Cup of Tea

(C)Rappers

8976-500sq.jpg
  • Like 1

Influential rap DJ Mr. Magic (real name John Rivas) has died of a heart attack aged 53.

He gets name-checked in songs (?) by Whodini, 2Pac, Biggie Smalls, Nas and Mos Def.

Beastie Boy Adam Yauch says he's 'hopeful' that he has overcome cancer of

the salivary gland.

But I'm sure that visiting Tibetan doctors will inspire great confidence in his survival... :wub:

Derek B

"One of the first UK hip-hop stars to enjoy chart success and an influence on future urban artists, has died aged 44.

Derek Boland had UK top 20 hits with Good Groove and Bad Young Brother in 1988 and co-wrote the Anfield Rap for Liverpool Football Club."

Turn-of-the-90s New Jersey MC Apache has smoked his last peace pipe age 44 after battling a "long illness". If anyone else that dies this month does anything as great as "

" at any point in this career, I'll be stunned.

Chilly B

Obviously a distant cousin of Derek (see above), the former member of Newcleus has died aged 47 following a stroke. The fruit-preserve obsessed group had hits in the 80s with the extremely irritating "Jam On Revenge (The Wikki-Wikki Song)" and "Jam On It".

Horrorcore manager/cult figure/mascot/not-really-a-rapper-I-suppose-but-this-is-headline-news-on-most-rap-sites-that-have-white-people-reading-them-right-now Uncle Howie is dead.

Can your list get any duller ? I think not

Can your list get any duller ?

That depends on whether you keep posting here or not.

IM CRUSHED

IM CRUSHED

And there was me thinking you were just another fool that can't spell.

I'd have thought you'd at least have taken the time to spell the names on your list in your sig correctly, even if you can't be arsed posting correctly.

Being as this is the dying rappers thread, it's probably worth pointing out that some of the personal messages Boddy has been sending me show he could certainly hold his own in most freestyle battles:

plank. Replace the p an l an yeh you guessed it ur a crank

I thank you for your back handed compliment an wish to make peece as i am clearly not in your league of intelligence im going im going ...im going deeper under ground hope you like this peice an suitable to your pallet.

Yeah, at a guess that's because of certain actionable comments about the producer "Solar", a very shifty character who become close to Guru in his final days and is now going around with a letter he claims was written by Guru on his deathbed. Good to see rap music maintaining its usual dignified approach to a death.

Guardian obit

By the looks of that link, I'd say he was probably murdered in a vengeance killing for his involvement in Jeff Goldblum's paragliding accident.

Huddy 6

The former member of the rap group Harlem World has died in a car crash aged 33.

"They released their first and only album, The Movement on March 9, 1999, which would make it to #11 on the Billboard 200 and be certified gold the following month"

I have all of their albums apart from their first one.

• Like 1