Catherine

George Best

According to this Best had two secret daughters.

They can't be bringing this up in the hope of getting an inheritance because he didn't have a bean. In fact he even got his hospital treatment free (estimated cost £100,000)

Yeah, that's true, he was absolutely broke. That's because Alex had skinned him in their divorce. I think she got about 400 grand. She'll do anything to get a few quid. Poor guy - he died absolutely skint.

I was just reading one of the Daily Mail threads about him when he was away on holiday in Malta and it said how upset he was about his marriage breakup. I'd be upset as well if I was married to a gold - digging little slut like her who was planning to skin me of my last 400,000 quid. Please don't lynch me for saying that.

Are you really that big a Best fan that you share all his life's amgst, Scot, or do you have some mentalist, stalking thing going on with Alex Best?

To be honest, and obviously hypothetically speaking, I think that if I was down to my last 400 grand and that worried about my wife 'skinning me for it', I think I might drink a little less and stop beating her up. You never know, it might save a few quid.

Either way, I don't think George is too worried about it all now, so maybe you should try and let it go too...seek closure, my good man. :angry:

Guest Guest
[snipped for brevity -- MH]

Are you really that big a Best fan that you share all his life's amgst, Scot, or do you have some mentalist, stalking thing going on with Alex Best?

To be honest, and obviously hypothetically speaking, I think that if I was down to my last 400 grand and that worried about my wife 'skinning me for it', I think I might drink a little less and stop beating her up. You never know, it might save a few quid.

Either way, I don't think George is too worried about it all now, so maybe you should try and let it go too...seek closure, my good man. :P

I was an avid fan of George, I won't deny it - but I could see Alex was a gold - digging slag the first time I met her.

You've met her?

Actually met her?

My level of concern has just considerably deepened.

I was an avid fan of George, I won't deny it - but I could see Alex was a gold - digging slag the first time I met her.

Harsh that, unless there's hard evidence. Best wasn't averse to gold-digging slags and her tolerance of him and the forgiveness she showed suggests she had a few good qualities in spades.

Harsh that, unless there's hard evidence. Best wasn't averse to gold-digging slags and her tolerance of him and the forgiveness she showed suggests she had a few good qualities in spades.

Yes, I think I recall seeing a few of her, ahem, good qualities when she was in the celebrity jungle that time... :)

I wish I could do that Sid James cackle.

my greatest player is still gorgeous glenda, socks round ankles, getting huffy in the middle of the park because no one would pass to him on a cold november saturday down white hart lane. but when he did get the ball... of course, i was adolescent then, and hadn't been going to live games for long, so that came into it... which is another factor to consider...

I am not sure if you are being serious, but every time the subject of the best footballer comes up I find myself thinking the same thing. The one he scored in the Park Lane end after a 'one-two' from a free kick from I think Ardiles, in the league cup against Manchester United was without doubt the finest thing I have ever seen on a football pitch.

Slave, it's a damn shame you weren't there when Paul Conway took on the entire Barnet defence in a Carlisle shirt in 1994, the move stared over on the left touchline when........

12,000 WORDS DELETED BY MODS

.....in the back of the net and we went mental!

Guest David

Hi, Brinsworth House Baiter, this is Scot's twin brother David. You're right - Alex was attractive and quite forgiving - so maybe calling her a grasping little slut was harsh. Could we please submit a short tribute to our late idol as it would've been his 60th birthday? Hi, George - greetings from two brothers who idolised you. Have a marvellous day and give our love to Sir Matt. Still remembered with love and warmth sleep tight. WE'll never forget you. All our love - David and Scot.

Guest Scot
You've met her?

Actually met her?

My level of concern has just considerably deepened.

Yeah, I met her when David and I flew to Spain on her Virgin Airlines flight. He fancied her.

Hi, Brinsworth House Baiter, this is Scot's twin brother David. You're right - Alex was attractive and quite forgiving - so maybe calling her a grasping little slut was harsh. Could we please submit a short tribute to our late idol as it would've been his 60th birthday? Hi, George - greetings from two brothers who idolised you. Have a marvellous day and give our love to Sir Matt. Still remembered with love and warmth sleep tight. WE'll never forget you. All our love - David and Scot.

