Catherine

George Best

QUOTE (themaninblack @ Oct 9 2005, 06:47 PM)

Has George Best been nominated for DL before?

No.

regards,

Hein

No. That's a suprise, all those years in the headlines. But he's still alive so thats good judgement then...

There is another George Best thread right here.

[Mods, please merge - Done -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

He's getting better .... until he goes on another bender. How much longer can his body take the abuse he gives it?

He's getting better .... until he goes on another bender.  How much longer can his body take the abuse he gives it?

It is bound to catch up with him sometime. With so many close calls, if he is put on the list, George Best could become deathlist's new Clive Dunn.

He's getting better .... until he goes on another bender.  How much longer can his body take the abuse he gives it?

It is bound to catch up with him sometime. With so many close calls, if he is put on the list, George Best could become deathlist's new Clive Dunn.

Under the heading "George's NOT Best"

Under the heading "George's NOT Best"

That's a good one! ;)

Guest iain

aCCORDING TO REPORTS TONIGHT HES STILL fighting various infections in intensive care.Still doesnt look too good for him.I would not rule out death by years end

George Best has taken a turn for the worse apparently according to his ex-wife Alex....

No sympathy for the waster. Its my opinion that he can now be officially classified as an oxygen thief.

No sympathy for the waster. Its my opinion that he can now be officially classified as an oxygen thief.

Harsh but true ;) .......

ITV news and a lot of the newspaper front pages are saying Best is soon to be laid to Rest.

Guest Joy

Hello, another newbie.

Apparently he is bleeding internally and his pop was supposed to have been sent for a few days ago.

Guest iain

hes fightiong for his life..the next few days will be critical according to his doctor..word is its over for him.he'l be dead by the weekend

Hello, another newbie.

Apparently he is bleeding internally and his pop was supposed to have been sent for a few days ago.

Sounds like a priest would be more fitting .. well, it's best not to leave these things to chance I always think.

George Best has taken a turn for the worse apparently according to his ex-wife Alex....

Here's a link

Damn, I was hoping that he would at least last until Jan 1st, 2006. In his present condition, I would be very surprised if he is alive 1 week from now.

Guest iain

THINGS HAVE DETERIORATED OVERNIGHT..his entire family are now gathered at his bedside and he has lost consciosness since yesterday afternoon after an operation.He nearly died twice apparentely.It look slike his family may have to decide whetehr or not to switch off his life support machine or not.

Another link as per the others posted recently from Best to Worst . I love the last line on the page,

He once famously said: "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

You're alright with me George.

I heard on the radio news that he's had surgery which is what caused the internal bleeding. Things don't sound too good for him.

I've got mixed feelings - one one hand it's his own fault for abusing his body, but part of me feels sorry for him because he couldn't help it. Whatever, he was a fantastic footballer in his day.

I hope he hangs on till 2006 so I can have him in my DDP squad.

This is most inconsiderate behaviour by Mr Best, he would have been first on my list for 2006.

The prognosis does not look very good, I would concur with Iain's theory that he will be dead before the weekend.

George should get one last drink in before last orders.

George should get one last drink in before last orders.

I heard he's on life support. Maybe they could put some alcohol in his drip.

Imagine the flames at the crematorium! :eshock:

He nearly died twice apparentely.

Wow, that sounds like a miracle!

This sounds like one of those condition deteriotating announcments you get just before they check out. I wonder if he'll last the week?

Guest iain

he may not last the day