Grim Reaper

Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel is reported in today's Sunday Times to be preparing for death.

"He is dying, we are preparing for it. He is ready to meet God and ask him why he made some of his jumps too short,” said his 44-year-old son.

And son Robbie plans to honour him by leaping double decker buses at Wembley next year. It's too much to ask - surely - that we get a Knieval a year for two years.

Evel Knievel has evidently found God (He was down the back of the sofa all the time), and is convinced that he is "a long ways (sic) from dying". Definitely not a deathbed conversion, then. :referee:

Re the finding of God

On April 1, 2007, Knievel announced to a worldwide audience that he "believed in Jesus Christ" for the first time. He professed his personal faith in Christ to more than 4,000 people who gathered inside the Crystal Cathedral for Palm Sunday services in Garden Grove, California.[1] The service was telecast to over 100 countries on the Hour of Power via satellite on April 22, 2007.[2]

It has that Tammy Faye ring of making a media circus out of every twist of life. Do we have any supporters of The Crystal Cathedral posting hereabouts?

Well enough to be engaging in an out of court settlement with Kayne West.

Evel Knievel to make final appearence.

Of particular interest is the phrase "three weeks since his second stroke."

:huh:

There's going to be a programme at Christmas, where Richard Hammond will meet Evel Knievel, so we'll be able to see how long he lasts....

There's going to be a programme at Christmas, where Richard Hammond will meet Evel Knievel, so we'll be able to see how long he lasts....

The bit where they discuss their respective experiences of intensive care should be interesting.

Blimey, would you believe it! And there I was mulling on whether to have him graduate from my WDP to my DDP for 2008...

oh well that's another name I can cross off my list for next year

So Kanye making up with him was a last minute death-bed stunt. I really have to keep one eye open for situations like these. At first I actually said to myself 'how ironic' ... but now I realize how it was not ironic at all.

He wasn't on my list anyway.

oh well that's another name I can cross off my list for next year

He would have been on my next year's list as well.

I'd been dithering about whether he'd take up position number 20 in the DDP next year, but after seeing the Kayne West photo, I decided Evel was in.

And then he goes & dies, the selfish bugger.

No regrets not picking him in 2007, I honestly thought he'd make another year, but it's not all bad - he was on my CPDP - a first hit for my "normal" team.

Least I was right Knievel wouldn't make 70 yesterday. Suppose that scraps the Hammond TV interview of DL interest...

Ya fekin' beauty............................... I got him on HDP. :birthday2: we arra peepelll.

Better The (D)evel You Know

or is that too obscure?

Well done to all those who picked him! Costs me a place on the DDP board, but finally gets me a hit on my own pool. I'm going to take a page out of the WDP book and create a temporary home for the CPDP on Googlepages (just the Hall of Scores for now), so that you can at least see where you all rank while I sort out the website issues.

The conversation could be a bit one-sided ...