sidburyman

Robbie Coltrane

:P Perhaps a good candidate for impending bucket-kicking is that overweight Scottish thespian Mr Robbie Coltrane. Robbie has always looked rather unhealthy, but in recent years his colour has been a little grey. I believe he's also a smoker who's had a lifetimes worth of lack of exercise and overindulgence. Add that to the dangerous middle age stage in his life and surely you get an an outside chance for pegging out next year? Comments anyone?..... :P
  • Like 1

Guest Guest_sidburyman

Well, I said I thought Robbie was an outside chance. He's definately one to watch though. Those Scots are just queuing up to die in droves. What about Sean Connery from an overdose of cash?

Guest Robbie Coltrane

I am very unhappy that you think I am going to die soon, I only smoke around 75 cigarettes a day and eat twice my body weight in food, although I am partial to a wee 6 - 12 bottles of scotch and brandy oh and vodka and diet coke a week. So as you see I have diet coke to be on the healthy side, because there is too much sugar in normal coke. :banghead::(

Robbie

Is that really you? You look less imposing than I imagined, accents different too.

With the references to cigarettes and whiskey, I think it may be Charles Kennedy in disguise :banghead:

Robbie, Would it be possible for you to let us know when you arent feeling so good, then we could stick you on real quick. :banghead:

I hate to cast aspersions on the authenticity of our two other Scottish posters, but most Scottish people I know don't call whisky "scotch" and they don't spell it "whiskey".

Perhaps if we could just sneak a wee peek under your kilts, to be sure..... :banghead:

Of course! with Scotsmen, there's nothing worn under the kilt.

Hwagh Hwagh Hwagh.

(Carry On Up The Khyber I believe)

Indeed, Private Widdle! And if you take a look, you can tell a true McDonald by his Quarter Pounder.

Guest Guest_IXION

scottish people are allowed to practice transvestism

Of course! with Scotsmen, there's nothing worn under the kilt.

Hwagh Hwagh Hwagh.

No, Madam, I assure you everything is in perfect working order.

scottish people are allowed to practice transvestism

they practise it, but they never quite get it right.

Of course! with Scotsmen, there's nothing much to look at under the kilt.

Hwagh Hwagh Hwagh.

Why, Anubis, how cheeky of you. :lol:

I hate to cast aspersions on the authenticity of our two other Scottish posters, but most Scottish people I know don't call whisky "scotch" and they don't spell it "whiskey".

Perhaps if we could just sneak a wee peek under your kilts, to be sure..... :lol:

I could aways have edited my post - but I will hold up my hands and blame my poor typing. I don't know where that 'e' came from - must be something to do with my Irish grand-parents :lol:

Anyway, can't stay long. The snows are starting to melt, and I must hunt some haggis for next week. ;)

Anyway, can't stay long. The snows are starting to melt, and I must hunt some haggis for next week.

Bag me one when you release yourself from the snow & ice....... around about a half pounder if you can. I know the hunting season is almost over but if you can't trap one, it wont really matter too much.

The truth is worse still:

Take a sheep's pluck (i.e. lights, liver and heart), and clean thoroughly. Make cuts in the liver and heart to let out the blood, and parboil the whole, letting the windpipe hang over the side of the pot to allow blood &c., to escape from the lungs. Boil for half an hour. Mince finely together the heart, half of the liver, and part of the lights, after trimming away the skins and black-looking parts. Add a pound of minced beef suet, the other half of the liver grated, three or four large onions, peeled, scalded, and minced, and mix well. Add a large breakfast-cupfull of oatmeal, toasted to a light brown colour, with a mixed seasoning of black pepper, salt and cayenne pepper, and mix the whole well together.

Take a sheep's stomach, wash thoroughly in cold water, plunge into boiling water, and scrape it clean. Stuff the stomach with the minced meat, after adding to it half a pint of the liquor in which the pluck was boiled, or good beef gravy. Do not fill the bag more than three-quarters full to allow for swelling of the contents; add a little vinegar or the juice of a lemon; press out the air, and sew up the bag; and boil slowly for about three hours. Prick the bag with a darning-needle when it first swells to prevent bursting. If the bag is thin, tie it in a cloth. Place a plate in the bottom of the pot to prevent the bag from sticking to the pot. Serve hot.

(From Herbert Jenkins' "Apply Within About Everything" (1932) (Lifted directly from Mrs. Beeteon))

Anyone know where I can get a darning needle?

Next week we will learn how to make doner.

Next week we will learn how to make doner.

Fly to India

Find elephant

Cut off its foot

Stick on spike

Gently warm until rotten

Wait for pubs to close

This seems as good a place as any to wish all those of the haggis-eating persuasion a pleasant evening and an easy time of it in the morning.

His folks a' deid an' awa' lang syne-

In case his memory we should tyne,

Whistle this tune tae keep ye in min'

At the muckin' o' Geordie's byre-

This seems as good a place as any to wish all those of the haggis-eating persuasion a pleasant evening and an easy time of it in the morning.

His folks a' deid an' awa' lang syne-

In case his memory we should tyne,

Whistle this tune tae keep ye in min'

At the muckin' o' Geordie's byre-

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,

Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!

Aboon them a' ye tak your place,

Painch, tripe, or thairm:

Weel are ye wordy of a grace worthy

As lang's my arm.

Care to translate notapotato?

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,

Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!

Aboon them a' ye tak your place,

Painch, tripe, or thairm:

Weel are ye wordy of a grace worthy

As lang's my arm.

Care to translate notapotato?

Which bits don't you understand. Seems plain enough to me.

Except the word "worthy" at the end of the second last line, which shouldn't be there.

And (I think, can't check at the moment) the last two words should be "ma airm"

That's probably why you had trouble understanding it.

Guest rubeus_hp

Are anyone of you a big fan of robbie?¿?¿?¿ you mustn't say that things of the best scottish actor in the world. I have to say that he is too fat and he smokes too, but i think he can't read this comments, but i give him most of my supports, waiting he live many years from this moment, as a big fan of his person i am.

nearly his birthday 30th march: 55

congratulations champion!!!!

bye from spain!!!!

George

Edited by honez