Oh my god, there's two of you? I'm not sure the world can cope. I certainly don't think I can.

Oh my god, there's two of you? I'm not sure the world can cope. I certainly don't think I can.

I must confess that I also has sinful thoughts about Alex Best when she was photographed sunbathing in her garden after George had been arrested. I would post the link but I'm at work and shouldn't really be searching for "Alex Best topless" on google. :D

Guest David
[snipped for brevity -- MH]

I must confess that I also has sinful thoughts about Alex Best when she was photographed sunbathing in her garden after George had been arrested. I would post the link but I'm at work and shouldn't really be searching for "Alex Best topless" on google. :D

I know - I got into trouble once at college for scanning racy shots of her in the jungle on my mobile. I've loved her for years - although Scot didn't seem to. For those of you who don't know how I am, my name's David Ewan Smart, I'm 24, was born in Glasgow, I've got a twin brother called Scot and we're both soccer fanatics. By the way, who's that bloke whose statue sits outside the Riverside Stadium? We've wondered that for years.

[Two posts merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

By the way, who's that bloke whose statue sits outside the Riverside Stadium? We've wondered that for years.

That is the great, late Wilf Mannion, who your twin brother has never heard of, and who I've praised to the highest heaven already. My same advice goes to you as it does to your brother. Educate yourself about the man - you'll be in for a treat. You think Best's story after football was tragic? Read about Mannion's - it'll make you weep.

BTW, You call it "soccer"? Urgh.

Guest David

By the way, who's that bloke whose statue sits outside the Riverside Stadium? We've wondered that for years.

That is the great, late Wilf Mannion, who your twin brother has never heard of, and who I've praised to the highest heaven already. My same advice goes to you as it does to your brother. Educate yourself about the man - you'll be in for a treat. You think Best's story after football was tragic? Read about Mannion's - it'll make you weep.

Thanks, we will. Yeah, Scot and I call our beloved sport soccer - as most Scots do.

In fact, he tried to pull her all the way back.

I wonder how far back she went? Rather like a human elastic band, by the sound of it.

Guest Scot
In fact, he tried to pull her all the way back.
I wonder how far back she went? Rather like a human elastic band, by the sound of it.

He didn't manage to persuade her to come out on a date, though, although I got lucky with her mate.

[is this what you meant to say, Scot? -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Guest Scot
Anyone watch the funeral?

I saw the highlights of it on tv and it was a fitting tribute to such a great football player.

Football pays Best final respects

I did. David and I went to Belfast to see our cousin Paddy and we actually got into Stormont. But you know what I really was gobsmacked by? That doctor, Akeel Alisa (apologies if the spelling wasn't right, Doc) soliciting for organs!

soliciting for organs!

Oo er, missus! That's against the law in this country!

:)

Guest Scot
soliciting for organs!

Oo er, missus! That's against the law in this country!

:(

Might be, but that's what he did. As we were sitting there listening to the tributes, he was actually asking for organ donors. I must admit, I thought that was pretty insensitive.

Guest David

By the way, who's that bloke whose statue sits outside the Riverside Stadium? We've wondered that for years. Scot thought it was Raich Carter.

Thanks for telling me to read Wilf Mannion's book - although I am a Scot and far too young to know about him.

Guest David

By the way, who's that bloke whose statue sits outside the Riverside Stadium? We've wondered that for years. Scot thought it was Raich Carter.

Thanks for telling me to read Wilf Mannion's book - although I am a Scot and far too young to know about him.

By the way, did anyone see the George Best - Football Genius show on Sky3 last night? A few of the guys who were speaking on the show where ones I met that day at Stormont.

Thanks for the stuff on Wilf Mannion; assuming I didn't plan on reading the book is there a good online source that covers the story of his life after football?

Guest David
Thanks for the stuff on Wilf Mannion; assuming I didn't plan on reading the book is there a good online source that covers the story of his life after football?

Yeah, on the Middlesborough sites there is. I know he got his cheekbone fractured playing for England once - I saw the snippet in the Daily Telegraph Football Chronicles once.

The Ulster Bank are to issue a new £5 note next month with George's picture on it.

The Ulster Bank are to issue a new £5 note next month with George's picture on it.

Also prominently displayed, the words: Drinking Voucher.