Catherine

George Best

Bob Wilson is NOT dead.

The one thing that DOES confuse me:

If David & Scot share the same house & computer, why are you both having an online conversation on the Deathlist about.. - I'm not sure what exactly, actually - rather than having a conversation between the two of you?

Bob Wilson is NOT dead.

The one thing that DOES confuse me:

If David & Scot share the same house & computer, why are you both having an online conversation on the Deathlist about.. - I'm not sure what exactly, actually - rather than having a conversation between the two of you?

Errrrr...don't get paranoid. Apparently, I shared the same ISP address as One Man Jury (OMJ) - check out 2004/5 contribution to understand the turmoil he created - but was still accused of being one and the same.

I now know who OMJ is and if it helps (or frustrates) members, he no longer wishes to have access to a PC (so, OMJ, rest in peace).

I now know who OMJ is and if it helps (or frustrates) members, he no longer wishes to have access to a PC (so, OMJ, rest in peace).

A wish, no doubt, backed up by a court order and promise of a holiday at Her Majesty's pleasure.

Either I've finally lost my marbles completely, or this thread no longer makes any sense. I'm completely lost. Who's Scott? Is he related to George Best? And was George Best a twin? And if so, with whom? And what's Bob Wilson got to do with anything? This is it, my time has finally come - I've moved permanently to reside in Looneyville.

Can't we get some people it's fun to chat to on here? Where are my old friends GrimRita and Oneshot Paddy? Come on, guys! I miss chatting to you both.

What's that supposed to mean? That I'm not fun to chat to? How very rude. That hurts me. Deep inside.

Guest David

Can't we get some people it's fun to chat to on here? Where are my old friends GrimRita and Oneshot Paddy? Come on, guys! I miss chatting to you both.

What's that supposed to mean? That I'm not fun to chat to? How very rude. That hurts me. Deep inside.

Sorry about that. No offence meant. Of course you're fun to chat to. Thanks to the person who told me Bob Wilson hasn't died. I just thought he might have because I've not seen him for a while. Please do forgive me for saying that before - I can assure you it wasn't meant to cause offence.

Whaddya mean Bob Wilson hasn't died?

Think positive.

Bob Wilson hasn't died..................................yet.

When Bob does go, does that mean David Seaman has to pass on the Golden Scrolls of Knowledge Wilson bequeathed him?

Guest David

When Bob does go, does that mean David Seaman has to pass on the Golden Scrolls of Knowledge Wilson bequeathed him?

I wouldn't think so. They were both great keepers - although I've only seen TV snippets of Bob Wilson playing. I think he was capped for Scotland - even though he is English. Correct me if that's wrong.

Guest David

I wouldn't think so. They were both great keepers - although I've only seen TV snippets of Bob Wilson playing. I think he was capped for Scotland - even though he is English. Correct me if that's wrong.

When I went home to Glasgow for the funeral of Jimmy Johnstone - the greatest ever player for my beloved Celtic - I may now live in Newcastle - upon - Tyne - but my heart is still in my native Glasgow - one thing did confuse me. As I was sitting in the church, the song that was playing was The Fields of Athenry. Now, unless I'm very much mistaken that's an Irish song. I just wondered why they'd play an Irish song at a Scottish player's funeral.

I really hope you are taking the piss.

When I went home to Glasgow for the funeral of Jimmy Johnstone - the greatest ever player for my beloved Celtic - I may now live in Newcastle - upon - Tyne - but my heart is still in my native Glasgow - one thing did confuse me. As I was sitting in the church, the song that was playing was The Fields of Athenry. Now, unless I'm very much mistaken that's an Irish song. I just wondered why they'd play an Irish song at a Scottish player's funeral.

Guest David

Anubis, you always knew I was a Scot. Surely you aren't annoyed with me because I was born in Glasgow! When my brothers and I were boys we all supported Celtic. I know there's always Old Firm rivalry - but it's never affected me.

Guest David

Everybody - why is Anubis so upset that I went to Jimmy Johnstone's funeral?

