Cup of Tea

(C)Rappers

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

we never hear of opera singers or boy bands being killed in gunfights, but I guess they have their own vices

Well, there was that one boy band member that got capped back leaving the Dakota Apartments in December 1980.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Well, there was that one boy band member that got capped back leaving the Dakota Apartments in December 1980.

Wasn't he arriving at the apartments?

• Like 2

(Wiki) Raheem Brown (stage name Tame One) died Nov. 5th age 52. Member of groups The Artifacts, Leak Bros, and The Weathermen. 

He is a first cousin of rapper (Wiki) Redman.

• Like 3

Not a great 24 hours for Redman collaborators of the 90s. Health checks on Young Zee and K-Solo?

3 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I saw this yesterday but didn't post it because I didn't know where r&b singers go, then got distracted by work. Do they go in the rap thread?
(not a dig at you, I am just new here, and I see a lot of r&b deaths and hospitalizations).

33 minutes ago, lilham said:

I saw this yesterday but didn't post it because I didn't know where r&b singers go, then got distracted by work. Do they go in the rap thread?
(not a dig at you, I am just new here, and I see a lot of r&b deaths and hospitalizations).

I did actually check this, and drew a blank on R&B. However, scouring Wikipedia, he also worked as a rapper. 

• Like 1

"Ay yo my labelmate Don Newkirk, man, step to 'em," gotta be one of the greatest rap lines of all-time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

"Ay yo my labelmate Don Newkirk, man, step to 'em," gotta be one of the greatest rap lines of all-time.

Gilbert Gottfried dead from that video this year.

Gas Face curse, baby...

• Like 1

Bad luck if you were planning on capitalising on Scottish drill rapper Triple01s' recent admission that he had months to live: dead at 21.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Bad luck if you were planning on capitalising on Scottish drill rapper Triple01s' recent admission that he had months to live: dead at 21.

Asked DI about two picks being allowed earlier this week. Neither have seen Sunday let alone 2023.

(Mel "keeping an eye on her for years and now in hospice care" Dzelde the other.)

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Clicking on that article and seeing "Scottish drill rapper", "Rangers daft", "died of bone cancer aged 21" and "Allah" altogether has definitely fucked with my head for the day.

• Haha 2

Twitter full of rumours that Big Scarr (wiki) has died aged 22. No media confirmation yet.

• Like 1

Southern rapper Gangsta Boo, who made a name for herself as a member of the popular Memphis-based rap crew Three 6 Mafia, died at 43 years:

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/memphis-rapper-gangsta-boo-found-dead-three-6-mafia-group-founder-confirms/I32NPSK5DNGCTCEGL7R5HELNCA/

She left the group over money disputes in 2000. She later went on to release popular solo singles like "Where Dem Dollas At!?"

• Like 4

On 25/05/2022 at 13:22, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Last week Malu Trevejo posted that some rapper named Lil Keed had passed away. I believe that it was also mentioned on yahoo.

Lil Keed cause of death determined to have been natural causes due to eosinophilia. (An explanation of the condition is included in the article.)

https://people.com/music/lil-keed-cause-of-death-confirmed-by-coroner-7-months-after-he-died/