Catherine

George Best

Guest iain

He'll still be alive 10 years from now probably! hES NOW STARTED TO REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS and is able to grip the hand of his friend and smile.Looks like the doctors will take him off the ventilator by tomorrow so ghe can breathe on his own.

He has got to be on the list for 2006 if he makes it to Jan 1st.

Guest iain

hes now sitting up and talking!what a waste of tears that was from Dennnis Law then!

He's still very ill though so there's still a good chance of a relapse. Failing that, he'll recover enough to leave hospital, hit the booze again & die next year. :)

He's still very ill though so there's still a good chance of a relapse.  Failing that, he'll recover enough to leave hospital, hit the booze again & die next year.  :)

I'm seriously considering him as a DDP 2006 team member. If he makes it to 2006, that is.

regards,

Hein

He's still very ill though so there's still a good chance of a relapse.  Failing that, he'll recover enough to leave hospital, hit the booze again & die next year.  :)

I'm seriously considering him as a DDP 2006 team member. If he makes it to 2006, that is.

regards,

Hein

Me too. He's an excellent candidate.

Tsk Tsk Soul Dracula, let me do the sums started playing pro soccer,1t 16/17 finished with man u at 27 and played in USA (not real soccer) and a handful of games at a plethora of clubs and was totall finished at 36, at best thats 20 years of which only 11 were quality,never played in a world cup, on the other side hes now 59 yrs old, by my maths thats 23 years as a womaniser, boozer, gambler, and wife beater!

Tsk Tsk SD methinks that you've made a mistake, dont let the coffin lid hit your arse on the way out!

He has got to be on the list for 2006 if he makes it to Jan 1st.

Hopefully a New Year's Eve binge will push him into intensive care for Jan 1st 2006 :) He could be the first one of the year!

According to BBC he's back in the Cromwell with breathing difficulties, so either swallowed the top off the bottle, or back in dire straits....

I wonder whether he's on BUPA, private hospital intensive care ain't cheap. Mind you could be on their frequent (near) dier special rate.

Guest iain

Bests doctor is saying he is 'very poorly' and fighting a severe infection..Thats significant because up till now hes always put a positive gloss on Bests condition even when he was supposedely at deaths door.Lord Lichfield was described as being very pooirly a few hurs before his death .

Guest iain

George Best has been rushed back into intensive care and is seriously ill with breathing problems

[Topics merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Guest iain

hes deteriorated in the last hour..Initial reports suggested Best had been moved due to breathing difficulties and that he was "perfectly stable". However, Professor Roger Williams appeared outside London's Cromwell Hospital telling reporters: "Mr Best is not so well and has had to be admitted back to the ITU (intensive treatment unit)."He has got a new and severe infection. He's on dialysis and he is very poorly at the moment."'

Its not looking very well at all for Mr Best at this hour....

How's this for a Man U conspiracy theory - George dies today - good day to bury bad news - let's announce we've lost the club captain because he's sick of being surrounded by overpaid donkeys...

Bugger, George hurry up and do the decent thing otherwise people might notice Roy's leaving...

Friends De-United

Guest iain

youve got a point..reporters are being summoined to a press conference at Bests hospital right now...has he finally croaked? :dead3:

It does indeed, again sound serious for Best.

How many times can he keep fighting off infection?

Surely the ref has to blow the full-time whistle soon.

Surely the ref has to blow the full-time whistle soon.

- Tempus that phrase right there could allmost

be compared to my classic deathlist graduate line. :(

Say one thing for the lad he doesnt want to go just yet......

:P

:( VIENNA

xxxxx

Hang in there George!

(At least until Jan 1st, 2006)

Hang in there George!

(At least until Jan 1st, 2006)

Just six more weeks. Come on George, you can do it!

regards,

Hein

This makes me nostalgic... watching you guys try and figure out when the Pope was going to die in those last few months. :(