Catherine

George Best

Guest Hospital Insider

......and gone

......and gone

If that's true, it would seem that we were right about the timing of the change to licensing laws. Good work, hospital insider! :)

Of course, if you're just another troublesome drive-by "informant", curse you for getting our hopes up :)

RIP George (only joking). I hope you burn like an over-brandied xmas pudding. Which, let's face it, you will if cremated. :lol:

Guest iain

George Bests consultant is telling people to prepare for Bests death later today.All hope for a recovery is now gone.

The suspense is killing me. Should we start guessing exactly when he'll croak? Put me down for 5.12pm UK time.

Definitely on his way out.

Put me down for 8:27pm (GMT)

Typical of Bestie to steal the limelight for soooo long!

Why doesn't he croak it suddenly like a proper footballer like Johnny Haynes?

Awaiting an update from his doc, telling us that Best is really, really, really, really, REALLY Bad!

I fancy a nighter.....10:48pm

16:30 GMT. Does the winner get free DL merchandise? :)

I reckon they'll announce it late afternoon so we can enjoy some obits on the evening news.

Didn't he declare himself bankrupt a few years ago? Who'll pay his hospital bill? It must run into tens of thousands.

Guest iain

I think he'll strugglre on till tomorrow unless his family decide to switch off his life support machine this afternoon

Poor George, looks like he shall be gone by the end of the night (5PM?).

New topic, will his death prompt Manchester United fans to swamp to deathlist and beat our current record for 'most users online' at any one time?

if only his international career was as long as his dying days, he'd have won 100 caps for sure

I expect they will first ring the bell at 10:50pm then again at 11:00pm. Finally, he will depart at about 11:20pm......unless of course the Cromwell Hospital has a 24 hour licence to provide medical care.

It would be appropriate!

When during the hullabaloo concerning Best when he goes (tributes, obituaries etc), watch out for the Parsons and his usual contrary view in the Daily Mirror. Last year when John Peel died, when everyone was unanimous about Peel's significance in music, Parson stuck out like a sore thumb and declared his hatred for him. If the general consenus is of 'great player, wasted talent', expect the contrary one to celebrate his lifestyle and bollocks to the naysayers (and probably the following day taking aim at 24-hr drinking to confirm his consistancy). If whoever, the press casually ignore Bestie's proclivities in favour of his achievements on the pitch, wait for the reverend Parsons to clamber into the pulpit and rage against his womanizing,aldulterous,drinking,violent ways lest we forget....

Apparently his organs are going to be donated .... does anyone need a pickled kidney?

Guest iain

Latest news....hes donating his organs ...i wonder how much theyll get on ebay for them?

Guest I didn't even have the salmo

He must be dead, just went past the butchers and they've got a sign outside saying "Best Liver for sale"

He must be dead, just went past the butchers and they've got a sign outside saying "Best Liver for sale"

:):lol::)

Freddie Mercury died on this day back in 1991. Maybe Bestie is a Queen fan? :)

"Time, gentlemen, please!"

Around eleven is my guess.

Oh ... 12.15 pm tomorrow.

Just before the news.

Try putting George Best's details into the deathclock and see what the result is ...

DOB 22/5/1946

Height : 5 ft 8" (Weird Site) :blink:

Pre-Illness Weight : 168 lb

Current Weight : 84 lb.

I've assumed, he's pessimistic.

Didn't he declare himself bankrupt a few years ago? Who'll pay his hospital bill? It must run into tens of thousands.

The Mail on Sunday said he faced more financial problems after seven weeks at Cromwell Hospital which it estimated to cost up to 100,000 pounds (145,000 euros, 171,000 dollars). It did not say how much would be covered by insurance.

Quoted from here