Catherine

George Best

I voted yes as well.  Even though George is critically ill, he has demonstrated an extrodinary will to live and hopefully it will be enough to get him through this year.

Rather he has an extraordinary will to get another G & T down his throat...

Guest iain

Well 24 hours has passed with still no sign of improvement.Hes now been taken off sedation so we should know by tomorrow if hes going to be able to regain conscioousness or not.If he doesnt,its all over for him.

Guest iain

he has not regained consiousness.It looks like its finally over for him

I voted yes as well.  Even though George is critically ill, he has demonstrated an extrodinary will to live and hopefully it will be enough to get him through this year.

Do leave off. How is drinking yourself to death demonstrating the will to live?

millwall, I wish you would read my post before commenting on it. I meant the "will to live" in the context of George continuing to fight his illness while in critical condition. Many people had thought that he was going to die 3 weeks ago and had written him off, but he is still alive.

Fair comment. But it was an ambiguous post on your part.

Ive ranted on about this pathetic wa**nker elsewhere plenty , but as he is now going to die I hope here's one last word.

This man has become the icon that destroyed football and introduced us to the drunken fan , he also has a part in propogating the culture that is accpeted as normal behaviour , go out and get falling down drunk , start a fight , throw up , get arrested , and embarrass yourself and your sountry . Cracking just another friday night out.

He has wasted probably the best opportunity a celebity has had to promote tyhe causes and effects of alcoholism , to raise awarness and money for treatment and to put and end to our drink culture . This man is guilty of a wasted life , good riddance , and I for one will be dropping by to p*ss on his grave.

Oh yeah , I am an alcoholic , I am sober .

Hell, and I thought he was just a gifted footballer who'd f***ed up his life. That's a lot to lay at one celebrated alcoholic's door when loads of others, from Oliver Reed to high street pub chains, have done their bit to promote the party culture too. Oh yeah, and since when was George Best famous for 'starting' fights?

Guest iain

Look slike George may last till 2006 after all! Hes now started to regain consciousness and is responding to people around him.Too early to say hes going to survive this,but there is hope it seems!

Look slike George may last till 2006 after all! Hes now started to regain consciousness and is responding to people around him.Too early to say hes going to survive this,but there is hope it seems!

Around here wouldnt hope mean he was about to buy the farm? Kick the bucket? Become part of a worm farm?

Guest iain

yeah but they want him to last till 2006 so they can have a deathlist hit,because hes not on this years list

We should start a poll on which date Bestie will die, seeing as how everyones convinced this is it! ;)

We should start a poll on which date Bestie will die, seeing as how everyones convinced this is it! ;)

His near death report may have been overated. Just to clarify

not to disappoint. ;)

Would be ironic if he died today, when pubs and clubs get longer opening hours! ;)

Apparently he "had a bad night". He should be used to that by now.

Guest iain

He probably had a bad night because hes stuck in intensive care while the pubs get longer opening hours!

Maybe they should put booze in his drip.

He's back on the ventilator.

Would be ironic if he died today, when pubs and clubs get longer opening hours!  ;)

I suspect that George's fantastic will to live and the introduction of 24 hour drinking are not unconnected.

He better croak it by the end of the year: I have a curry riding on this one.

"Unlikely to recover" could be a good sign for DL. In my experience what that's meant is that the patient tends to stave off death for the moment and linger for a while until their body finally gives up.

It may also be a good sign that the day I renew my picks for my Rotten Deadpool is the same day as his birthday - May 22... if anyone wants to read into that.

No improvement this morning. The doctors have said that he can't keep hanging on indefinitely if he doesn't improve.

"Worst night yet"

Maybe he knows about us and is hanging on in case he ends up on the 2006 list. Then he can curl his toes up on Jan 1st and have the honour of being the first to pass of the New Year

Maybe he knows about us and is hanging on in case he ends up on the 2006 list. Then he can curl his toes up on Jan 1st and have the honour of being the first to pass of the New Year

Love your avatar!