Catherine

People I Was Surprised To Find Are Still Alive

He was never the same since his encounter with THRUSH........

;):evil::)

He was never the same since his encounter with THRUSH........

;):evil::)

AKA The Caniston Kid in the Magnificent 7.

Q,why do you call me thrush?

A,because your an irritating c**t!

OK Windsor Im waiting..........

Joss Ackland. Saw him on something last night and was surprised as I tought he'd died years ago. My other half was convinced Michael York was dead.

Whilst reading about Milosevic's funeral in the paper, it mentioned President Tito and also the fate of his widow compared to Milosevic's.

Not only was I surprised she was still alive, but also that she lives in a one-room flat in Belgrade with no heating & has to cope on £11 a month (or equivalent). Somehow I thought she'd be in a better situation. She's 82 by the way & her name is Jovanka Broz. Apparently, after searching about her, a Wiki article reports they are trying to help her situation.

Joss Ackland. Saw him on something last night and was surprised as I tought he'd died years ago. My other half was convinced Michael York was dead.

Your other half? Would that be your lover or your friend?

That saying seemed to ring through my ears as if i've heard it once before. :D

art linkletter.

Sir Clement Freud - thought he died years ago.Born 1924 maybe a contender in the near future ?

Sir Clement Freud - thought he died years ago.Born 1924 maybe a contender in the near future ?

I think Clement will be good or a few years yet to be honest.

Jack Thompson.Australian actor.

IMDB

Wrong again.

Mind you the wiki bio is better,if you like menage a trois.

I watched "Comedy Connections " on BBC1 last night & the featured show was "To the Manor Born." Not only was I astonished that the vicar on it was still alive, but he was only in his early 50's when they filmed it. (late '70's)

His name is Gerald Sim, and he's now 81. Looked quite good for his age, but then as he looked old early, he hasn't really changed, a la Clive Dunn. Then, to complete, my hat-trick of surprises, I found out he has an extensive film career as well!

char_rector.jpg

See what I mean - this was from about 1979, 1980 - looks late 60's at least!

In today's installment of "People I Was Surprised To Find Are Still Alive:"

George Nissen, inventor of the modern trampoline and the man who made trampoling a worldwide sport. 91 or 92, and probably in good health since he was an active gymnast, but just thought I'd throw that one out there.

Also, Werner Groebli, 91, better known as the "Frick" of Frick and Frack. His partner died way back in 1979 and his wife died in 2002. Another athlete, but his answer to the first question makes it sound like he's planning on going out somtime soon.

They're probably not the best of candidates, but they certainly fit the thread.

Though most of you probably won't have heard of him, as a Middle Eastern Scholar I'm forced to read the works of Bernard Lewis time and time again, so I was very shocked to see that he had just turned 90 years old.

Pros: Workaholic with controversial views - prime for a heart attack or maybe a fatwa

Cons: Definetely still healthy and active, wouldn't be famous enough for DL, perhaps a risky DDP pick.

Just throwing that one out there.

The larger than life (yes he really is that large) former Rochdale MP Cyril Smith. I assumed he had left us long ago, but apparently not. Out of interest, has he ever appeared on the list?

11c8p76.jpg

Cyril Smith 1928-??

Doing a little research while bored between classes, I discovered that Dufferin Roblin is the oldest living former Canadian Premier, close behind Robert Gordon Robertson who was Commissioner (but not Premier - the position didn't exist) of the NorthWest Territories for a decade.

1610.jpg

Most recent picture of Roblin that I could find.

clerk_former_Robertsonrg.jpg

Old picture of Robertson from the 60s - 70s, but the only picture I could find.

The former most likely, and the latter almost certainly, wouldn't get a UK obit (or even a U.S. one), so I most likely won't be using either on the DDP, so I thought I'd share the fruits of my boredom-induced research.

Guest Zed

They look eerily similar.

Ronald Neame sounded pretty chipper and in touch with what's going on for a 95 year old when interviewed on Radio Four today.

In today's installment of "People I Was Surprised To Find Are Still Alive," Ronald H. Coase, came to mind after the death of a slightly ancienter economist, Mr. Galbraith. Aside from receiving the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1991 (a prize that Galbraith never won), he also came up with the Coase Theorem which I won't bore you with but, suffice to say, I've heard more than enough about in my Economics classes. Age wise, he's halfway between Galbraith and Freidman, although admittedly I couldn't find anything on his current health state.

Would definetely get a UK obit I'd think too.

I thought Tom Bosley had died a few years ago, but apparently not.

Or did he... I am so confused.

Ok, I just looked him up, and he is still alive.

Let me explain what's going on: My mother suggested him for a good 2007 DL pick, but I was adamant that he was dead. She assured me he was still alive. As I was surprised to find he was still alive, I decided to post it in this thread, but then decided to check anyway.

He's looking frail though. Could my mum be right ? ( Scroll down, past Ron & Henry )

i'm thinking you should persuade your mum to sign up here (if she isn't already) as he does look rough. by contrast, scroll down to look at al molinaro, who's 87 this year and unless that's an old photo looks pretty healthy. other things that came to mind - ralph & potsie have aged well, and how scott baio to have a pneumatic blonde on his arm in his picture!

bosley might not be ill as such, but he looks like he's ageing badly.

[snip].....al molinaro, who's 87 this year and unless that's an old photo looks pretty healthy...

I never even noticed that. I just looked though and he does look pretty much the same there as I remember him looking years ago. Either it is an old picture, or he's got some deal going on with Him Downstairs.

Alan Young who played Wilbur in "Mister Ed". Born 1919 and still going. Never given him much thought, but what I did made me think he was dead

• Like 1