Cup of Tea

(C)Rappers

On 11/12/2005 at 08:49, Rotten Ali said:

Don't know too much about rappers but a guy called Suge Knight has appeared on my 50 name list. Other than 50 Cent I see that its much more likely that its the old forgotten music stars that are much more likely to be exiting next year.

Fats Domino was in the news this year. Steven Adler, David Crosby, Little Richard, Chuck Berry & Jerry Lee Lewis are all in the frame as could be Charles Aznevour.

ur 3/8

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TomTomTelekom said:

People Under the Stairs were perhaps the ur-undie rap group, very student-y, very Los Angeles, psychedelic rock samples and named after a fucking Wes Craven film. Not for me, but RIP and all that.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2015 at 07:53, Sir Creep said:
On 22/03/2015 at 19:59, Sir Creep said:

South African rapper Nkululeko Habedi, known as Flabba, was stabbed 3-8-2015 in his home in Alexandra, Johannesburg.

I read this and was Flabbagasted.

SChttp://www.naijaloaded.com.ng/2015/03/09/south-african-rapper-stabbed-to-death-girlfriend-arrested/

Coda:

http://actunews.net/exclusive-why-i-killed-flabba/

SirC

Skwatta Kamp group member Musawenkosi Molefe, popularly known as Nishhas died

The group confirmed the news on Friday, saying that he died due to COVID-19 complications after a lengthy stay in hospital. 

The award-winning hip-hop group which consisted of seven members – Infa, Nish, Shugasmakx, Flabba, Nemza, Bozza and most recently Relo, now has five members.

SC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Ketchy the Great, best known for his work as part of Los Angeles' Stinc team, has died.  (I'm sure there are a few jokes to be had.)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/los-angeles-rapper-ketchy-the-great-has-died-2881658

C’mon post a song/video by all dead artists.  You know the drill.

3 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Being a fat rapper has to be extremely hazardous; even if natural causes don't get you, there's so much to aim for in drive-bys.

So what you’re saying is if the drive-bys don’t get them, the drive-throughs will. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

AARRGGHH I picked the wrong Markie!!

On 06/01/2016 at 19:21, Sir Charms said:

Update saying half a kidney removed and all seems well mm hmm.

SC

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/01/boosie-badazz-opens-up-about-cancer-diagnosis/

So take him out of DDP Salvage Lot #125

Boosie Badass cancer free, well, that took long:

https://www.revolt.tv/news/2021/3/17/22336394/boosie-cancer-free

33 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

DMX has OD’d and is in grave condition

This is 2021....the year of miracles.   So I predict a miracle and he'll recover.

If this were 2020, yeah, he'd join the long list of dead celebrities.  But it seems like 2021, we've had tons of celebrities recovering from near death experiences (Dr. Dre, Tiger Woods, Ashley Judd), so don't be shocked if he pulls through. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BCAlum2000 said:

This is 2021....the year of miracles.   So I predict a miracle and he'll recover.

If this were 2020, yeah, he'd join the long list of dead celebrities.  But it seems like 2021, we've had tons of celebrities recovering from near death experiences (Dr. Dre, Tiger Woods, Ashley Judd), so don't be shocked if he pulls through. 

Hmmm... the source says he's in a vegetative state with little brain activity... presumably caused by starvation of oxygen to the brain for a period when the cardiac arrest was triggered by the overdose. So if he did recover, it would literally have to be by the hand of a miracle!

Sounds like a goner to me though. It's what? Nearly 12PM in New York? He was taken there last night at 11pm. The next day will be vital as to whether he has any chance of coming out alive.

56 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

DMX has OD’d and is in grave condition

Lord give us a sign

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hmmm... the source says he's in a vegetative state with little brain activity... presumably caused by starvation of oxygen to the brain for a period when the cardiac arrest was triggered by the overdose. So if he did recover, it would literally have to be by the hand of a miracle!

Sounds like a goner to me though. It's what? Nearly 12PM in New York? He was taken there last night at 11pm. The next day will be vital as to whether he has any chance of coming out alive.

Realistically, I don't think he's gonna make it.  Honestly, i'd be goddamn shocked if he pulls through.  

I was being a bit snarky in regards to my comment of 2021 being  the year of miracles, given the number of high profile celebrities who almost died by miraculously survived, but it does seem like 2021 has been nothing but good fortunes so far (in contrast to the shitstorm that is 2020), so who the heck knows?  

He's in a vegetative state, so even if he survives, he will never live a normal life.  

• Like 1

We're going to lose the world's angriest Paper Lace fan:

EyE6AxSU8AEXlB4?format=png&name=large

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

His lawyer says he's off life support and breathing on his own.

https://uproxx.com/music/dmx-off-life-support-breathing-on-own-lawyer/

Whoa!  Looks like i was right after all!  Looks like DMX might actually pull through!

For all those laughing at me, I told you, 2021 has been the year of miracles and comebacks!  We've had FOUR major celebrities who have had brushes with death (Dr. Dre, Ashley Judd, Tiger Woods, and DMX) and all have miraculously recovered or on the mend.  

Looks like Grim Reaper has been very kind to humanity this year after the shitstorm of 2020.  I was telling everybody that 2021 would be a slow year for celebrity deaths, and looks like I'm been proven right so far...  Grim Reaper took too many of our favorite celebrities in 2020, so looks like he's trying to be more merciful this year.  I know it sounds silly, but usually after a big year of celebrity deaths and tragedies, things tend to be on the upswing...

Just like we've had tons of celebrities who nearly died survive, so too will this world...

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

*Tanya Roberts flashbacks*

IF DMX somehow pulls a miracle and survives, it sounds like it could be a Terri Schiavo situation.  He basically will be in a vegetative state, an invalid.  Is it worth it for his family?