Catherine

George Best

I think we're deep into injury time here and the ref's looking at his watch.

:sicktherm:

Looks like we may have a period of extra-time . . .

And even a replay (more booze)

Don't despair too soon: the ref might be wrong.

Can someone tell me exactly how one "fights" for one's life?  It might be useful if I ever have a serious illness.

Well I remember the poem, "Do not go gently into that dark night, but rage, rage against the dying of the light." (Larkin? Blake? :sicktherm: ) Although it doesn't sound as if he's doing much raging.

Dylan Thomas I beleive.

T0_-1_852111.jpg

"The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." - George Best, 2005

Guest Guest

They are having fun at B3ta.com at George's expence :sicktherm:

Not gone yet

Guest Guest_Grim_Rita

Anyone seen the film Best? :)

This one? No. It bombed, I see. maybe they should've got Robbie Williams in the title role. He likes his footie, and he might have had the chutzpah to carry it off.

'Best' was - it must be said - a sorry excuse for a film. Did no justice to his footballing skill and less to the man himself since the main performance was so lacking in charisma.

I've never seen the film but I'll be looking out for it now...Roger Daltrey as Rodney Marsh!

Presumably so you can keep on avoiding it.

Nope, I do actually want to see it. It has to be a candidate for 'Worst Waste of Lottery Funding to the British Film Council' Award.

Although it may have some competition...

'Janice Beard 45wpm anyone?

Thought not.

I've never seen the film but I'll be looking out for it now...Roger Daltrey as Rodney Marsh!

Nope, I do actually want to see it. It has to be a candidate for 'Worst Waste of Lottery Funding to the British Film Council' Award.

Thought not.

So the link is Patsy Kensit, right?

DWB :)

Thought not.

So the link is Patsy Kensit, right?

DWB :)

I'd say yes.

Guest iain

to be honest i think i was a bit too positive earleir on when i said he was improving.Its clear hes still gravely ill with just a small chance of pulling through.Sorry if i raised anyones hopes of him recovering prematurely

Dont have a lot of time for this guy as he's more famous for being a drunk than he ever was for being a footballer BUT, when he retired from football aged 27 he went to play for Barry Fry at Dunstable whose gates were 2000 or so on the first game he played over 23000 turned up and Dunstable ground to a halt.

In this weeks 442 mag he picks his all time eleven and lo and behold he has chosen the best player to my mind who was the late great "Slim Jim Baxter"

Think it time to go now George!

Think it time to go now George!

Hopefully not. I want to have his name on my next years's ddp.

Dont have a lot of time for this guy as he's more famous for being a drunk than he ever was for being a footballer

Tsk! Tsk!

Without doubt one of the Greatest Footballers ever, as those who were able to see him play will testify to, or just watch the videos now, absolute class.

But I have little sympathy for him post-football. A bad drunk, liver transplant, another chance at life and he still pi**ed it all away.

Whatever, thanks for the great memories and being the legend you are.

Guest Guest_Grim_Rita

Was really surprised at what a good actor Daltrey was in Best. :D

He would have had to be, at 56 years old playing a footballer in his 20s. The make-up people can't do miracles.

Think our Georgie boy is gonna last a bit longer as all the alchohol is preserving him.....

Hanging on in there, deteriorating fast, getting better, taking a turn for the worst, on the road to recovery, his health is like the arm of the barmaid pulling his pint! ;)

He was a good footballer, he had money and he did what he wanted with it, but for all you children out there......

"Drinking seriously can damage your health" :D

It's debatable whether he will last til the end of the year!

:o VIENNA

xxxxx

Guest Guest

If he does manage it, then he's got to be a dead cert (no pun intended) for next year's list. Surely not all that preservative can keep him going that long! :D

Guest iain

hes continuing to improve.It really does look now as if he will recover from this and be back to boozing and womanising before long.It really is true that only the good die young! :banghead:

hes continuing to improve.It really does look now as if he will recover from this and be back to boozing and womanising  before long.It really is true that only  the good die young! :banghead:

That's a good sign. All he needs to do now is to stay alive until Jan 1st, 2006. B)