Sign in to follow this  
Anubis the Jackal

Tookie Williams

Tookie Williams is due to be executed on the 13th of December. A founder member of the Crips street gang who has since renounced violence and been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize 5 times now relies on good ol' boy Arnie Schwarzenegger to grant him a reprieve, but would he still be decent DL material if a stay of execution were to be granted?

I can't see a whole lot of sense in dragging death rowers into this mix since they are slated for death. Maybe a new section for death row people who are on the list to see who will make it to the chair/chamber/needle table on time since there are too many staysd of execution and since they are keptr insolitary usually it takes away the joy of other prisoners shanking them. Maybe you can put together a poll for that Anubis.

I can't see a whole lot of sense in dragging death rowers into this mix since they are slated for death. Maybe a new section for death row people who are on the list to see who will make it to the chair/chamber/needle table on time since there are too many staysd of execution and since they are keptr insolitary usually it takes away the joy of other prisoners shanking them. Maybe you can put together a poll for that Anubis.

I don't do polls, Mr. B.

I was merely thinking that Mr. Williams could well qualify for reasons other than the 'Big Sizzle.'

I'm not sure that there can be a stay of execution anymore, since the Supreme Court already turned him down. Arnie Schwarz could grant clemency, but that will just commute his sentence to life. Most likely, he'll either die before the end of the year, or not for some time.

Tookie Williams is due to be executed on the 13th of December. A founder member of the Crips street gang who has since renounced violence and been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize 5 times now relies on good ol' boy Arnie Schwarzenegger to grant him a reprieve, but would he still be decent DL material if a stay of execution were to be granted?

Picking someone already on death row, rather smacks of cheating.

Is Tookie famous enough anyway?

It would seem to me he's only really become famous since being sentenced to death as the reputation of the gang he helped to found has grown .

Guest chris34

good riddence to this murdering coward, never forget the innocent victims of tookie williams murderous rampage

At the end of the day, Brian, it's points in the bag what matters.

Maybe you can put together a poll for that Anubis.

I don't do polls, Mr. B.

:o:referee::lol:

Tookie Williams - A Gangsta you say?

Since I don't live in GB I wonder if they have any gangsters

roaming the streets?

What's a gangster? "Since our elder DL members may not know"

- One who wears there T - shirts many sizes to big

- Mainly only listens to music called rap

- If they are A smoker there most popular cigerette of

use would be called Newport.

- There language is a bit different - " Hangin out" is Chillen

and most people are refered to as Son or if a female "Ma Girl"

Those are the basics right there. Since i'm a young man I know

alot of people like this, and with the youth of our times being

gangster is quite common.

I don't think I could call myself gangster but I certainly don't like

all my cloths very tight and the sad but honest truth is most of

the girls are down with this new age style. Although I don't think

it would apply to anyone here besides perhaps some of our younger

members like Windsor or Honez?

Obviously being considerably older than young Honez, for me, the word gangster always brings to mind the likes of James Cagney and the cast of West Side Story.

Obviously being considerably older than young Honez, for me, the word gangster always brings to mind the likes of James Cagney and the cast of West Side Story.

For me, it's Al Capone. :(

Now, where did nurse put my zimmer......?

I never said Honez was A "Gangster" I said it appeals to his age

at this day in time.

I suppose though to some Gangster and Gangsta are two different things. :(

It would seem to me he's only really become famous since being sentenced to death as the reputation of the gang he helped to found has grown .

He's fairly well known in America, although this controversy certainly is getting his name out there. He was the co-founder of the Crips, which is THE gang of gangs, the essential cause and catalyst of gang violence in America.

Although he is trying to help cure the gang problem, that's probably due to the fact that he feels guilty for unleashing such a monster. This is another good question in debate about the death penalty because my point - that the execution of the innocent happens and is irreversable - is irrelevant in this case since he admits to founding the gang (although I can't remember if he admitted to the murders or not).

Anyhow, I'd say over here Tookie Williams is famous enough, and Arnie's decision tomorrow is going to provide the death penalty argument with fuel for years to come.

