Cup of Tea

(C)Rappers

The TMZ article says his children are flying in to see him. I bet he’s a goner

8 hours ago, ajlposh said:

Off life support and breathing on his own.

8 hours ago, ajlposh said:

A logistical challenge getting his 15 kids to the same place at the same time!

• Like 1

Would he be the biggest name and the most surprising death so far this year?

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Not what that page says when I load it. Maybe it’s been updated since you posted it?

Yes, they've updated it.

49 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

First time I hear his name, but probably more famous for younger people, expecially American.

Depending how long he's in hospital for, if he survives this he may then contract Covid.

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

Not the biggest name, but definitely would be the most surprising and shocking death this year.

Come to think of it, other than Dustin Diamond, we haven't really had any shocking celebrity deaths this year so it's about time we get somebody.  and DMX is definitely big in America.   He's probably one of the biggest names in hip hop, and Americans love their hip hop.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

First time I hear his name, but probably more famous for younger people, expecially American.

I know him for two things X gonna give it to ya song and movie Romeo must die. That would be 1/3 of the 6 leading roles dead from the movie Romeo must die if he dies, which is surprising for a movie 20 years old.  Dmx and aaliyah. Jet li was dead for a few days back in 2004 aswell ,if anyone remembers the tsunami ? But that doesn't count :D

40 minutes ago, BCAlum2000 said:

Not the biggest name, but definitely would be the most surprising and shocking death this year.

Come to think of it, other than Dustin Diamond, we haven't really had any shocking celebrity deaths this year so it's about time we get somebody.  and DMX is definitely big in America.   He's probably one of the biggest names in hip hop, and Americans love their hip hop.  

DMX would be a shocker, and he's certainly a big name, though for me the most shocking death of the year (so far), and perhaps in my life, was that of SOPHIE. I wasn't a superfan or anything, though I enjoyed their work, but somehow their death just left me stunned in a way no other celebrity death, except for maybe Bowie, has.

DMX's peak was nearly 20 years ago, but few rappers have got as enjoyable a back catalogue as him. 

You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a hoe
You're broke, the kid ain't yours, and e'rybody know
Your old man say you stupid, you be like, "So?
I love my baby mother, I never let her go"

1 hour ago, The Dead Cow said:

DMX would be a shocker, and he's certainly a big name, though for me the most shocking death of the year (so far), and perhaps in my life, was that of SOPHIE. I wasn't a superfan or anything, though I enjoyed their work, but somehow their death just left me stunned in a way no other celebrity death, except for maybe Bowie, has.

To be honest, I never heard of Sophie, but I did read about her tragic death.    I don't think Sophie's death received any coverage in the states (not even TMZ covered her death), but from what I read about her, she was pretty big in Europe as a fledging artist. 

I've had my fair share of celebrity deaths that shocked me.  Last year, losing Kobe Bryant, Chadwick Boseman, and Naya Rivera stunned me.  

I think this year, that's why people don't want any more shocking celebrity deaths.  We lost far too many celebrities last year, and I think all of us want 2021 to be a year of good fortunes and recovery so many of us are hoping DMX pulls through -- because if he does somehow survive, it is like we've pulled through and survived as a world.  It's psychological; we vicariously feel like a celebrity overcoming the odds and surviving is a sign that we as a society will be okay and pull through our own global crisis...  DMX surviving gives us hope that everything will be okay.  It's why the Black community in America is rooting especially hard for him.  The Black community has dealt with so much suffering and trauma through police brutality, systemic racism, and the pandemic, so DMX surviving gives them hope that they too, will survive and persevere, and triumph against the odds. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, the_engineer said:

I think that Larry King & Phil Spector are bigger names.

According to TMZ, DMX's mother and fiancé have been able to visit him. He also suffered a heart attack during the OD. His condition is still critical. 

He's on life support and will be in a vegetative state.  He will require 24/7 care and will never be able to function independently.  He will be an invalid.

Sorry to say this, but he's a goner.  Hate to say this, but family should really merciful and pull the plug...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/04/arts/dmx-hospitalized.html?smtyp=cur&smid=fb-nytimes&fbclid=IwAR3sqk_RV-mrQXcUxeA6nRH9-PfN0s4iE9jGKSRdvN58k7mMXKUxK9siHAY

10 minutes ago, BCAlum2000 said:

He's on life support and will be in a vegetative state.  He will require 24/7 care and will never be able to function independently.  He will be an invalid.

Sorry to say this, but he's a goner.  Hate to say this, but family should really merciful and pull the plug...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/04/arts/dmx-hospitalized.html?smtyp=cur&smid=fb-nytimes&fbclid=IwAR3sqk_RV-mrQXcUxeA6nRH9-PfN0s4iE9jGKSRdvN58k7mMXKUxK9siHAY

Ive never seen someone try so hard to come off as an ass

4 hours ago, Banana said:

Ive never seen someone try so hard to come off as an ass

Apparently you haven’t read Ulitzer’s posts.

I'm a big fan of 90s hip hop, but never heard of DMX. However he must be quite famous as of the 18 TV shows he has credits for, 16 of them he was playing himself!

Never heard of him.  I would have guessed DMX was a sort of bike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BCAlum2000 said:

This idiot has been here since 2008?!

Fuck me.

51 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

This idiot has been here since 2008?!

Fuck me.

Ah are you new to BC Alum? I remember well his posts about SIGNIFICANT deaths back in 2009. Set the benchmark for "why hasn't so and so died? Are they teasing us? Person then dies a month later" posts. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Glad I am not the only one.Never heard of the guy.I looked him up and do remember "up in here" being a hit when I was very young but would have guessed it was Ja Rule who sang it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Ah are you new to BC Alum? I remember well his posts about SIGNIFICANT deaths back in 2009. Set the benchmark for "why hasn't so and so died? Are they teasing us? Person then dies a month later" posts. :D

I've been around periodically, but disappeared for a bit b/c of real life obligations.  Still dealing with real life, but decided to drop by cuz I miss ya all.  

As for DMX, I mean, the dude's a friggin' vegetative state!  He will be a goddamn invalid!  Do you know the financial burden and emotional stress of having to care for somebody in a vegetative state?  I point out Terri Schiavo b/c that's how he'll end up being!  It's not a life worth living.  

I understand DMX has a large family and 15 (!) children, so perhaps the family wants to keep him alive for the sake of his children or for whatever psychological reason, to say that their baby daddy is "still alive."  But it's not like DMX can care for any of his children!

Honestly, death will be a far more merciful option for him at this point!  If that makes me as ass, well, imagine being in the family's shoes!  Best decision is to spare him and his family the agony!  

It's possible they didn't want to pull the plug on Easter so I understand.  Maybe they will do it today...