Cup of Tea

(C)Rappers

1 minute ago, BCAlum2000 said:

I've been around periodically, but disappeared for a bit b/c of real life obligations.  Still dealing with real life, but decided to drop by cuz I miss ya all.  

As for DMX, I mean, the dude's a friggin' vegetative state!  He will be a goddamn invalid!  Do you know the financial burden and emotional stress of having to care for somebody in a vegetative state?  I point out Terri Schiavo b/c that's how he'll end up being!  It's not a life worth living.  

I understand DMX has a large family and 15 (!) children, so perhaps the family wants to keep him alive for the sake of his children or for whatever psychological reason, to say that their baby daddy is "still alive."  But it's not like DMX can care for any of his children!

Honestly, death will be a far more merciful option for him at this point!  If that makes me as ass, well, imagine being in the family's shoes!  Best decision is to spare him and his family the agony!  

One of the drawbacks of having a large family is that it will be difficult to reach a consensus if they are offered the option of pulling the plug!

4 minutes ago, Exu said:

One of the drawbacks of having a large family is that it will be difficult to reach a consensus if they are offered the option of pulling the plug!

Fair point.  There's probably push back from some of the family members, especially since he does have 15 kids, so it's possible there are some who will accept having DMX still alive even if he's in a permanent vegetative state and can no longer function on his own.  It's sometimes psychological.  I've seen this in the Black community in America.  They have family members who are terminally ill, can't get out of bed, can't function or even breathe without machines plugged into them, but they choose to keep them alive.  Black people in America are very resilient and I think to them, they want to show toughness.  

16 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

DMX experiencing lung and brain failure.

:pop:

I know many people who live a normal life with brain failure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, drol said:

I know many people who live a normal life with brain failure.

Joey Essex actually makes a living from it.....!

• Haha 1

This is one of the most surprising and hard-hitting potential deaths of the year so far for me - I was never a superfan or anything but I've always enjoyed blasting some of his songs during rough periods. I generally don't listen to a lot of hip hop but I do find something cathartic about it at times.

I think at this state we're looking at a "dead or an invalid" situation. Even if he miraculously survives he's not going to be the same man he was prior to this by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 1

Battery of tests on Wednesday. The article did say his brain was deprived of oxygen for 30 minutes so it all seems something of a formality I'm afraid.

21 minutes ago, jcc said:

Battery of tests on Wednesday. The article did say his brain was deprived of oxygen for 30 minutes so it all seems something of a formality I'm afraid.

No effin' way DMX is coming back!  Everybody needs to accept it!  Does his family (and his fans) REALLY want to see DMX (at best IF he does pull through) in a vegetative state as an invalid?  Is keeping alive somebody "symbolic"?   My guess is they are trying to keep him alive for the sake of his 15 (!) children. 

DMX now dead according to Twitter.

16 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

DMX now dead according to Twitter.

And now that tweet is deleted. What actually happened though?

Most verified accounts have removed their tweets and the article I was just about to link has also been removed.

Fuck sake. More stupid ass posts by BCAlum to come then!

Edit: his manager says it's a rumour. 

13 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Most verified accounts have removed their tweets and the article I was just about to link has also been removed.

13 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Edit: his manager says it's a rumour. 

Deid-MX

• Like 1

Wow, this is proving to be quite the deadly day. RIP, wonder who ol' grim has in mind next... :pop:

5 hours ago, BCAlum2000 said:

Well, now that Prince Philip died and DMX is still alive, Black Twitter is breathing a HUGE sigh of relief...

They are hopeful that maybe this is a sign that the Grim Reaper chose to take Prince Philip's life so that DMX can be spared and be given another chance.  In a vegetative state nonetheless, but at least the Grim Reaper may end up sparing him.

That, and I'm surprised Black America actually knows who Prince Philip is.  

This is literally the stupidest non Iain post I've ever seen here.

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

don't know a lot about Rap : was he a famous one, a major figure ?

Yeah, definitely. He was never the biggest star in rap, or the most critically acclaimed, but he was widely loved and had a style that meant he had crossover appeal to a more rocker crowd than other hip-hop artistes. In terms of rap fame deaths I'd say he's above just above Nate Dogg but below the mid-90s trinity of deaths.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Yeah, definitely. He was never the biggest star in rap, or the most critically acclaimed, but he was widely loved and had a style that meant he had crossover appeal to a more rocker crowd than other hip-hop artistes. In terms of rap fame deaths I'd say he's above just above Nate Dogg but below the mid-90s trinity of deaths.

Love that "mid-90 trinity of deaths" expression ! thank you for the answer

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

don't know a lot about Rap : was he a famous one, a major figure ?

No idea but I had one of his bikes when I was a kid

• Like 1

DMXtinct

• Like 1