Catherine

George Best

I see he reached his'Best before' date. I read an interesting letter asking why there was B A coverage of the oldest surviving Scottish veteran of WW1 dying at 108, yet a washed up footballer merits specil bulletins and mulittudinous Tv remembrance programmes. He has a point methinks. I think by now he was more famous for being famously drunk than for hs football prowess. And before anyone gets on a high horse I think he was a great footballer and I have been a MU supporter since I was knee high to a grasshopper in Zim.

Interesting to note that before some matches today, there was a minutes applause rather than a minutes silence. I wonder if that might start to become standard for football figures that peg it, so as not to suffer the indignity of a minutes silence ruined by a minority, which happened today at Man City (Liverpool) and Millwall (Leed Utd)...

Interesting to note that before some matches today, there was a minutes applause rather than a minutes silence. I wonder if that might start to become standard for football figures that peg it, so as not to suffer the indignity of a minutes silence ruined by a minority, which happened today at Man City (Liverpool) and Millwall (Leed Utd)...

As a footballer, Best was hated by everyone apart from Man U fans! Did anyone expect anything other than jeers and applause, from Leeds and Man City?

B A coverage of the oldest surviving Scottish veteran of WW1 dying at 108,

Arthur Anderson had a chance to play in one of the most historic football matches in history and pulled out. He only had himself to blame for the BA coverage.

As a footballer, Best was hated by everyone apart from Man U fans! Did anyone expect anything other than jeers and applause, from Leeds and Man City?

Isn't that the case with every Man U player?

It was Liverpool fans that caused the rumpus at the City of Manchester stadium BTW.

Scored his last goal..... Rest in peace Georgie.

:ghost:

And just when 24 hour drinking laws have arrived in UK pubs & clubs too.... :blink:

:D VIENNA

xxxx

Oh ... 12.15 pm tomorrow.

Just before the news.

Am I cynical, or wot ?

<_<

bestall0ml.jpg

A great picture of him 'Kicking the Bucket!" <_<

Enjoyed the picture, anyone got any "George Best Jokes"? I heard someone start one yesterday whilst on the way out of the pub, sadly I didn't stop to earwig :D

Someone already posted the one about the butchers and 'Best liver for sale' further up this thread.

B A coverage of the oldest surviving Scottish veteran of WW1 dying at 108,

Arthur Anderson had a chance to play in one of the most historic football matches in history and pulled out. He only had himself to blame for the BA coverage.

Are accountants now playing football?

ps. Great website!

Enjoyed the picture, anyone got any "George Best Jokes"?

I'm kind of surprised that we haven't been utterly in-undated with George Best jokes! Despite the poll, to be honest it really wasn't a suprise to see him pass on to the 'other-side', but the part tht did make me laugh was the fact that we've just got the 24 hour drinking lark going on now and both of our 'legendary drinkers' missed it! :D

I can actually picture Best and Olivier both <_< to the sound of 'Last Orders'.

Arf arf.

Presumably people are aware - re football - that Arthur Anderson, as in the very old scotsman, was there when the British and German troops played football at Christmas 1914. Arthur himself opted not to turn out.

Arf arf.

Presumably people are aware - re football - that Arthur Anderson, as in the very old scotsman, was there when the British and German troops played football at Christmas 1914. Arthur himself opted not to turn out.

And naturally the Germans won on penalties.

Enjoyed the picture, anyone got any "George Best Jokes"?

I'm kind of surprised that we haven't been utterly in-undated with George Best jokes! Despite the poll, to be honest it really wasn't a suprise to see him pass on to the 'other-side', but the part tht did make me laugh was the fact that we've just got the 24 hour drinking lark going on now and both of our 'legendary drinkers' missed it! :D

I can actually picture Best and Olivier both <_< to the sound of 'Last Orders'.

I hadn't realised that Larry Olivier was a legendary boozer.

Or did you mean Oliver (Reed)?

Prof Williams goes to see George Best:-

Prof: "George, I've got good news and bad news."

George: "Give me the bad news."

Prof: "You have one hour to live."

George: "What's the good news?"

Prof: "It's Happy Hour !"

Prof Williams goes to see George Best:-

Prof: "George, I've got good news and bad news."

George: "Give me the bad news."

Prof: "You have one hour to live."

George: "What's the good news?"

Prof: "It's Happy Hour !"

I think we are being a bit harsh on him.

George had the piss taken out of him for years and it should stop now.

Afterall, what does he need a kidney dialisis machine for now.

(Not exactly accurate but it has undertones of alcoholism).

According to this Best had two secret daughters.

They can't be bringing this up in the hope of getting an inheritance because he didn't have a bean. In fact he even got his hospital treatment free (estimated cost £100,000)

From the article in the mirror.

"Best's wish to give body parts for transplants will not be granted because of the state of his organs."

Looks like he used it to the MAX. Not one peice of useful :blink:

SP

From the article in the mirror.

"Best's wish to give body parts for transplants will not be granted because of the state of his organs."

Looks like he used it to the MAX. Not one peice of useful :blink:

SP

Multiple organ failure is quite an efficient way to die really. I always think it's a shame if someone's heart packs in but they've got perfectly good kidneys & other organs.

:blink: Just announced..the pumps have ran dry and George has passed away.

Well called tick-tock

...and by the way. If we don't already have 24 hour drinking in this country what exactly did he die of?

Off he goes to the big glorious pub in the sky.

On the subject of 24 hour drinking I once drunk all day ... then fell over (or at least slumped) at about 10pm. It was my 21st birthday. I vowed never to drink that much again .... and I have kept my vow.

(YIPPEE ... my 1200th post!)