VSBfromH

Rick Parfitt

Quad bypass and 2 heart attacks - and a stent from the bypass furred up again in under a decade. Not Shock Music Death..but mebbe next. Having said that if he gets through the next 72 hours he might outlive Rossi.

Quad bypass and 2 heart attacks - and a stent from the bypass furred up again in under a decade. Not Shock Music Death..but mebbe next. Having said that if he gets through the next 72 hours he might outlive Rossi.

Aye, but how many more gigs have Quo got left in them?

Down down, deeper & down.

• Like 2

Don't think he liked what you're proposin' there.

You're in the morgue now, ooooh, you're in the morgue. Now.

The Quo is no longer Status.

Good find Willz

Not really he he. He popped up on the BBC's Review Obituaries Part 2, and I went "Hang on....nobody mentioned him on the forums.."

So wait... I know as a fact earlier this year or late last year someone (lead singer I think) from Edison Lighthouse died, so are you saying two members of that band died inside of a year?

SC

Not unique this year. Two-third of ELP died this year. Also two members of Jefferson Airplane died.

Viola Beach took that award.

YoungWilz will be pleased that his last theme team actually got a hit on it.

Live Aid has taken a kicking this Year.

#prayforCollins

• Like 2

Does he know it's Christmas time at all?

Just reading about Live Aid there. Apparently Tears for Fears were accused of murdering kids because they didn't take part!

• Like 1

FFS, what a effing year for the music business

Gigs booked until November 2018 and he'd already announced he was no part of them. But it's questionable how much the band really is the Quo now.

Maybe they'll honour these bookings and knock it on the head. If so, last chance to see: http://www.statusquo.co.uk/tourdates.html#.WF6bLVzB6M8

Apparently he died from an infection caused by a shoulder injury. Unnatural bonus points or not?

Apparently he died from an infection caused by a shoulder injury. Unnatural bonus points or not?

Doubtful

Unless you buy the bullshit rock stars like to peddle and assume "natural" in their world is the way the 27 Club peg out.

That`s my first DDP sub gone.

Official statement.

Rick Parfitt 1948 - 2016

Statement from The Parfitt Family & Status Quo Manager, Simon Porter.

We are truly devastated to have to announce that Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has passed away at lunchtime today.

He died in hospital in Marbella, Spain as a result of a severe infection, having been admitted to hospital on Thursday evening following complications to a shoulder injury incurred by a previous fall.

This tragic news comes at a time when Rick was hugely looking forward to launching a solo career with an album and autobiography planned for 2017 following his departure from Status Quo’s touring activities on medical advice.

He will be sorely missed by his family, friends, fellow band members, management, crew and his dedicated legion of fans from throughout the world, gained through 50 years of monumental success with Status Quo.

Rick is survived by his wife Lyndsay, their twins Tommy and Lily and Rick’s adult children Rick Jnr and Harry.

No further comment will be made at this time and Rick's family, and the band, ask for their privacy to be respected at this difficult time.

Injuries don't cause infections, you plonker. Infections are nasty but natural.

Official statement.

Rick Parfitt 1948 - 2016

Statement from The Parfitt Family & Status Quo Manager, Simon Porter.

We are truly devastated to have to announce that Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has passed away at lunchtime today.

He died in hospital in Marbella, Spain as a result of a severe infection, having been admitted to hospital on Thursday evening following complications to a shoulder injury incurred by a previous fall.

This tragic news comes at a time when Rick was hugely looking forward to launching a solo career with an album and autobiography planned for 2017 following his departure from Status Quo’s touring activities on medical advice.

He will be sorely missed by his family, friends, fellow band members, management, crew and his dedicated legion of fans from throughout the world, gained through 50 years of monumental success with Status Quo.

Rick is survived by his wife Lyndsay, their twins Tommy and Lily and Rick’s adult children Rick Jnr and Harry.

No further comment will be made at this time and Rick's family, and the band, ask for their privacy to be respected at this difficult time.

Solo album, aye well - every cloud and that; there's poigniance in every lyric when it finally gets released, then.

Well, I've just come off my first instalment of the Harry Potter series for Christmas to this news.

I now have a hit on every DDP team, sadly. I had indeed picked him again for next year, but my first sub is who I would have liked anyway.

Goodbye Rick, longevity if not on this earth for you, but you will rock on through the ages and the generations to come. RIP.

Our American posters are doubtless head-scratching on this thread. To add a reality check here, despite massive UK sales and a few #1 albums if you look at the Quo discography on Wikipedia they don't even bother to list the US at the top of the albums, since the band never shifted enough copies to log any time in those charts.

So Lyndsay is on the market then :sherlock: