Magere Hein

Deathlist Forum Milestone

Let me be the first to congratulate Deathlist.net forum with its 10,000th message.

Regards,

Hein

Guest One Man Jury
Keep 'm coming

That used to be the catchphrase of the Madam at my local brothel.

Keep 'm coming

That used to be the catchphrase of the Madam at my local brothel.

Excellent business advice.

regards,

Hein

I was just looking at the stats on the home page and noticed we had 0ver 300 people on-line at once on the morning of 9th November? Why? What was so special about that day?

I was just looking at the stats on the home page and noticed we had 0ver 300 people on-line at once on the morning of 9th November? Why? What was so special about that day?

It was indeed the Emlyn Hughes death and an orgy of abusive scousers popped onto the DL to say Hi.

The forum was creaking badly under the pressure that day - sadly not from decent tributes to Emlyn.

The 1,000,000 hits mark is almost here, tomorrow morning the site meter will show this auspicious figure.

In the immortal words of young Mr.Grace " You've all done very well" :)

The  1,000,000  hits mark is almost here, tomorrow morning the site meter will show this auspicious figure.

In the immortal words of young Mr.Grace " You've all done very well"  ;)

TF, do you plan to make 1000+ posts before tomorrow morning? Or can you rely on others to do so? :)

The  1,000,000  hits mark is almost here, tomorrow morning the site meter will show this auspicious figure.

In the immortal words of young Mr.Grace " You've all done very well"  :D

TF, do you plan to make 1000+ posts before tomorrow morning? Or can you rely on others to do so? :lol:

Tempus is on the verge of becoming the leading poster on this forum.

He trails Heaven Can Wait by a single post.

Come on Tempus, you know you can do it! :P

In the immortal words of young Mr.Grace " You've all done very well"  :D

TF, do you plan to make 1000+ posts before tomorrow morning? Or can you rely on others to do so? :lol:

It's site hits, not posts,

Friday morning by my calculations will be the 1,000,000 mark.

I'm guessing about 9.45 AM.

I caught the 999,000th recorded hit at 32 minutes and 10 seconds after 8 o'clock (UK time). Did anyone notice when the site meter was installed?

I caught the 999,000th recorded hit at 32 minutes and 10 seconds after 8 o'clock (UK time). Did anyone notice when the site meter was installed?

That's one for the Admins,

but I'm guessing it was installed at the same time the Forum started, just over 2 years ago.

Someone with a lot of time on their hands could just reload the front page 900 or so times. :lol:

Within these 1,000,000 views i'm sure some very fascinating people

have come by to visit including some of the rich and famous.

showing exactly 1,000,000 at the moment.

do I win £5?

do I win £5?

No, I think you've won the opportunity to make us all a nice cup of tea.

Two sugars please.

Could a mod please remind us newcomers when the site went online for the first time.

It strikes me that - given the rapid Internet expansion - we'll hit 2,000,000 posts in something around a third of the time it took to hit a million. Does anyone with a role in managing the site want to guess when the double million will come up?

At the current rate the whole world population will have looked at DL in 6500 years' time. :lol:

Within these 1,000,000 views i'm sure some very fascinating people

have come by to visit including some of the rich and famous.

Ah, have I been rumbled?

do I win £5?

No, I think you've won the opportunity to make us all a nice cup of tea.

Two sugars please.

One lump or two?

p2638299_l.jpg

By which point the entire population will have been made up of Elvis impersonators for about 20 years. I'm tellin' ya, I can hardly wait.

Well gosh Maryportfuncity...............I'm all shook up :D:lol::D:D:D:P:D:lol::D:lol:

Could a mod please remind us newcomers when the site went online for the first time.

It strikes me that - given the rapid Internet expansion - we'll hit 2,000,000 posts in something around a third of the time it took to hit a million. Does anyone with a role in managing the site want to guess when the double million will come up?

The site went online in late 1996 - but I have just realised the counter is badly flawed as it only records hits on the home page.

The full site (including the forum) itself gets about 300,000 page views each month from about 40,000 unique visitors.

2005 so far - 3.5 million page views from 481,000 unique visitors ;)

Well until this thread started I must admit I'd never even noticed the meter - I'd never scrolled down that far.

This is the kind of thread that excites people who go all giddy when their car mileometer clocks round to a set of naughts. i.e. me. I bang the stearing wheel and cheer a bit (even when there's no-one else there). Really, really, really sad. Abandon hope all ye who enter