Grim Reaper

Evel Knievel

I'll bet he lines some little toy buses up under that stairlift, just for old time's sake, you understand.

Okay, this thread begs the question; who was the crazy Brit nerd that jumped on the daredevil bandwagon years aog? It was Eddie something. Ski jumper, as I recall.

Okay, this thread begs the question; who was the crazy Brit nerd that jumped on the daredevil bandwagon years aog? It was Eddie something. Ski jumper, as I recall.

Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards, now studying to be a lawyer. (since 2001, so he's probably a poor student)

Just an idea, like. Mebbe he was sh*t at the lawyer training too and dropped out, only it would be embarrassing to have to admit that on top of everything else.

You know even with the odds stacked against him with his numerous conditions, Evel could turn out to be a tough ole boot. Just look at good ole Liz Taylor for example for surviving against the odds or Ronnie Biggs(or maybe not! trying to survive prison more like!) B)

He's already turned out to be a tough old boot, I've high hopes he'll turn into a pile of ashes well inside the Weatherman Deadpool deadline, by March 31st.

Other than that his nickname vaguely rhymes with Knievel and that both have launched themselves off platforms what's this doing here MPFC? It's not as if he's about to die.

Eddie was namechecked earlier on this thread in a general widening of the discussion to include another daredevil. I knew we'd discussed Eddie a few times and a search threw up this thread. Mebbe should've placed it on the anniversaries thread, or summat.

I've found the article from 2005.

Evel Knievel ill, readies gravestone

Compare him in this picture, to the one in May 2006:

Iller

A bit of a decline, but not shockingly bad.

Peter Benchley & Marlon Brando died from it. However as Brando also had dementia, liver cancer & heart problems, it's hard to gauge just how long it can take to kill someone.

The doctors said 3-5 years then, which would mean 2008-2010. I'm inclined to wait 12 months to put him on a DDP list if 2008 is the 1st year he might go....

Just thought I'd shed more light now this thread is back than the birthday of Edwards will.

Thanks for the update OoO. I was leaning towards including him on my list, but now I think I will leave him off until 2008.

Thanks for the update OoO. I was leaning towards including him on my list, but now I think I will leave him off until 2008.

That's my guess too - for what it's worth I've dropped him but pencilled him for 2008 (in theory)

However, a few words of caution/hope - since that interview in May, there's been very little news about him. Depends on if you believe no news is good news from DL point of view....

However, a few words of caution/hope - since that interview in May, there's been very little news about him. Depends on if you believe no news is good news from DL point of view....

New news - Evel Knievel suing Kanye West.

Looks as if he's got some life left in him yet.

Did anyone else have one of these beauties as a kid?

EKIDEALSTUNTL.JPG

If the real Evel's half as tough as toy Evel, we're in for a long wait.

EKIDEALSTUNTL.JPG

I had one of them!! It's weird as I was just trying to describe it to the wife last night as she was asking me about toy crazes in England

I remember mine also had a ramp too so you could get Evel to jump over boxes etc

Sadly mine was destroyed when Evel failed to leap over a small fire.

I really wish I had taken better care of my toys when I was younger.

My action man toy also met a terrible end when he was shot by a sniper while trying to escape across the garden using the washing line.

EKIDEALSTUNTL.JPG

My brother had something similar - it didn't have the launch ramp but it had one of those zip line thingies that you pulled out really fast and the bike took off. Ours took off one day, zoomed off the roof of the barn and smacked my dad in the head.

I have no idea what happened to it after that.

Go on Phantom, spoil yourself this Christmas

I had one of them!! It's weird as I was just trying to describe it to the wife last night as she was asking me about toy crazes in England

I remember mine also had a ramp too so you could get Evel to jump over boxes etc

Sadly mine was destroyed when Evel failed to leap over a small fire.

I really wish I had taken better care of my toys when I was younger.

EKIDEALSTUNTL.JPG

Yep, I had one too. Not that good really as Evel would make the bike turn to one side or the other and you would get very little distance out of the wind up trap type thing.

That, and Steve Austin 6 million dollar man and his rocket space ship that transformed into an opperating table - think I've still got them in a old toy box at my mum's house.

EKIDEALSTUNTL.JPG

No I didn't. I wanted one. You utter bastard. 30 years of hurt came flooding back after seeing that toy :banghead:

By the way what are vinegar tits? :rip:

:( It was a nickname given to one of the female prison warders (see avatar) in the Aussie TV programme 'Prisoner - Cell Block H' by the 'occupants' of the prison. I'm sure VT will be able to explain it better than me.

By the way what are vinegar tits? :rip:

:( It was a nickname given to one of the female prison warders (see avatar) in the Aussie TV programme 'Prisoner - Cell Block H' by the 'occupants' of the prison. I'm sure VT will be able to explain it better than me.

Yup. Named because she was sour and had an acid tongue. Vera Bennett (for it was she so-named Vinegar Tits) was a far better character than The Freak; yes she was a bitch but she was also human - who could forget her crushing disappointments when men she picked up in discos, not to mention fellow screw Jim Fletcher, didn't want to sleep with her or were worthless one night stands? And her alcohol problems, when she turned up to work tipsy. Great episode that was! Of course, she was governor at Barnhurst when Bea copped it in a riot too.

Someone stop me now, I can blither on about PCBH forever...

Thank you for clearing that up - I spent hours wondering if it was a man or a woman.

By the way what are vinegar tits? :devil2:

:lol: It was a nickname given to one of the female prison warders (see avatar) in the Aussie TV programme 'Prisoner - Cell Block H' by the 'occupants' of the prison. I'm sure VT will be able to explain it better than me.

Yup. Named because she was sour and had an acid tongue. Vera Bennett (for it was she so-named Vinegar Tits) was a far better character than The Freak; yes she was a bitch but she was also human - who could forget her crushing disappointments when men she picked up in discos, not to mention fellow screw Jim Fletcher, didn't want to sleep with her or were worthless one night stands? And her alcohol problems, when she turned up to work tipsy. Great episode that was! Of course, she was governor at Barnhurst when Bea copped it in a riot too.

By the way what are vinegar tits? :devil2:

:lol: It was a nickname given to one of the female prison warders (see avatar) in the Aussie TV programme 'Prisoner - Cell Block H' by the 'occupants' of the prison. I'm sure VT will be able to explain it better than me.

Ah yes, who could forget the walls moving when the cell doors closed. :)

Other than that his nickname vaguely rhymes with Knievel and that both have launched themselves off platforms what's this doing here MPFC? It's not as if he's about to die.

oh.. i always get confused with these two, in fact i thought they were same person