact that old 50s and 60s stars Bobby Vinton (88) and Duane Eddy (85) are still around these days. Truth be told I was pretty suprised, also for the reason that I don't feel anyone ever really mentions them that much on the forums (unlike f.e. Frankie Valli or Smokey Robinson).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LWCZ said:

Last week I was updating my Spotify playlists when I came across the fact that old 50s and 60s stars Bobby Vinton (88) and Duane Eddy (85) are still around these days. Truth be told I was pretty suprised, also for the reason that I don't feel anyone ever really mentions them that much on the forums (unlike f.e. Frankie Valli or Smokey Robinson).

Probably because they were nowhere near as big stars as Valli or Robinson. 

6 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Probably because they were nowhere near as big stars as Valli or Robinson. 

I agree that the Robinson comparison could be considered a pretty big stretch. However, I wouldn't say that Valli was/is much bigger star than Vinton, in all honesty I could see it being the other way round but all in all that's just my subjective opinion.  

Valli is and was a much bigger name than Vinton. He's got so many iconic songs to his name, he's got the stage play. Proper DL front page name.

Duane Eddy is one of the great WTF Still alive names though.

• Like 1