Cup of Tea

(C)Rappers

21 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

XXXTentacion, best known as a SoundCloud rapper but has gotten quite a bit of attention in the hiphop/rap universe from critics such as Anthony Fantano, recently posted a picture and a video on Instagram (by recently I mean yesterday-ish) depicting the thoughts and acts of suicide. In the video on Instagram, XXXTentacion appears to hang himself off a tree. It was all faked and was a publicity stunt for his new album, being released 25th August 2017.
I'm thinking this dude might be a good one for the "unstable" category.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/xxxtentacion-hangs-himself-on-instagram-nsfw-news.36629.html

The Sinead of Rap Music! 

I will say Lil Wayne it's a good option for the deathlist list... hay has some kind of asma problem 

3 hours ago, Deadpool said:

I will say Lil Wayne it's a good option for the deathlist list... hay has some kind of asma problem 

Here is an article from last year about his "purple drink" cocktail that has given him seizures before.  Definitely is someone likely to OD in the next 10 or so years

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-cocktail-thats-killing-lil-wayne

• Thanks 1

Bay Area rapper Keak Da Sneak remains in critical but stable condition four days after he was wounded in a Richmond shooting, police said Friday.
Charles Williams, 39, who goes by the stage name Keak Da Sneak, was hit several times by gunfire, and was found about 5:30 a.m. Monday in front of a shuttered 76 Gas Station at Carlson Boulevard and Imperial Way, Richmond police Lt. Felix Tan said.

keakdasneak Tan said Friday that the rapper’s condition is stable, but still critical, and he is expected undergo more surgeries.

Singer-songwriter Tweet is reportedly hospitalized with a serious ailment. According to her longtime friend and collaborator Missy Elliott, the 46-year-old songbird is in the hospital with blood clots in both lungs.
SC

53 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Singer-songwriter Tweet is reportedly hospitalized with a serious ailment. According to her longtime friend and collaborator Missy Elliott, the 46-year-old songbird is in the hospital with blood clots in both lungs.
SC

Someone needs to tweet this news.....

• Haha 1

Samson Rulez, an American rapper is claiming on Twitter that he has been killed, that his death is on Tupac and Michael Jackson level, that he is going to sue all of those involved for $300 million and a lot of stuff about Jesus. Either that or he's having a mental breakdown.

2 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Samson Rulez, an American rapper is claiming on Twitter that he has been killed, that his death is on Tupac and Michael Jackson level, that he is going to sue all of those involved for $300 million and a lot of stuff about Jesus. Either that or he's having a mental breakdown.

I have absolutely no idea who he is at all. 

Just now, Joey Russ said:

I have absolutely no idea who he is at all. 

Me neither, appears to be a SoundCloud/ReverbNation rapper rather than one with a record label - albeit with a decent fanbase judging by his 200k Twitter followers.

From some of the posts he makes on Twitter, it looks like it's his brother that's posting is but some others seem like it's himself that's posting the breaking news.

On 8/23/2017 at 21:54, FixedBusiness said:

XXXTentacion, best known as a SoundCloud rapper but has gotten quite a bit of attention in the hiphop/rap universe from critics such as Anthony Fantano, recently posted a picture and a video on Instagram (by recently I mean yesterday-ish) depicting the thoughts and acts of suicide. In the video on Instagram, XXXTentacion appears to hang himself off a tree. It was all faked and was a publicity stunt for his new album, being released 25th August 2017.
I'm thinking this dude might be a good one for the "unstable" category.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/xxxtentacion-hangs-himself-on-instagram-nsfw-news.36629.html

Don't know how many posts I should be making about something that's not a health update or something else like that, but felt like this was nescessary...
first things first, I listened to the album and it's godawful, even theneedledrop (Anthony Fantano) gave it a solid 2/10
Anyways, the real reason I'm here is because he's going to court. The trial begins October 5th. His album, which he released August 25th, 2017 (entitled 17) entered at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. Last October, he was charged with aggravated battery of a pregnant woman, domestic battery, false imprisonment and witness-tampering.
Now, again it's not a health issue but he's been posting stuff on his Instagram story about how he's oh so worried and stressed. Who knows? The start of this trial will be interesting.

15 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Rapper Young Dolph shot "multiple times" in Los Angeles.

Very unlikely to become Old Dolph.

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Are Americans really naming their children Adolph?

more likely Rudolph.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Toast said:

more likely Rudolph.

Or Randolph...

Rapper Fredo Santana was recently diagnosed with kidney and liver failure, and is 'thinking' about changing his ways.
Also says he's collaborating with Chief Keef, who as I recall got shot up with 6 bullets last year.  Solid recovery1
SC

Probably won't make a QO for the DDP but one for your second-tier requirement pools, legendary rap podcaster/journo/radio DJ Combat Jack has colon cancer and is already talking "alternative treatments":

I saw that yesterday and was wondering about how likely he would get a QO. I decided he probably wouldn’t obit though due to him not being linked to any big names plus a smaller Wikipedia page than others, so he’s almost guaranteed to not make my list...