Sign in to follow this  
Tempus Fugit

Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi

According to news reports Al-Zarqawi may be dead.

This is probably just a combination of media speculation and wishful thinking on the US forces part.

Even if he hasn't yet been killed, surely he can't evade death for much longer.

After all he is operating in Iraq unlike Bin Laden who is most likely hiding out in Pakistan's North Western frontier.

Being in the midst of the insurgency, his luck must run out soon.

He will live and love for a long while longer for he has work to do.......I don't know what kind of work but it si work.

Hi Folks

I was going to post my 100th about George Best - but since he is still hanging on, what better news to reply too, but about a man who needs hanging - in fact hanging would be too kind a fate to befall on him. To hear that he may have taken his own life in the middle of a gun battle just shows how much of a coward this evil man was. I'll wait to see if it were the case he was fatally involved in this event - but if not I'm voting that we bring back the act of "hung-drawn-&-quartered"

NY10711201949.jpeg

I found this picture surprising... he looks like any damn regular university student... so unlike all those other photos of him where he's gnashing his teeth or unshaven in some poorly lit room.

I wonder if they have pictures from Osama Bin Laden's bar mitzvah?

NY10711201949.jpeg

I found this picture surprising... he looks like any damn regular university student... so unlike all those other photos of him where he's gnashing his teeth or unshaven in some poorly lit room.

I wonder if they have pictures from Osama Bin Laden's bar mitzvah?

osama20bin20laden20and20alzarq.jpg

I found this picture even more surprising. :P

They were predicting the death of his second in command a couple of months ago, and it wasn't true. This is no doubt yet more of the same wishful thinking. Not that it'll make a lot of difference to the Iraqi situation if it's true - the US has managed to make so many enemies among the Sunnis there that there'll be no shortage of replacements.

Hopefully he will soon meet his demise.

I think al-Zarqawi would be a good selection for DeathList '06.

His luck will end soon, the Americans are determined to get him.

Normally I'd be against adding insurgents for various reasons, but just to stir the pot a bit, they do seem to have more of a drive to confirm his death than with most of their enemies (IE. Osama, al-Zawahiri etc.). I've never heard of them make such a big deal about using DNA tests for confirmation, never mind actually using the tests.

How many times have the Americans been anxious to just write off a body as the death of a "second in command" only to have that person pull a Lazurus on them?

One to consider, with some reservation perhaps.

What if we stick him on the 2006 list only to find that he died in say, December 2005 by gun shot to the head?

The simple fact is that we do not know where he is meaning we have no real information on his current status. But then again they could find him in a hole like Saddam.

It's a tricky one.

What if we stick him on the 2006 list only to find that he died in say, December 2005 by gun shot to the head?

The simple fact is that we do not know where he is meaning we have no real information on his current status.

That's one of my "various reasons" for sure. ;)

The simple fact is that we do not know where he is meaning we have no real information on his current status. But then again they could find him in a hole like Saddam.

It's a tricky one.

Unlikely as he has made recent statements,

If he was already dead I think the Americans would be aware of it or at least suspect it.

Anyway someone isn't officially dead until declared so. This would happen upon recovery of the body, not at the actual time of death.

I'm not sure if thats the official deathlist ruling. There was an incident with a missing famous person. It was said that we could not nominate them for 2006 because if they were to be found dead, they were likely to have died in 2005. (It was a Z lister Celeb so the name escapes me...).

I'm quite good with the unwritten deathlist constitution (In my opinion)... ;)

I'm not sure if thats the official deathlist ruling. There was an incident with a missing famous person. It was said that we could not nominate them for 2006 because if they were to be found dead, they were likely to have died in 2005. (It was a Z lister Celeb so the name escapes me...).

I'm quite good with the unwritten deathlist constitution (In my opinion)... ;)

Having read DeathList's unwritten rules, ;)

I think you'll find that someone is only dead when legally declared so.

For instance Lord Lucan was only declared legally dead in '99 even though he disappeared in '74.

Perhaps we should put this to the more experienced Mods or admin.

Because I believe that being legal declared dead without a body cannot count as a deathlist hit because we will never know when the individual died. For example, Lord Lucan could have died any time between 1979 and 1999 he may even still be alive.

On Al-zarqawi, this issue is not yet important. I was only saying....

Guest Guest

Did Al Lopez ever die?

Did Al Lopez ever die?

Indeed, and right after his team won the World Series. Poor old guy couldn't handle the shock.

The Proof

Well, if his body is found sometime next year and it's determined that he died sometime around the turn of the year, there'll be no way of knowing whether he died at the end of 2005 or at the beginning of 2006. You'll end up with a 'don't know for sure" on your 2006 list at that rate.

Did Al Lopez ever die?

Just recently the oldest MLB hall of famer did pass..

Sadly because a year before I did try to get him on the

list but since this is a british forum baseball is not a

british sport so he most likely wouldn't get an obituary

in the UK. ;)

We've lost so many threads already to people getting off topic. Let's not let this guest distract us from discussing this possibility. :)

al-Zarqawi is still going strong according to this article.

If the US forces can't kill or capture this man when he's right under their noses it doesn't bode well for Iraq's future.

MSNBC and CNN are both reporting in breaking headlines that Al-zarqawi has been killed.

How wonderful that would be. I believe in karma! Tenta is gone, but so is Al-zarqawi!