Cup of Tea

(C)Rappers

On 08/12/2019 at 11:04, RadGuy said:

Much like Lil Peep, XXXTentacion, and Mac Miller, this death is a big deal for my generation, even though nobody over age 30 has heard of him.

Admittedly I never ventured deep into his music but I liked some of his songs like  Armed & Dangerous and Wasted.

Died of a seizure? I'm gonna guess it was all the lean he drank. Tragic that he had to spend his final moments at Midway Airport. RIP.

For the 25 and under crowd, this may be the biggest celebrity death of the year.  And if the Twitterverse is any indication, for the Generation Z crowd, his death ranks up there with the likes of Elvis Presley and John Lennon, or at the very least, is on par with Tupac Shakur (that's obvious, given both are hip hop artists) and Kurt Cobain (which makes sense too).

It's a generational thing, and Juice WRLD's untimely death is HUGE on the teen and tween crowd and early 20s.  Like I said, you'd think it was Elvis or John Lennon who died.  

BTW...drugs are suspected to be involved in his death

40 minutes ago, BCAlum2000 said:

For the 25 and under crowd, this may be the biggest celebrity death of the year.  And if the Twitterverse is any indication, for the Generation Z crowd, his death ranks up there with the likes of Elvis Presley and John Lennon, or at the very least, is on par with Tupac Shakur (that's obvious, given both are hip hop artists) and Kurt Cobain (which makes sense too).

He was quite popular, but it's an overstatement to compare him to any of those 4. If Drake or Post Malone were to die then maybe they would have that impact.

• Like 1

Our boy 6ix9ine is being released from jail within the next 72 hours according to reports. I'm sure he'll have a nice warm reception from the streets.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Our boy 6ix9ine is being released from jail within the next 72 hours according to reports. I'm sure he'll have a nice warm reception from the streets.

Christmas Day  drive by shooting?

If he's offered witness protection he needs to take it up.

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Dead Man Walking Part 2. Bye, bye!

Shall we put him on the 2020 list?

The car legendary rapper and actor Tupac Shakur was driving in when he was shot dead is being auctioned for $1.75 million in Las Vegas.
SC

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

The car legendary rapper and actor Tupac Shakur was driving in when he was shot dead is being auctioned for $1.75 million in Las Vegas.
SC

How legit is this report from Legit? Have you got a link to the auction site? 

ETA: Also he wasn't driving in it, he was being driven in it. Suge Knight was driving (in) it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, time said:

How legit is this report from Legit? Have you got a link to the auction site? 

ETA: Also he wasn't driving in it, he was being driven in it. Suge Knight was driving (in) it.

4 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

No, there's no link to an auction site, 'cos there's no auction. Reports are two years old. Someone just post-whorin. (Someone apart from me, obv :))

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Red Death said:

According to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office in Chicago, the “Lucid Dreams” rapper, born Jarad Anthony Higgins, died “as a result of oxycodone and codeine toxicity.” His passing was officially ruled an accident.

You're welcome everyone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Pop Smoke, whose latest album got to #7 on the Billboard charts just a few weeks ago, killed in a home invasion aged 20

He also posted an address of where he was going/lives etc on Instagram before being killed.

Manchester based Bugzy Malone has been in, seemingly, quite a serious motorcycle crash. Can't find an article to link to but a video of the mangle/aftermath is causing debate on Twitter over 

A. Why would filming be your go to reaction to a friend coming off his bike?

B. Why are you out playing on bikes during quarantine (ish) time

C. You've now crashed and become a burden on an already crushed NHS. 

Anyway he's not dead, condition not yet confirmed though. 

9 hours ago, joneseuro said:

A. Why would filming be your go to reaction to a friend coming off his bike?

Content is king, baby. Numbers > human decency

Scarface of the Geto Boys got the virus.

Doesn’t look like his mind is playing tricks on him...

Hip-hop artist Slim Thug announced yesterday he tested positive for coronavirus. He also says it's ironic because he frequently posts on social media about how important it is to take the virus seriously.

SC

Apparently 6ix9ine has been released from prison because of the Corona virus.

Update: Admittedly I posted this after seeing stuff on Twitter and then forgot what the date was but several Hip Hop sites are running with it but no reputable news outlets so treat with caution