Catherine

George Best

I feel a celebration bender coming on.

Any thoughts on Mr Best, He's been dicing with death for a good while now after years on the lash! Just how long will liver number two last I wonder? :(:o

Any thoughts on Mr Best, He's been dicing with death for a good while now after years on the lash! Just how long will liver number two last I wonder? :(:o

I read somewhere that transplanted livers don't last as well as one's own. Maybe something to do with the anti-rejection drugs?

Any thoughts on Mr Best, He's been dicing with death for a good while now after years on the lash! Just how long will liver number two last I wonder? :)  :)

I read somewhere that transplanted livers don't last as well as one's own. Maybe something to do with the anti-rejection drugs?

SKY NEWS :

"George Best in intensive care after kidney infection"

Any thoughts on Mr Best, He's been dicing with death for a good while now after years on the lash! Just how long will liver number two last I wonder? :)  :)

SKY NEWS :

What? Again?

SKY NEWS :

What? Again?

Must be a strong contender for 2006.

Guest iain

George Best is reported to be in intensive care and fighting for his life this afternoon as his new kidney starts to pack in.Looks like he has finally paid the ultimate price for h is sins.I cant say i will shed too many tears if he dies in coming days as n ow seems likely.

[Topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Guest iain

is a kidney infection worse than a liver infection?

George Best is reported to be in intensive care and fighting for his life this afternoon as his new kidney starts to pack in.Looks like he has finally paid the ultimate price for h is sins.I cant say i will shed too many tears if he dies in coming days as n ow seems likely.

[Topics merged -- MH]

I always think that the concept of "fighting" for one's life is a bit strange. How exactly does one fight?

The caption underneath Best's photo in this BBC article dated 19th August 2002 says it all...

George Best has said he will never drink again
:lol:

Presumably he said that every single time he sobered up and the full gravity of his hangover began to take its toll. Déja-vu all over again?

Let's get him on the 2006 DL. B)

As an aside, the article also states that he required 40 units of blood during the marathon 10-hour transplant op. As a regular blood donor (I know, I know, I'm on remarkably shaky moral high-ground here) I'm dismayed that so much useful blood was given to this living, breathing example of why some people should have "Do Not Resuscitate" tattooed on their foreheads. He surely has nothing left to contribute to society. Put him on a Glenlivet I.V. and let him slip away. :ph34r:

As an aside, the article also states that he required 40 units of blood during the marathon 10-hour transplant op. As a regular blood donor (I know, I know, I'm on remarkably shaky moral high-ground here) I'm dismayed that so much useful blood was given to this living, breathing example of why some people should have "Do Not Resuscitate" tattooed on their foreheads. He surely has nothing left to contribute to society. Put him on a Glenlivet I.V. and let him slip away. :ph34r:

Is blood cheaper than Glenlivet?

Is blood cheaper than Glenlivet?

Only as raw material.

regards,

Hein

Just how many times has George Best been at death's door in the last few years? I think its high time a "three strikes and your're out" rule was introduced for such people.

Just how many times has George Best been at death's door in the last fewe years? I think its high time a "three strikes and your're out" rule was introduced for such people.

One strike would be better ... then that liver could have gone to a more deserving recipient.

Guest iain

should we all pray for his early demise or would that be horrible and nasty?

George Best will be dead by Friday - I can feel it in my waters.

:ph34r:

I can feel it in my gin & tonics

I don't believe you.

It was Banshees told you, admit it!

It would be an odd sort of atmosphere if he did die. I remember when Eric Morecame died at a similar age in 1984, and although it had been on the cards,(Morecame had heart by-pass surgery in 1979) there was genuine sadness when he died. When Best goes, there will be the enevitable acknowledgement of his greatness as a footballer, but after that, it would be an uncomfortable air when we reflect on how he subsequently pissed that great talent up the wall.

If it is only his kidney that is the problem, It's very unlikely to kill him.

As we can see from the case of Niki Lauda.

It's his liver actually .....

It's his liver actually .....

Kidney

Now you're making me hungry...mmm...kidneys.

Now you're making me hungry...mmm...kidneys.

Hmm, marinated liver.

regards,

Hein