VSBfromH

Rick Parfitt

So he's definitely under Par, & definitely not fitt.

Just when you thought this year couldn't get any worse. Oh well still 7 days left, I'm sure the reaper still has some surprises up his sleeve.

Just when you thought this year couldn't get any worse. Oh well still 7 days left, I'm sure the reaper still has some surprises up his sleeve.

Oh you (accurate) prophet of doom...

I honestly don't think he's finished either.

Maybe Errol Christie will be the Howard Davies Jr. of 2016.

Maybe Errol Christie will be the Howard Davies Jr. of 2016.

Just because they are both black?I am so disappointed with your casual racism.:P

• Like 1

I almost saw a concert of Status Quo once. I had bought the ticket but completely forgot to go to the concert. Now I'll never have the opportunity again to see the complete band. So sad.

I honestly don't think he's finished either.
Seriously, what is up with your predicting skills?

I almost saw a concert of Status Quo once. I had bought the ticket but completely forgot to go to the concert. Now I'll never have the opportunity again to see the complete band. So sad.

That's a shame. I was lucky enough to see them many moons ago at Reading Festival, and again a couple of years later touring.

I say 'lucky' because I probably wouldn't have gone to one of their gigs, but their festival set was so enjoyable that I didn't need persuading to see them again.

• Like 1

That's a shame. I was lucky enough to see them many moons ago at Reading Festival, and again a couple of years later touring.

I say 'lucky' because I probably wouldn't have gone to one of their gigs, but their festival set was so enjoyable that I didn't need persuading to see them again.

I saw them many years ago too, I think it was 1986 when they played the SECC in Glasgow on their 'In the Army Now' tour. Then I saw them again in June 1990 at Celtic Park where they supported Rod Stewart. Incredible band, great fun. I will admit that I got bored at both gigs as perhaps I tired a bit early after 'Rocking all over the world' with them and maybe the songs sounded much the same as the gig went on. The 25 minute rendition of Johnny B. Goode as an encore in 1986 had me almost slitting my wrists through sheer repetition but that is what fans of The Quo love. Me, I have been listening again to Paper Plane this weekend and remembering actually how good they were. R.I.P. Rick and thanks for all the memories of lining up 'Quo Style' on the dance floors of rock clubs in Glasgow in my youth whenever The Quo was played. Happy times.

• Like 3