1) I didn't know you were Scottish. I didn't care, but I didn't know. In fact, I hadn't given you a moments thought until very recently

2) I'm not upset you went to Jimmy Johnstones funeral, or George Bests'. I'm very surprised that you, being a Glasgow-born Celtic fan wouldn't know why a song associated with Irish Republicanism would be played at the funeral of a Celtic player.

3) You two are really quite odd. Learn how to use the 'Quote' function please.

Guest David

1) I didn't know you were Scottish. I didn't care, but I didn't know. In fact, I hadn't given you a moments thought until very recently

2) I'm not upset you went to Jimmy Johnstones funeral, or George Bests'. I'm very surprised that you, being a Glasgow-born Celtic fan wouldn't know why a song associated with Irish Republicanism would be played at the funeral of a Celtic player.

3) You two are really quite odd. Learn how to use the 'Quote' function please.

[quote)

Actually, I knew Celtic had Irish roots. My grandad tells me they were founded by monks for the emigrants. This will no doubt annoy a few people - but I'm a Protestant Celtic fan - so that's why I wondered why they'd play an Irish song.

Plus that was the first Catholic service - either funeral or wedding - I've been to.

Anubis, you always knew I was a Scot. Surely you aren't annoyed with me because I was born in Glasgow! When my brothers and I were boys we all supported Celtic. I know there's always Old Firm rivalry - but it's never affected me.

Now I'm confused, I thought Scot was your brother. Are you really sure you are not conjoined? When was the last time you checked?

Guest David

Now I'm confused, I thought Scot was your brother. Are you really sure you are not conjoined? When was the last time you checked?

Monoclinic, Scottish people are always known as Scots. My brother's name is also Scot. We aren't cojoined - but we are best mates and have been since we were boys.

Monoclinic, Scottish people are always known as Scots. My brother's name is also Scot.

I learn something new everyday, does this mean people from Germany are called Germs and people from Burkino Faso Burks? Does anyone in your family come from Burkino Faso perchance?

We aren't cojoined - but we are best mates and have been since we were boys.

Ah okay, incest fun for all the family, so they say in Austria. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Do you have another brother called Ned?

By the way sanity is relative, I think some of your relatives might well be insane.

Guest David

Monoclinic, Scottish people are always known as Scots. My brother's name is also Scot.

I learn something new everyday, does this mean people from Germany are called Germs and people from Burkino Faso Burks? Does anyone in your family come from Burkino Faso perchance?

We aren't cojoined - but we are best mates and have been since we were boys.

Ah okay, incest fun for all the family, so they say in Austria. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Do you have another brother called Ned?

By the way sanity is relative, I think some of your relatives might well be insane.

My other brothers are called Darren and Stuart. Darren is 23 and Stuart is 21. And that Austrian remark is NOT appropriate. In fact, I'm going to report you to the forum owner for that. And then you'll have somewhere else to share your filthy thoughts. A prison cell, with any luck.

If you find that remark inappropriate, for goodness sake, don't go to the darker recesses of Deathlist. There's whole new worlds of inappropriate out there.

So which mod has drawn the short straw to come to France to arrest me for crimes against the population of Austria and David Guest?

Guest David
If you find that remark inappropriate, for goodness sake, don't go to the darker recesses of Deathlist. There's whole new worlds of inappropriate out there.

All right, but what Josef Fritzl did to his relatives is really not a matter for joking. We mustn't say such things. Anubis - my brother Scot and I are travelling to Egypt soon for our holidays - so we may see you in person. Let's hope we do - and we can all meet up for a drink.

Ah, go on then. Are you going to come quietly, or will I have to be inappropriate?

So which mod has drawn the short straw to come to France to arrest me for crimes against the population of Austria and David Guest?

Guest David
Ah, go on then. Are you going to come quietly, or will I have to be inappropriate?

You won't need to be inappropriate. We're coming in early July.

For God's sake Davo, close your quotes. Trying to read your posts is like picking carrots out of vomit.