Cup of Tea

(C)Rappers

Especially for guys whose fame is not matched by their bank balance (he was a podcaster in his 40s, I can't imagine he was paying for the best healthcare).

30 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Chiraq rapper and Chief Keef's bezzy Fredo Santana dead at 27 from liver failure.

I memorize all your posts, Cooley.  You can memorize mine.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I love how like seemingly 50% of the people we post--especially in the music category--are 'legends' or 'pioneers'.
Lovebug Starski......  seriously?  Pretty sure I know the actual pioneers of rap and hip hop, and pretty sure I'd have remembered someone called Lovebug.  Those two paths have never crossed.  
Billboard, knock it off with the fucking embellishments.  That goes for all obit writers everywhere.  The fact is precious few of us humans are noteworthy at all, and in fact most of us pesky humans who DO accomplish something still go relatively unnoticed until our obit is published (I suspect having an interest in learning post hoc of these unsung heroes is why most of us enjoy this hobby).
As for legends and pioneers, fuck off.  Lovebug fucking Starski.....musta partnered with legend Lovebug Hutch.

SC

Yeah, if only he'd been namechecked in, what, one of the ten most famous rap songs ever or something.

• Like 1

Possibly coined the term hip-hop and had a top twenty single in the UK.

Famous enough for me...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I love how like seemingly 50% of the people we post--especially in the music category--are 'legends' or 'pioneers'.
Lovebug Starski......  seriously?  Pretty sure I know the actual pioneers of rap and hip hop, and pretty sure I'd have remembered someone called Lovebug.  Those two paths have never crossed.  
Billboard, knock it off with the fucking embellishments.  That goes for all obit writers everywhere.  The fact is precious few of us humans are noteworthy at all, and in fact most of us pesky humans who DO accomplish something still go relatively unnoticed until our obit is published (I suspect having an interest in learning post hoc of these unsung heroes is why most of us enjoy this hobby).
As for legends and pioneers, fuck off.  Lovebug fucking Starski.....musta partnered with legend Lovebug Hutch.

SC

Lest we forget, Lovebug Huggy Bear.

Could have sworn grime MC Stormin had been mentioned around these parts, maybe he was just in my abandoned longlist from last year.

Anyway, he’ s dead: 

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Could have sworn grime MC Stormin had been mentioned around these parts, maybe he was just in my abandoned longlist from last year.

Anyway, he’ s dead: 

Aye, 'twas thee:

Ha, I remember Spade's post...so random, or so I thought... 

I assume that this guy's lifestyle didn't exactly move the odds on his favour.

Bunch of tweets going around saying battle rapper Bender has died, apparently a suicide.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2013 at 18:04, charon said:

Rick Ross crashes his Roller whilst fleeing a gunman who unloaded 20+ shots at him. They missed....

http://www.tmz.com/2...hooting-florida

Rick Ross hospitalised....https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5712944/rapper-rick-ross-rushed-to-hospital-after-collapsing-at-home/

• Sad 1

Calling it now...Fentanyl

Seeing as he is massively overweight,leads a very unhealthy lifestyle and is 40+ I would place my bets on a heart attack. The man is a walking heart attack if ever there was one.

So if its a heart attack MK, and he collapses forward........ Would this qualify him as being Rick Rolled?

• Haha 5

Holy shit, looks like he might not pull through...

I'll be devastated if he dies. By far my favorite rapper.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Bunch of tweets going around saying battle rapper Bender has died, apparently a suicide.

Confirmed.

Can't say I'm suprised about Rick Ross. He's either gone tonight/tomorrow or will linger like Bobby Kristina. 

I don't think Rick Ross will make it.  At best, he'll end up in a vegetative state.

Family are denying all of it, as per the update posted to the TMZ link above.

Saw tweets claiming Ross called one of his friends and he's NOT on life support.

• Like 1

While I don't think Rick Ross is gonna make it, quite a few celebrities had very close brushes with death but survived.

Bret Michaels

Lamar Odom

Lil Wayne

Kevin Smith

So it's possible Rick Ross will pull through.  Doubt it though.  dude's a goner.  

3 minutes ago, BCAlum2000 said:

While I don't think Rick Ross is gonna make me, quite a few celebrities had very close brushes with death but survived.

Bret Michaels

Lamar Odom

Lil Wayne

Kevin Smith

So it's possible Rick Ross will pull through.  Doubt it though.  dude's a goner.  

God damn it, you really massively misunderstood what the last two posts were saying...