He's fairly well known in America, although this controversy certainly is getting his name out there. He was the co-founder of the Crips, which is THE gang of gangs, the essential cause and catalyst of gang violence in America.

Although he is trying to help cure the gang problem, that's probably due to the fact that he feels guilty for unleashing such a monster. This is another good question in debate about the death penalty because my point - that the execution of the innocent happens and is irreversable - is irrelevant in this case since he admits to founding the gang (although I can't remember if he admitted to the murders or not).

Anyhow, I'd say over here Tookie Williams is famous enough, and Arnie's decision tomorrow is going to provide the death penalty argument with fuel for years to come.

But was he famous in 1979, when he was sentenced to death?

I doubt it, my point being that he has only really become famous/infamous since being sentenced. Which would place him in the same category as people who have become famous since being diagnosed with a terminal illness. The death penalty being the equivalent of a long terminal illness.

Tookie claims he is innocent of the murders, but no Judge has ever been convinced enough to grant a retrial.

The chances of Arnie granting clemency are very, very slim.

Tookie claims he is innocent of the murders, but no Judge has ever been convinced enough to grant a retrial.

Tempus you are talking off the wall my friend. How could any

judge be convinced? How? It's Tookie Williams the leader of A

gang that commits tremendous crimes such as murder and it's

countless how many murders he even made.

I would give Tookie 2 tickets.

[] - Ticket one saids life sentence

[] - Ticket two says death.

Justice Scream QC has passed judgement. I'm not quite sure what it means but....

I was expressing no opinion on Tookie's guilt/innocence, merely stating a fact.

He says he's innocent, the Criminal Justice system thinks otherwise.

I was expressing no opinion on Tookie's guilt/innocence, merely stating a fact.

Well how about you express your opinion.

I doubt it, my point being that he has only really become famous/infamous since being sentenced. Which would place him in the same category as people who have become famous since being diagnosed with a terminal illness. The death penalty being the equivalent of a long terminal illness.

Indeed.

He's only famous because he's going to die sooner than his natural allotted span.

As for ol' Schwarzy, it depends on how he wants to be perceived by the public and his future career ...

hardline rightist politician ... or ...

populist film star.

Could be good for him to grant clemency if he goes back to films (and as his political career is probably stalled, he might not have much choice)

Indeed.

He's only famous because he's going to die sooner than his natural allotted span.

As for ol' Schwarzy, it depends on how he wants to be peceived by the public and his future career ...

hardline rightist politician ... or ...

populist film star.

Could be good for him to grant clemency if he goes back to films (and as his political career is probably stalled, he might not have much choice)

I wasn't around in 1979, so I honestly can't say. I do feel, however, that given the attention murderers get today, and especially since he was one half of THE street gang of America, there's a good chance that he was.

Apparentely a rapidly-beating heart didn't stop Arnie from holding Tookie William's clemency hearing.

As for his image? Well he's already denied clemency to a few prisioners (in fact, they wanted to take his Austrian citizenship away from doing so, since there's no death penalty in Austria), so I'm not too sure how this will affect his image. Then again, this case is more high profile than the others, so conceivibly it may.

I, for one, have no idea what Arnie is going to decide. It'll make for interesting news tonight I think.

Schwarzenegger has twice denied clemency appeals since coming to office in 2003.

The last California governor to grant clemency before an execution was Ronald Reagan in 1967

The odds aren't good then.

4 murders for which he had been convicted (I doubt that's all of them) as well as founding a gang responsible for scores more dead, drug trafficing, etc. etc....yeah, I think he's ready for the needle even given his efforts to drive kids away from gang life.

As far as innocence is concerned, has anyone ever walked into a prison and asked people if they were innocent of guilty (Criminology class in college, so I've asked)? Try it, most of them claim to be innocent. They could be found with the victim's blood on their hands and you'd hear "oh no, not me, didn't do it, I was just playing pattycakes with the red stuff on the ground next to the body and the knife with my fingerprints on it."

:ghost:

time's up Tookie.