Catherine

George Best

Now you're making me hungry...mmm...kidneys.

Hmm, marinated liver.

regards,

Hein

Hmmm...Sounds like cannibalism.

We ought to be careful about seizing every titbit that comes from the news, like some 24-hour news channel, or we wont know what's going on or where we're going!

We had this with the Pope.

Let me know when he's popped it....

There's a great story on Wikipedia,

Best often tells a story of a bellboy who entered his hotel room with breakfast in the early 1970s. Seeing Best drunk, in bed with the current Miss World, with a magnum of champagne and several thousand pounds of cash won from a nights gambling, the youth exclaimed, "George, where did it all go wrong?"

Class that is, class. I suspect that what we're seeing in George is someone 30 years past his best-by date. A sportsman of note in these here parts, when asked if he might be concerned about being seen as a has been, said "Better to be a has been, than a never was."

Oh to have a second liver to spoil and grow.

We ought to be careful about seizing every titbit that comes from the news, like some 24-hour news channel, or we wont know what's going on or where we're going!

We had this with the Pope.

Let me know when he's popped it....

I like that new sig.It's John Belushi in The Rutles isn't it?

Lung

Edit: dammit the link has gone. It said that the infection could be in his lungs.

Riveting link, Miss Janeo.

Anyone up for a word association thread?

all the best fora have one, I'm told. :)

personally i hope that geore best dies hes wasted his seond chance. i understand that its hard to stop drinkin but hes go the help avaliable to him. :)

Riveting link, Miss Janeo.

Anyone up for a word association thread?

all the best fora have one, I'm told. :)

Not my fault! Sometime while I was pasting the link it disappeared!!

He's got to be worth a punt for 2006 though, surely! :) Do you see him lasting another 15 months? Chuck Alex Higgins on as well for company.

He's got to be worth a punt for 2006 though, surely! :) Do you see him lasting another 15 months? Chuck Alex Higgins on as well for company.

I agree with you on that one. He would be a good selection for next years deathlist.

George Best will be dead by Friday - I can feel it in my waters.

:referee:

Think my waters might need reprogramming, given that he's showing good signs of recovery.

You'd better not mention the Hurricane! The ranting on the Higgins-thread could only be ceased by closing it.

(One of the most amusing threads on the forum, it was!)

I don't remember that! :referee: Just before my time it appears. Funny how these "hellraisers" attract such loyal supporters.

I must express my dismay on the lack of a thread to discuss the ledgendary "Huricane". I like many others have much to say on the subject.

Why dont they give George another liver ? He seemed to get quite a good milage out of the last one considering it was second hand. Maybe other members feel the same?

Why dont they give George another liver ? He seemed to get quite a good milage out of the last one considering it was second hand. Maybe other members feel the same?

Maybe from one lady owner? Only used to drink communion wine on Sunday's?

He's only had the new liver for 3 years - that doesn't sound like very good mileage. Anyway, who'd consent for their dead relative's liver to be donated to George? It's be more useful to fry it up with a few onions (yummy).

He's only had the new liver for 3 years - that doesn't sound like very good mileage. Anyway, who'd consent for their dead relative's liver to be donated to George? It's be more useful to fry it up with a few onions (yummy).

Perhaps they should give hime a Polar Bears liver

Or even with some fava beans and a nice chianti. B)

He's only had the new liver for 3 years - that doesn't sound like very good mileage. Anyway, who'd consent for their dead relative's liver to be donated to George?  It's be more useful to fry it up with a few onions (yummy).

Or even with some fava beans and a nice chianti. B)

Mmmmm. Send me the recipe, Mr Lecter.

He's only had the new liver for 3 years - that doesn't sound like very good mileage. Anyway, who'd consent for their dead relative's liver to be donated to George?  It's be more useful to fry it up with a few onions (yummy).

Or even with some fava beans and a nice chianti. :sicktherm:

Mmmmm. Send me the recipe, Mr Lecter.

Lechter's Liver with Fava Beans

Is there some rule about not nominating people suffering from drug or alcohol addictions?

I don't think there is.

Has George Best been nominated for DL before?

Has George Best been nominated for DL before?

No.

regards,

Hein