maryportfuncity

Peace Activists In Iraq - Brave Or Barmy?

Excellent Youth, it's proselytizing so a mark deducted for spelling but word usage was fine if Kember was indeed a member of the Christian God Squad, but I'm not sure he was, was he? I didn't see his white jerkin with the red fish.

Excellent Youth, it's proselytizing so a mark deducted for spelling but word usage was fine if Kember was indeed a member of the Christian God Squad, but I'm not sure he was, was he? I didn't see his white jerkin with the red fish.

you need to go to a different sort of website if you want to see white jerkin......

One has to say that when Fox's body was found, I thought Kember would be freed shortly, one way or another.

Partly as I felt, well if they've killed Fox, they would've killed all three of them, but also, wherever they left Fox's body would eventually lead to the special forces finding their lair.

I, for one, am pleased with this. I always felt very uncomfortable with those hostages being selected on the DDP, a la Kirsty Howard. Bit of a blow for Dave's Dead, Aye Dead Drunk though.....

Though I'm happy they've been rescued, I'm sure we've had the "what the hell were they doing there in the first place?" argument on this site. Suffice to say, while it's nice to see them alive, they made themselves fair game for DDP material. Kirsty Howard (who by the way, doesn't seem to have name censoring anymore) didn't choose to have her condition - there's a big difference.

It's not all that bad for DDADD though... as DDT said, Kember will still have issues to deal with for the rest of the year, if not the rest of his life, so his joker still has a small chance of popping off this year (though a greatly reduced one now it would seem). The other two are most likely lost causes for him though.

It's not all that bad for DDADD though... as DDT said, Kember will still have issues to deal with for the rest of the year, if not the rest of his life, so his joker still has a small chance of popping off this year (though a greatly reduced one now it would seem). The other two are most likely lost causes for him though.

I would think though if Kember can last through what he has done in pretty good health, I'd be surprised (although it would be highly ironic) if he did die soon.

I would think though if Kember can last through what he has done in pretty good health, I'd be surprised (although it would be highly ironic) if he did die soon.

Agreed. I wouldn't put him on a list, but life has a funny way of working sometimes...

Anyhow, am I the only one who finds it strange that this isn't on CNN's Front Page? Did the stop giving a sh*t after the American died? Natalee Holloway it seems is still making news however...

I'll be honest and say when I started this thread I never believed it'd go so long or end this way. Predicting death eh, sometimes it's a mug's game!

The name of his organisation is "Christian Peacemaker Teams", so I think their agenda is pretty clear. In first place bible-bashing, in second place peace. Although how walking around the streets of a Halibut country with a bible and trying to talk to locals does anything to help peace is a complete mystery to me.

Since seeing him back and on telly I think there is something quite creepy about the bloke. Why isn't he speaking about his ordeal? That's usually the sign of someone who has just signed a six figure deal with the News of the World.

I think the SAS should've left him at the mercy of the kidnappers..

With all the nastines that seems to be coming from Iran, I venture peace activists are pointless. I further posit a great quote from Tacitus, for only the most marginal of connected reason

"Rome created a Desert and called it Peace."